Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Hellenika - Main thread

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Hellenika - Main thread

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom View Post
    This mod is a disaster.
    What are your tactics for looking like a troll? To see how fast anyone can report you? Try another utterly useless comment like that and I'll show it to you.

If you have any criticism, be constructive about it or move on, as Thyra13 is suggesting.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

KEA's Avatar Senator

In my opinion this mod is somewhat overscripted.

Example: I started a campaign as Sparta. On game start my balance was at some reasonable 1,000 to 2,000 plus. Then out of the blue it went through the ceiling with some 7,000 plus in the second turn and 9,000 plus in the third turn. So fine, I invested the money into some more buildings and into raising 1 (yes, "one") additional unit. The starting units I merged into a full stack army what I marched north to do what proper Spartans do. The next turn my balanced dropped down to -1,500, that is by some 10,000 (what is, in terms of Rome II, the budget of the Ptolemaic Empire).

Next move of mine was to attack Argos where it showed some insane defence ratio, even though no enemy army was around. So I decide to lay siege to that town. Bad idea, because I no was at -6,268 income; starting from +9,000 that turn and by just moving my only army.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hellenika.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	316.2 KB 
ID:	342269

So, yes you certainly did a lot of research, have some brilliant ideas and excellent coding, but when you come up with a game about the Peleponnesian War in which Sparta is not capable of fielding a single army, the entire sphere of balancing needs to be looked after. Or, what am I missing that I would be supposed to do in this situation?

KEA thanks for the feedback!
    Although, as mentioned at the manual, campaigning cost you a lot of money and laying siege even more. This is not only mentioned at the ancient sources (Thoukidides), but also at recent economic researches on the Peloponnesian war. Just an example, the siege of Potidaea almost destroy the Athenian financial capability.
    Sparta can easilly field 2 armies, although going at enemy teritory cost you money and needs carefull planing.

First of all thanks the feedback mate
    I will never tire to say that this mod is a totaly new experience. A completely new game. To get the feel of it you probably will face few initial unsuccesfull campaigns and disasters. I have played countless campaigns and I can tell you that these problems mentioned are easily bypassed with same simple planning. I am not palying it smart here in my first campaigns although I knew every part of the game I still failed. ONly one of our testers managed to finish the game in legendary difficulty and even for him the first winning campaign was his third try..
    These problems are bypassed easily
    examples 1) there are somer techs in strategic department that low campaigning upkeep in a certain area. So If you are planning to campaign notrh then make the preparations for it.YOu will see that your army is not draining your treasury then. Same goes for agreements. Upkeep raises for enemy territory so if you are moving across friends upkeep raises more slowly. 2) Start a siege only if you know you have good chances of winning it (at first ) because if you do all economic penalties are removed from the captured populace (check the manual for occupational decisions). So if you win you can see your balance move from -9000 to +5000 and even more. 3) Initialy Sparta is rather weak so wait a bit to collect money before you go and attack. When you do, do it fast. Enter the region and take it if possible in a single turn. For this reason at first attack unwalled settlements. Spartans were not that good besiegers anyway.. As you grow stronger money will be no problem (In 399 BC I raise as Sparta almost +10000 per turn) but other problems will enter (like manpower). At every point of a campaign you will face a different challenge. At first money and Athenian navy. LAter on rebellions later on manpower etc. You need to adapt. Trust me that you will face some disasters and many reloads before your first succesfull campaign but that succesfull campaign will stay in your memeory. At least it stayed in mine .

Hello !
    First, I gotta tell you you deserve great respect for that mod, its feeling of authenticity and challenge and awesome battle mechanics is the truthfullest sight in ancient time I ever experienced apart from movies! Without disclaiming DeI, Hellenika is by far my top first mod for rome II, along with Haegemonia !
    BUT : I have a serious problem, and I know Patrick von Patey had the same, playing Argos too, which is around turn 40 I was unable to recruit any unit anymore (no more recruit points available) ! It would be a shame to abandon this campaign after being so well immersed in it ! Please tell me there's a way out (I didn't found any response concerning Patrick prob) !

