Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K's Mods - Units, Changes, Factions (30.04) - WS Support added

General K's Avatar Libertus

Icon2 K's Mods - Units, Changes, Factions (30.04) - WS Support added

Hello there,

I will keep several of my mods here for TW:Attila.

Changelogs

Changelog: 30.04:

- Workshop Support added. Links also below. Recommended for fast updates and easier installation guides.

- Changed layout of DB folder and organised into appropriate categories.

- Updated Unit Changes mod to include updated Roman Generals and also leaders. Generals now reflect ranks by levels in terms of graphics. So they start like a centurion type model, rise up changing helms and various other equipment until they reach full level and reflect this by looking very well.....elite and prestigious

- Updated and changes various custom unit models to look slightly better.

- Updated Misc Changes to include a better colour scheme for factions
    - Updated Ostro-Roman pack to include updated Roman leader.

- New Packs added, K's 1HP system. Removes all bonus HP from units, also K's 1HP Custom Units for my own units.

Changelog: 10.04

- Changed Main page to be more user friendly and clearer (I hope :S)
    - Updated model files with some assistance from DramaBelli to use the textures properly.
    - Changed the name of Protectores Domestici to Imperatorium Magister Peditum

- Changed Legatus Praesidium stats to the following:

- Armour Type > Cuirass > Heavy Mail

- Changed Protectores Praesidium stats to the following:

- Melee attack > 35>38
    - Melee defence > 39>42
    - Morale > 50>60

Changelog: 09.04

- Re-organised folders
    - Added Ostro Roman Conversion Mod
    - Added corresponding pack files and information below

Changelog: 07.04

- Updated all unit packs
    - Added new packs
    - Graphical and stat re-balance and review
    - New faction colours
    - Preparation for Ostro-Roman Conversion mod

Unit Mods

Unit Mods:

Legatus Praesidium:

This unit is a small General's staff unit. They may be small but can defend the commander with deadly force. They can however be overwhelmed due to their small numbers but won't go easily.

Factions available to: Western and Eastern Roman Empires

Type: General - Cavalry
    Unit Cap: 2
    Strength: 60 men
    Officers: 3 including General
    Standards: 0
    Recruitment Cost: 1000
    Upkeep Cost: 600

Armour Type: Cuirass
    Weapon Type: Spatha
    Shield Type: Oval
    Charge Bonus: 50
    Melee Attack: 60
    Defence: 50
    Morale: 70
    Bonus to HP: 120
    Discipline Level: Elite

Spoiler for Images

Protectores Praesidium:

This unit is inspired by various current units but reside as the Guards of the Palace or Government Buildings, the Guard do have a heavy price for protecting those around them as they have a constantly expanding influence amid the crisis of both the Roman Empires.

Type
    : Very Heavy Infantry
    Unit Cap: 4
    Strength: 180 men
    Officers: 2 including General
    Standards: 1
    Recruitment Cost: 900
    Upkeep Cost: 500

Armour Type: Heavy Mail
    Weapon Type: Heavy Spatha
    Charge Bonus: 15
    Melee Attack: 38
    Defence: 42
    Morale: 60
    Bonus to HP: 70

Spoiler for Images

Imperatorium Magister Peditum:

These men are Senior Officers who are under command of an appointed Tribune. He accompanies the Commanding General which his unit is attached too.

Type: General - Very Heavy Infantry
    Unit Cap: 3
    Strength: 80 men
    Recruitment Cost: 1000
    Upkeep Cost: 550

Armour Type: Heavy Mail
    Weapon Type: Heavy Spatha
    Charge Bonus: 15
    Melee Attack: 50
    Defence: 45
    Morale: 70
    Bonus to HP: 100

Spoiler for Images

Palatina Guards:

These guards have been chosen and handpicked by the General they accompany. Slightly better in combat than their counterparts they can defend against most threats.

Type: General - Very Heavy Infantry
    Unit Cap: 4
    Strength: 162 men
    Recruitment Cost: 495
    Upkeep Cost: 325

Armour Type: Mail
    Weapon Type: Spatha
    Charge Bonus: 5
    Melee Attack:18
    Defence: 18
    Morale: 52
    Bonus to HP: 55
    Discipline Level: Well Trained

Spoiler for Images

View Factions
    Factions:

OstroRomans - An experimental pack which basically changes the entire Ostrogoth faction into Romans. I decided to call them the Northern Roman Empire. Includes a custom backstory etc etc however have not changed the starting location, nor diplomatic relations due to --->. A few minor things not changed yet because I am still trying to suss out the system without the assistance of CA's Official Modding tools which were and are extremely handy for making and replacing factions on many aspects.

