Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Hellenika - Main thread

Default Re: Hellenika - Main thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    Christina do you have Rome 2 patch 17 ?
    For the rest will get back to you soon..

P.S I am so excited to have a girl playing our mod. This is not a sexist comment it is just girls usually dont indulge into strategic games as you do..
    how do i check which patch version that i have? In anycase i dont think i do have 17.. That could possibly be the reason for the weird animations? I will download it and come back to you assap!

Im the only girl? Thats weird XD Plenty of female gamers where i am from Strategy is fun!

Christina1990 -
    1) Wich graphic settings are you playing with? Ultra? Low?
    2) The Steam versions are more than enough to have everything runninig properly. I have all 3 parts of the mod (be sure you got them too) plus the music pack and the custom battles pack (be sure NOT to play the campaign if you have enabled the custom battle pack).
    3) Download this mod for animations it is fully compatible and I use it without any kind of problems at all: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=337564641
    4) Can you post pics of those jumpings and whatever other bug? The music be gone is weird as hell but as I've mentioned, with the steam links there should be no problem at all.
    5) In any case, go to Steam, Library, and right click on Rome II/properties/. There you should verify the caché.

I think when you load Rome 2 vanilla up and in the right corner there is the version number. An other alternative is to check the steam page of the music mod. There were some people that experinced the same problem and solved it. You can found there some other alternatives

About twitching now. Some twiching is unfortunately expected to happen in order to have the Hoplitic formation as in history. YOu see soldiers were tightly packed but with the game engine they struggle to finf their position and get pushed arround. We tried numerous variations but finally we had to choose between 2 options. Visualy accurate formation with some twitching or no twitching and loose formation. Since we are history freaks we chose the historicaly accurate soilution with the downside of some twitching. If you however face severe problems then this could be a bug.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Christina1990 View Post
    how do i check which patch version that i have? In anycase i dont think i do have 17..
    Is your copy ? XD XD XD If so, you'll have trouble with mods.

I managed to patch it through steam But i still prefer to use the mod manager, going to test to see if i made hellenika work now! <3

i can confirm that update 17 did wonders music is now on, and lost graphics are too! Seems the game is ready to go

However.. there is a final issue..

Whenever units clash, the screen freezes for a second, and then continues.. freezes again and continues.. This goes on without stop..

whenever the units are running and not in any combat it seems fine gonna see if its my card doing something weird.

without the mod it seems to go back to normal.. odd :/

The freeze has happened to me as well. Exit and relaunch seemed to cure things.

the thruth is that our graphics are a bit heavy for medium tier rigs. if your system is new thought maybe you should check for new drivers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Is your copy ? XD XD XD If so, you'll have trouble with mods.
    I faced with problems ...

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for this mod, I donīt have time this months to play a full campaign but the few hours I played it are enough to see that this is the best Rome II mod that I have tried.

Music is great, units are great, the battle buttons are great... everything is really polished. Still have to deal with Rome II engine like sea battles but I donīt think you can get any better of this game.
    Impressive work guys.

Thanks mate for sea battle try one tactic that changed my games for ever... MAke your ships pairs and ram together 2 vs one enemy ship. It will sink immediately and you can move to next target. The only think you need to take care is timing and positioning. Too many ships in small area may stuck together so hit, ram, regroup and hit again.

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    I faced with problems ...
    It was that got me to buy TW titles. The game AND mods were worthwhile back then. Not like now. Veteran TW players know what I mean.

Is there a possibility that I might be able to play this mod but with the battle mechanics of DeI?

I have answerd this on the other thread also mate. In any case sorry but this is not possible

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

First, I want to post My thanks for dedication team, for Yours energy, time, and sure hardware to make this very Hellenik game, I love it, but hope I'm not post at wrong place, as I come here cause want to ask a question after reading all Hellenika manual and playing it for around 4 days as Sparta, is it really very hard to gain foods to get all my city to maximum tier of buildings ?

I did not have any significant food problems but in any case i want to say that in Hellenika we have not altered vanilla food requirements or food production buildings. We even added food bonus in a specific edict called "Food and supplies imports".
    As a general rule for food you need ports, and democratic farms. Oligarchic farms (goat herds) do not produce much food. Dont forget to use the edict of food imports thaty gives o considerable food boost in your faction

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

Please accept My apologize, maybe that just because I'm still new understanding the system, in fact, now as Lakeidamonia, I have food surplus for every province I have, My thanks for Your response and bellow, I want to report few thing:

>>> When turn change, the name of My faction enemies still with font white, not red (I remember it must be red).

and I still do not understand with one system, recruit, I have occupy Hellespont province, I know, that is far away from Sparta city, the recruit time is very long time, even can be 10 times more for light hoplite, but not all, archer still need only 1 turn. note: I have royal barrack at the Hellespont province.

but above all, I must say, that I feel really become a Spartan in mind when playing Hellenika.
    there is why>>>>>
    1) I am really think about more land, not for conquer, but for food, herding goat, ooh GOD, Spartan Peoples really need more fertile land for Their herd, to keep Them eating good meat.

2) I become realize, the best unit is heavy hoplite, only heavy hoplite which do make any disappoint in battles.

3) When I have occupy Hellespont province using 4 Admirals, I start thinking if in real, if I become Them, maybe I will claim Hellespont as new country, why I must pay tax to Sparta, They are far away and when They become angry and want to come, let Them come, maybe I have ready with lots of armies, especially lots of archer with big metropolis city, better defences and big and high wall

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleeon View Post
    2) I become realize, the best unit is heavy hoplite, only heavy hoplite which do make any disappoint in battles.
    Play against a light hoplite regiment in a uneven terrain then...you will get rekt.

The recruitment time is very long in some cases for example if yopu have enemy forces in fortified stance or raiding. These stances increase recruit time a lot. To decrease recruit time you need to have many regions , build advanced towns , use the military sfocus edict that lowers time and also you can have a champion deployed in the area that also decreass time. With all those you will see a recruitment time of 3 turns for Spartan troops. Also AOR units will be available in 1 turn.