Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellenika - Main thread

Default Re: Greeks at War

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    I have a much easier program than hex editor and have offered my services to help you guys with the shields as discussed with moreafinkos.

Let me know if you need my help
    Your help is most welcome mate!

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Man this mod grow very fast it seems, I joined a week ago was it or two? and now just look at how many are part of it!

i am so happy! team....

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Man this mod grow very fast it seems, I joined a week ago was it or two? and now just look at how many are part of it!
    Very talented bunch of guys here and having had some contact with some of the team and input into my own mod it is easy to say it will be an honour to help out.

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

I just rage quit GC coz AI is soo ****ing stupid. Come on guys, I know you can brew a wine that rocks my socks off

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

This is a mod for Wrath of Sparta based on Phalangitis' first idea for that, isn't it? It looks pretty good, though the map still annoys me so much... it's bad enough that the map only portrays the Aegean without Magna Graecia. But even worse, there's not even Potidaia or Plataiai on the map, which were so central to the early stages of the war, and I think Tegea is missing, too, while Mantineia is not an own faction, but controlled by Argos (of course you could correct the latter, I guess). I will try this one anyway, though, hopefully CA will release map tools anytime soon...
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

I think they wont update the rome2 assembly kit anymore, probably there will be a new one for attila soon but not for rome2 Anyway the commercialization of video games led to a rushed dlc policy. I wouldnt blame CA for this but the quality of games sufferes under the pressure of time originated by the publishers. I think thats why the map is so unfinished and sadly there is no way to mod it.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

In Steam group we were speaking about the possibility of using the Attila battle map editor for the Rome II battle maps.
    They said we could import our own models and the battle maps are the same file format...

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    In Steam group we were speaking about the possibility of using the Attila battle map editor for the Rome II battle maps.
    They said we could import our own models and the battle maps are the same file format...
    So your looking to port the mod over to Attila?

No mate just to use Attila map editor to create battle maps. For example aunique battle map of Athens, Sparta etc..

Read carefully again slowminding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    This is a mod for Wrath of Sparta based on Phalangitis' first idea for that, isn't it? It looks pretty good, though the map still annoys me so much... it's bad enough that the map only portrays the Aegean without Magna Graecia. But even worse, there's not even Potidaia or Plataiai on the map, which were so central to the early stages of the war, and I think Tegea is missing, too, while Mantineia is not an own faction, but controlled by Argos (of course you could correct the latter, I guess). I will try this one anyway, though, hopefully CA will release map tools anytime soon...
    Nice to see you here Mausolos..Yeah map tools would be great.
    You can always drop by here and your opinion carries a lot of weight to a lot of people and me among them..We dont get to sepak with a Doctor in History everyday..
    Whenever you feel like you want a breather from Hellenistic world of R2TR, Peloponnesian era is lovely this time of year..

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    Steile k edo oti exeis na do an den eho kapoia!
    I've got the whole book. Just haven't brought it to Athens... I will, after Πάσχα

@Tenerife_Boy something like this here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    I've got the whole book. Just haven't brought it to Athens... I will, after Πάσχα
    Brilliant! I ll wait then!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjpower24 View Post
    Oh damn! this is a really good looking helmet!!
    I like the combo colours on the crest. Also Black&Red and black&white are accurate.
    Last edited by Tenerife_Boy; March 29, 2015 at 06:30 AM.

Ok i imitated Niko and here are my results [though not on Nikos level]

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

I think they wont update the rome2 assembly kit anymore, probably there will be a new one for attila soon but not for rome2 Anyway the commercialization of video games led to a rushed dlc policy. I wouldnt blame CA for this but the quality of games sufferes under the pressure of time originated by the publishers. I think thats why the map is so unfinished and sadly there is no way to mod it.
    Sadly you are probably right. We can only hope that the Attila editor will be usable for Rome II somewhere in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    Nice to see you here Mausolos..Yeah map tools would be great.
    You can always drop by here and your opinion carries a lot of weight to a lot of people and me among them..We dont get to sepak with a Doctor in History everyday..
    Whenever you feel like you want a breather from Hellenistic world of R2TR, Peloponnesian era is lovely this time of year..
    Haha, I haven't even started my doctor's degree yet, but it will be about Syracuse under the tyrants, so it kinda fits If you need any ''advice'' on anything or someone to write descriptions you can always ask me
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

That's what I'm talking about!!! + rep to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    If you need any ''advice'' on anything or someone to write descriptions you can always ask me
    Fantastic.This exceeds my expectations.I will send an invitation for GReeks at War development group.When we finish all troops if you have the time we will really need those descriptions.Also if you accept
    the invitation i will open a thread so you can answer any Historic questions you like in your limited time.