Thank you for your warm comments.
    Now for your question. Don't abandon your campaign. Keep your save file. Due to the cold I have some power problems at home and currently I can't use my pc. Please post here your save game file (uploaded through a mediafie link for example) and when my problem is fixed in a few days I will look into it and fix it for you our if it does not need fixing I will guide you on what to do to. Till then you can try playing another faction.
    Last edited by Phalangitis; January 10, 2017 at 05:40 PM.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Where do I download the mod? besides steam?

HERE

Just go to the first post near the end and find the highlighted links saying Non steam links.
    Cheers

Hello there, i encountered a bug of some sort in a battle, il try to post a pic, cause you know, a picture equals a thousand words.

i hope the link works. I see that you havent updated the mod in a while which probably means you have finished developing it, is there any other mods that you use, or you would suggest to use with this one that enhance the game and are compatible?

Sorry i dont see the link working and i cant seem to find an edit button so i have to post again, i hope this time it does, in any case this is the link in raw https://imgur.com/a/HYFaT

sorry to see that...I've put many hours into this one and I've never encountered such a bug. I've seen the AI do something similar but once I get a near enough distance they snap out of their stupidity and hit me harder than I ever expected !

Hail Phalangitis,
    Will you be able to find the time to fix this mod after the CA-patch of Nov. 30th got in that comes together with 'Empire Divided' ?!?
    Would be a life-saver

Cheers !
    Last edited by Celtoi; November 12, 2017 at 11:38 AM.

I really, really dont know..
    My free time currently is almost zero because of RL work.. Imagine that only yesterday I found out details about this and lost my sleep..
    It pains me greatly to see our mod's functionality beeing threatened after so much hard work we put into it.
    My main hope is the ability for one to revert to patch 17 if needed. I found this interesting part in patches FAQ section
    "If you want to avoid this update to keep your mods working or you just want to stay on the version on Total War: ROME II you’ve been playing up until now, follow these steps:

Open Steam and select Total War: Rome II in your library
    Right click Rome II and select properties
    Open the ‘Betas’ tab
    In the drop down menu, select the ‘patch_17’ option
    Steam will download your update and the name of Total War: ROME II on your Steam library will end with [patch_17]"

If this will not work then I am in trouble.. I will need to find the time and energy to fix this mod and I really hope to find it because this mod is not just another project for me (us). It is the playable version of our child dreams when we were playing with toy hoplites or when we were reading Thucididis later on as college students..
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

So, is the mod compatible with the latest patch? Any reports?

hey team,

Simply revert back to patch_17 as Phalangitis suggests and all works perfectly fine.
    I almost had a panic attack when I saw mods were not working with the Empire Divided update but the Patch 17 works.
    I have been playing Hellenika exclusively since Empire Divided launch and it functions as normal.

Hey guys, i have a problem, the mod is fine, BUT the units name are invisible, i dont know what i am recruiting, and my characters names doesnt show up. The only ones are Brasidas and other guys becuase of the vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleistoanacte View Post
    Hey guys, i have a problem, the mod is fine, BUT the units name are invisible, i dont know what i am recruiting, and my characters names doesnt show up. The only ones are Brasidas and other guys becuase of the vanilla.
    Double check your enabled mods on steam launcer.. As far as I am aware this mod is not compatible with others. You might have something enabled causing the issue.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yeah.. never heard of this issue before. Sorry mate

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    Yeah.. never heard of this issue before. Sorry mate
    I think I experienced a similar issue when I had hellenika and another mod enabled at the same time...It was the WOS mod about war for greek freedom.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pleistoanacte View Post
    You need to subscribe in all three parts of Hellenika in order to work not only part 1. Im pretty sure that's what is happened to you. Part 1 only contains the game's mechanics while the other 2 cointain the unit graphics.