Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellenika - Main thread

Default Re: Greeks at War

Stop doble posting and doble trolling....You've been reported once again. A modderator from twcenter removed your post.

Please stop or you will get banned.

You don't know what you are talking about.I posted this for fun.I was looking at the images in this thread and noticed that the spartans looked like zombies as the romans did in a picture i had seen some time ago.I posted it again as the modderator deleted my post without sending me any notification and I wanted to know what I did wrong.I was trying to post something only for fun.Trolling wasnot my intention.Actually if i had more modding knowledge i would help you finish it quicker.
    I have kept an eye on this mod and the Greco-Persian wars mod for some time now and I support these 2 all this time.Every day I come to this page to look for any updates and I am really looking forward for their release and it looks really awful when one of the creators of this mod accuse you for trolling his mod........................It makes me want to stop following this mod because of your accusations
    Btw did you report me????It's better to send a message first and ask the individual's motives instead of reporting him right away

Quote Originally Posted by Polemarchos1 View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about.I posted this for fun.I was looking at the images in this thread and noticed that the spartans looked like zombies as the romans did in a picture i had seen some time ago.I posted it again as the modderator deleted my post without sending me any notification and I wanted to know what I did wrong.I was trying to post something only for fun.Trolling wasnot my intention.Actually if i had more modding knowledge i would help you finish it quicker.
    I have kept an eye on this mod and the Greco-Persian wars mod for some time now and I support these 2 all this time.Every day I come to this page to look for any updates and I am really looking forward for their release and it looks really awful when one of the creators of this mod accuse you for trolling his mod........................It makes me want to stop following this mod because of your accusations
    Btw did you report me????It's better to send a message first and ask the individual's motives instead of reporting him right away
    Its ok it is a big misunderstanding the hole thing!
    Any suggestions are most welcome, but be careful with the jokes, maybe the others dont get as a joke and report you! Just say i am joking, so easy it is!
    i hope that not stop learn about modding!
    I have told you via pm the other things.

Default Re: Greeks at War initial thread

Soon the previews..
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; April 23, 2015 at 11:46 AM.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

-I asked Junaidy to make a specific version of his mod for GaW.He had his hands full but I think we will have something from him.If not his generic mod will be compatible.
    Hey conggrats for the mod itself finally in Hosted Mod, For Greek At War, it will be done sooner or later since i already try to rework AI for each campaign started from standart grand campaign, caesar in gaul, hannibal, and finally Wrath of Sparta which will be Greek of War main theater.

Modding the CAI mostly divided into 3 steps :
    - Core AI regarding defence,attacked,sally,join battle (your mostly day to day AI basic behaviour)
    - AI diplomacy (peace, war, trade,etc,etc) mostly what AI faction use to decide his future
    - Campaign mechanic that created to support AI ranged from cheat to zone of control.

Probably what Greek of War team can fill, is the part of AI Diplomacy for example maybe you want to create a plot where Sparta is Evil villain Faction and Athena the innocent one. This can be reseached if you like. Or if you prefer Vannilla version or Mine its even more faster since i only need copy paste it. So if you want create specific request about how A faction should behave . I can done it. What i cant do, is editing statpost, for example as you may know wrath of sparta consist of 5 personalites :

1. playable_pel_greek
    2. playable_pel_league
    3. playable_pel_naval_state
    4. playable_pel_spartan
    5. playable_pel_spartan_tricky

So lets say pel_league consist of Epirus and Macedonia, what i cant do here is create different personality for Epirus and Macedonia, why ?? Because they are merged into one table_personality "playable_pel_league". The only way to achieve that via editing statpost using assembly kit not PFM. Basicly we create new table instead of writing Vannila original table.

I remember back in Vae Victis , me and Magnar try to attempt the same things, by try giving each faction unique personality, the problem is when the custom faction is ready, Magnar said he already try using Assembly kit and its still fail, the game became crash.