This includes:

- Ostrogoth faction replaced by faction described
    - Roman Tech Tree
    - Units based off WRE and 1 off ERE
    - Roman Generals and Family/Political Tree
    - Custom and Roman Missions for faction
    - Campaign map units reflecting Romans complete with art, diplomacy and so fourth etc.
    - The majority of anything else you could think of in regards to Roman conversion.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

NOTE : To use, you must enable both the packs included within either the 2 options below:

4 Turn Per Year - Vanilla friendly and only changed things in relation to faction
    12 Turn Per Year - Changes in relation to faction and also extends various aspects of the game to match the increase in turns thus making the game feel longer as it is. (Climates, Ministerial length, Build time, tech research time, experience gains etc)
    View Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous
    :

Unit Changes - This mod changes some of the default vanilla units. Currently I have changed the Roman Officers and Standard Bearers. Will expand at a later date to include faction leaders and much more.

K's 1HP system - This mod changes the land units table to remove all bonus HP and also those from my mod in a separate pack. Uses vanilla tables so friendly in that regard.

Misc Changes - This mod changes random things. At the moment it only includes a better faction colour scheme (In my opinion).

Dropbox - Download Link
    Steam Workshop
    - Link to Workshop Collections

Compatibility:

Fully compatible with any mod:

- All unit mods

Potentially compatible: Depends on load order and also if other mods use vanilla gear/equipment replacements. This can alter the way the units look in the game.
    (For example currently I use FOTE's Unit graphical overhaul hence why my units helmets for example are going to be slightly different from the stock vanilla ones as that mod replaces vanilla models)

- Misc changes
    - K's 1HP system
    - Unit Changes
    Some mods may alter how powerful this unit is if they change weapons and armour stats. Apart from that should be all good. The units are unlocked via certain technologies and do not replace any units themselves.

Install: Or use the Workshop (Highly recommended)

1. You should download the .rar file for corresponding mod you would like within the folders. You can use all unit packs etc together and campaign mods however make sure you read the above as to how to install the conversion.
    2. Extract contents of the .rar, which should be a .pack file and sometimes a picture, to your Attila data folder
    3. Then activate via mod manager.

4. Recommend using the Modmanager to set up a load order. I would load the conversion mod as first in list and then anything else below. ( Unless you have a total overhaul mod, load that first).

Other mods I recommend:

- Attila Enhanced Overhaul
    - Fall of the Eagles Unit and Texture Pack
    - Radious Blood Pack

Permissions: If you wish to use any units or components within a mod pack or want to publish it elsewhere please don't hesitate to contact me. As of the moment the links will remain as above ONLY.
    Last edited by General K; April 30, 2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Updated 30.04
    " Nemo me impune lacessit"
    No One Provokes Me With Impunity

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: K's Mods - Units, Possibly More

Nice work mate...
    Are you using any graphics mod???
    Pics are looking really good...their color also.

Cheers

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Do the Protectores Domestici have 80 or 180 men?

How do you install it? when i downloaded the files it was 2 notepad files, and when i manuel install it into the Total war atilla data folder it dosent register it when i launch the game.

I am actually using GEM. In my view it is a very nice addition.

The protectores domestici have 80 men yes. This is because they are really good in combat but also because they are more or less Staff Officers and not an actual legion or such.

Install:

1. you should download the .rar file for corresponding unit you want or both.
    2. Extract contents of the .rar, which should be a .pack fil e and a picture, to your Attila data folder
    3. Then activate via mod manager.
    Last edited by General K; February 24, 2015 at 05:56 AM.

But when i download the file it isnt a .rar file :S

When using your mod im having some graphical problems.
    for example when trying to recruit protectores praesidium or protectores domestici for the general bodyguard unit it shows the unit cards vertically arranged which makes it very hard to choose which unit you actually want to recruit because it doesnt show more than 2 unit cards vertically.

Also when hovering ur mouse over one of the unit cards while trying to recruit your generals bodyguard it doesnt show the full details list on the left side to see its stats.
    Only Melee attack, melee damage, charge bonus and melee defense.

Last but not least the unit count shows that there are only 60 and 135 men. Thats shown above the unit card when recruited either as general or standalone unit.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: K's Mods - Units, Possibly More (06.04)

The Spatha on the legatus unit is missing on some units

Default Re: K's Mods - Units, Possibly More (06.04)

Going to bring down the link until I fix all issues and release a final version.

Pretty much for like 15 minutes at least but still I constantly am changing things so that is why many things are slightly broken or missing. Shouldn't be long

EDIT: Fixed and updated to final version....for now. Should fix missing equipment on units, added more mods. Updated all of the packs, particularly the units themselves, graphically and statistically. Hopefully much more enjoyable now.

Changelog: 07.04

- Updated all unit packs
    - Added new packs
    - Graphical and stat re-balance and review
    - New faction colours
    - Preparation for Ostro-Roman Conversion mod
    Last edited by General K; April 07, 2015 at 05:09 PM.

Default Re: K's Mods - Units, Changes, Factions (07.04)

Finally some good old fashioned and efficient elite Roman line infantry. Frankly, I've been waiting for this until i'd start my ERE campaign. Plus, they look amazing. Some real good job you did there ! +rep

Slight remark, though. The scabbards eventually look a little odd, since they're on the wrong side, same as in DeI. I presume you placed them on the same side soldiers wield their swords since otherwise the scabbard would be hidden by the shield ?

