Thread: Attila dies automatically at 445AD?

Default Attila dies automatically at 445AD?

When I hit the objective for that surviving till 445AD I received a messaging saying Attila had died. Was it a coincidence or is it a scripted thing?

Default Re: Attila dies automatically at 445AD?

He died in 453 so coincidence....?
    Haven't got that far yet so not sure

Interesting, I've reloaded an older save anyway to test something so I guess I'll see when I hit that event again. I really hope it isn't scripted, would be a bit silly if it was.

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

It is a case of Creative Assembly not doing the bloody research. In real life it was Belda, Attila's brother who died in 445 AD, allowing Attila to become the sole leader of the Huns. So realistically between 445 AD and 453 AD is when the Huns are at their strongest

It's scripted, I think.

It's historically inaccurate, but I think CA wanted to push the events forward in the timeline so we wouldn't have to wait another 40 turns for things to wrap up. The game starts at 395, but the problem faced with CA is that casual gamers probably only have the patience to play around 100 turns.

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    It's scripted, I think.

It's historically inaccurate, but I think CA wanted to push the events forward in the timeline so we wouldn't have to wait another 40 turns for things to wrap up. The game starts at 395, but the problem faced with CA is that casual gamers probably only have the patience to play around 100 turns.
    Fecking normie causals if they dont have the patience to play for another 40 turns then they all should go back to ball sports in real life.