If Greek of War want to reseach what i can do is helping mapping what pel_greak faction consist of what faction , the you can decide what kind of diplomacy or personality you wanted from it.

Working on Attila itself already give my hand full, so i cant realy much help this large project. But i try my best , good luck for this awesome mod
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

Woo-Hoo!! Looks like this Mod plays with the big boys now! Congratz for being in the hosted mod section

Thank you guys =)

Civis

Default Re: Greeks at War - Main thread

this mod looks awesome!!! is there a beta version out or are you going to release one?

We are going to release one soon. We need a couple of weeks more,ok?

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Goal is for tommorow for a preview of the Persian faction (will be quite in depth).

And before the weekend I want to organize the forum.

Welcome all to Hosted section guys..When this poject begun i never thought it would gather around it so many talanted people and get this extent.
    I feel a bit strange now but in a good sense.With all modesty i think we all give our hearts in this and the goal is one
    to create a time machine for the player.
    And i think we are close..

@Junadi
    I have made all Diplomatic AI changes with many goodies as will be presented soon.
    Also i have concluded all campaign mechanisms
    I would LOVE to give each faction a certain CAI personality or change an existing one.For this i am pretty close.Will send you a PM with few questions though since you are also very buzy to get actively involved in this and i can fine tune CAI personalities myself..
    Cheers and thank you publicly for all your support.

At Last! GaW has its proper place in the sun with a hosted mod.

My congratulations to the hard working and gifted modder's who are behind this mod

Only a matter of time now...

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    We are going to release one soon. We need a couple of weeks more,ok?
    I'll help beta testing for sure

LiberalsSuckit's Avatar Laetus

I'm glad I found this. I was hoping the DEI team would pay more attention to WoS, but they mostly ignored it. I can't wait to play this.

Quote Originally Posted by =ANTiKES= View Post
    I'll help beta testing for sure
    Sure the more the better.When we reach BEta Phase i will send an invite.
    (if i forget please remind me again..)

I love the obsessive attention to detail with the units. This is the history lover's mod.

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalsSuckit View Post
    I love the obsessive attention to detail with the units. This is the history lover's mod.
    I dont want to self advertise but to honour countless working hours of the guys responsible for the units i must say you haven't seen nothing yet.
    For a unit to be created we gather any historic resourses or images we can find (Mausolos,Tene,Ioanniskotsis a new addition to research team) and the ratio of armours, helmets, helmet types and even the amount of barefoot soldiers is derived with mathematical calculations and a really long proceadure.
    Before release i will ask M@x1mus to explain what he does and why he has to work alone on Greek VM's to produce this outcome.(Linke us responsible for everything that has to do with Persia)
    Of course though all graphics guys like morfeasnikos , JJpower and Toon provide with many working hours the neccessary and historic accurate models and textures.
    There is also a looong line of direct and indirect contributors that will be listed in detail upon release.
    Forgive Iif I seem to praise our team's work from within but those people have earned my immence respect and i owe it to them to publicly acknowledge their efforts.

P.S. And those above are only happening for units..I havent mentioned what is going on with factions,gameplay and the efforts of bringing every little detail of Thoucididis book into our computers (from the actual numbers of troops for each faction to details like the .renowned incompetence of Spartan siege warefare or the bad cosequences of Athenian democratic governorship to general's qualities and many more .But these are for another time to be mentioned..)
    Last edited by Phalangitis; April 25, 2015 at 03:23 AM.

Keep up the good work guys
    P.S. persian preview???

Thank you polemarchos!
    Persia preview is out!

I read The History of the Peloponnesian War a few months ago so I was pretty thrilled when I came across this the other day. I'd like to recommend another book, The Song of Wrath by J.E. Lendon. It covers the first ten years with a surgical amount of detail. I learned a ton reading Thucydides, but the other book helps you really comprehend, not only what is happening, but why and how it's significant because we obviously don't think the same way as a man who lived 2,416 years ago. Anyway, I can't wait to see more from you guys.