New Roman Units thank you for that !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aenar View Post
    Finally some good old fashioned and efficient elite Roman line infantry. Frankly, I've been waiting for this until i'd start my ERE campaign. Plus, they look amazing. Some real good job you did there ! +rep

Slight remark, though. The scabbards eventually look a little odd, since they're on the wrong side, same as in DeI. I presume you placed them on the same side soldiers wield their swords since otherwise the scabbard would be hidden by the shield ?
    To be honest, I prefer them with the scabbards however I have no idea in terms of models and such about positioning etc etc. I would love them to look better. For example currently the soldier scabbards seen as opposed to the Legatus ones, are positioned like in between soldiers legs which looks really annoying for me anyway at times. I am thinking about replacing all of them to match the Legatus ones as they are better and don't clip as bad.

We will see what comes but for now they can stay as they are. As for this I will probs release multiple versions containing different variations. One with normal scabbards, one the legatus type and the other without any. It was more for a better feel visually and they look nice when idle but during combat it can get a bit.....in the way unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tark_24 View Post
    New Roman Units thank you for that !!!
    No problem, I try my best. I do love the Romans and when I eventually sort out the Ostro Roman conversion I have made it will satisfy people's need for a smaller Roman faction and challenge them a lot. Should be done by end of week. I don't have the time atm to sort it (Remove all my custom crap from it and make it friendly to everyone haha). Friday night by latest.

Beautiful work! I like it so much!!!

Default Re: K's Mods - Units, Changes, Factions (08.04) - OSTRO-ROMAN Conversion added

Changelog: 09.04

- Re-organised folders
    - Added Ostro Roman Conversion Mod
    - Added corresponding pack files and information below

Should be okay to use, any major issues let me know.
    Last edited by General K; April 09, 2015 at 02:25 PM.

Default Re: K's Mods - Units, Changes, Factions (09.04) - OSTRO-ROMAN Conversion added

i am not sure if anyone else has the problem as me which i posted a while ago .
    When trying to recruit a new general and choosing his bodyguard the UI is kinda messed up and makes it basically impossible to choose another bodyguard unit except the 2 palatina guards and legatus .
    In the Grand Campaign the Bodyguard Unit cards are all vertically arranged instead of horizontally.
    Another thing is that when mouse over one of the unit Cards, it only shows the 4 first stats and everything else is not shown at all. That only happens when trying to recruit said Bodyguard for General.

Something else.
    Protectores Praesidium are a little bit too expensive in comparison with Herculiani Seniores. They are not really better statwise or utility wise but cost a whopping 100 more .
    Maybe you can reduce their costs a little bit or add some anti melee bonus to it .

Suggestion:
    Would it be possible to make the Legatus and Imperatorium Unit also available as standalone Units and not only for bodyguards ?
    You can reduce stats and costs to bring them more in balance with the rest of the roman unit roster.

Default Re: K's Mods - Units, Changes, Factions (09.04) - OSTRO-ROMAN Conversion added

RADIOUS COMPATIBLE?????? this mods looks great imma see what i can do!

plz remove this post
    Last edited by JVR; April 09, 2015 at 03:28 PM.

i downloaded the 12tpy ostroconversion, now it says above somthing about enabling 2 packs, however i only have the one .pack file, will that be enough?

Edit: ok so i got the 12tpy and the unit pack files, sorry but the instructions under the converison are a little confusing......i try it with my mod manager setting them both to the top iof my load list and....no luck... any pointers?

Edit2: Ok i figured out what i needed to do, game started and the conversion is successful, however there seems to be an issue, i am unable to recruit any men..... i looked into the building browser at my migrating buildings and there are no available men, i also looked at the normal buildings and they too have no recruitable men listed.....did i do somthing wrong? this mod is going to make for an epic campaign if we can resolve this issue! thanx
    Last edited by JVR; April 09, 2015 at 03:26 PM.

Okay so, in regards to that element.

U cannot recruit units or be a horde to start off with because the Romans don't use horde buildings.

So u MUST found or capture a settlement to end the migration and once u build the city or town units will start to become available as u use Roman buildings. Once the tools become avaliable for CA or I experiment further maybe I can change the horde buildings scheme to be whatever the Roman nations have when the migrate.

I shall consider further rebalancing also. Currently the Palace guards are better slightly and have more men standard and fancier uniforms ! (They cost a lot to make u know xD)

I shall change them for sure.

In regards to the UI element. I have no idea how or why it does this on general selection. I do know however the best way to see full selection is via general replacement or when u are changing a bodyguard unit. Not ideal but if I figure it out I will amend it asap.

Radious compatibility is there I suppose however I would have to make separate version for unit mods. As it is first mod to replace or attempt to replace/make new faction there is now a foundation Where there is a will, there is a way :p
    Last edited by General K; April 09, 2015 at 04:50 PM.

ok well, i took a roman city with roman buildings and still no units.. i looked in the building browser and i got nothing, would you mind just giving it a quick test and see if i am crazy thanx!

i also disabled all other mods just to see if there was a hidden problem, still no units so....
    Last edited by JVR; April 09, 2015 at 05:02 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast