Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1008

Thread: Hellenika - Main thread

Default Re: Hellenika - Main thread

Max he cannot see names not graphics.

Ah.. So it's a mod conflict most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleistoanacte View Post
    Hey guys, i have a problem, the mod is fine, BUT the units name are invisible, i dont know what i am recruiting, and my characters names doesnt show up. The only ones are Brasidas and other guys becuase of the vanilla.
    Are you playing the game/mod in another language than English?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Will this be updated?

Sadly, it seems they do not plan to update it to function with the current version of the game

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    Sadly, it seems they do not plan to update it to function with the current version of the game
    I think the new updates from CA would make this mod even more amazing. I at least hope they they could make a unit back for WOS I would love to see the late Spartan units for the standard spartan units not to mention the Athenian marines.. so good looking on this mod. I want CA to keep making this game better but I also want CA to stop so Hellenika on a new patch.. life is hard
    Last edited by legio_XX; August 01, 2018 at 12:01 AM.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

I stopped following the new stuff after losing heart for the the possibility of an update due to the amount of work needed and my lack of free time. I was left with the impression that the new stuff were mainly political improvements (which we don't need) and other stuff that don't fit in our time frame. The only thing I would use is the guard button. Do you think the are other stuff possibly useful for Hellenika?

I personally think they intrigue of the politic updates would be useful. How ever the ancestral update coming brought a lot of improvements to the CAI and BAI and diplomacy .

Ships will now no longer beach and now act as Attila ship landing tactics pulling back and making room for other ships. While this is not very realistic this now allows and fixes the problem of fleets sitting in the water and not being able to land due to the beach being full. This now fixes one of the problems of Rome 2 and the staring contest the player would have with the AI until the timer runs out.

The BAI now reacts better then it has ever in field battles and will no longer freeze during siege battles or not use siege equipment. instead they will actively attacked and try to exploit weakness in lines and siege. They also fixed most of the formation problems like pike phalanxes not working the pikes will now shove forward stabbing into the lines also Ai will use the Hoplite wall formation, which is great because I think that this will help Hellenika AI to use phalanx formation more often.

for recruitment the AI will actually make a real army now and is more aggressive they will no longer spam masses of javelins and make use of heavy infantry . I would suggest Phalangitis that when they update comes out on the 9th that you give it a try. There are alot of problems still in rome 2 and Ai problems as well but the ancestral update for me is one of the strongest updates they have made.
    Last edited by legio_XX; August 04, 2018 at 04:31 PM.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

You have a good point. I promise to have a serious look into updating the mod upon my return from vacation around the end of August. I just hope it doesn't take too much work for the update because I don't know how much time I will be able to invest in this endeavor..

Understandable my friend, If the project would be to time consuming for you we will all understand. Im 183 turns into my second play through this time as Sparta. I sadly had to rename my save as the the Lacedaemon empire. Due to having the need for more land to fight the war I plan vs the Persian. I try to follow a rule I set for my self is that I will never move the army of Homoioi unless I have no other alternative. I will also always keep two full stacks in the Peloponnes to protect my self from any revolt that could occur. abroad I rely on Periokoi,Neodamodeis and allied/client hoplites to fill my rosters with a few mora to show spartan presence. I do admit I have started to recruit Spartan late hoplite reserves... but I couldnt help my self. Thank you again for this wonderful mod. I have been reading Gates of fire as well as Pual Cartldge's The Spartans and Song of Wrath The Peloponnesian War Begins by J. E. Lendon. I needed this mod in my life again. So thank you my friend.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I can relate to your experiences with the mod! I also love your attempt to stay true to the history.

Phal we understand RL takes the obvious priority. I have not even updated my rome 2 simply because I am always playing Hellenika when I find the rate time theze says to continue my campaigns... I hope it is not such a complex task to update. It sounds like the improvements CA made will yield considerable improvements to this masterpiece !
    Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    Understandable my friend, If the project would be to time consuming for you we will all understand. Im 183 turns into my second play through this time as Sparta. I sadly had to rename my save as the the Lacedaemon empire. Due to having the need for more land to fight the war I plan vs the Persian. I try to follow a rule I set for my self is that I will never move the army of Homoioi unless I have no other alternative. I will also always keep two full stacks in the Peloponnes to protect my self from any revolt that could occur. abroad I rely on Periokoi,Neodamodeis and allied/client hoplites to fill my rosters with a few mora to show spartan presence. I do admit I have started to recruit Spartan late hoplite reserves... but I couldnt help my self. Thank you again for this wonderful mod. I have been reading Gates of fire as well as Pual Cartldge's The Spartans and Song of Wrath The Peloponnesian War Begins by J. E. Lendon. I needed this mod in my life again. So thank you my friend.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I bow before both of you. I too set some ground rules according to the faction I choose each time.
    Salute fellow history lovers

Hey Phal. I hope you're doing well in Hellas!
    I know you've said you were considering finding a successor to update the mod - Is there any news you can share with us?

Either way we patiently wait for anything that can be offered!

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

True. This mod should be updated.

Hellenika updated to the latest patch. Some bugs remain so it will be a beta until Phalangitis check the mod.
    Check the download thread.

THANK YOU M@X1MUS!!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Very good, M@x!

HURRAY if only I could play it.

A public apology for beeing absend such a long time from all the Hellenica team and forums but I am facing a very demanding time lately in RL. I am bombarded at every department and free time is minimal to zero. Imagine thet this is my first message in TWC for months.
    I hope to find some time for my dearest hobby sometime soon. I really do.
    As for now I will try to take a look in M@x's update work and see if I can make some adjustments (IF needed). I will try to do so in these 2 comming weeks because after that I suspect again a long time away from PC (Ontop my work, my wife delivering shortly our 2nd child so you get an idea what is going to happen..)
    Cheers to all and please be patient with me. I consider Hellenika also to be a child of mine - Of all Hellenika team to be accurate.
    Last edited by Phalangitis; March 03, 2019 at 12:20 PM.

take the time you need Phal!
    We all appreciate everything you can do for us for what I consider the best Rome 2 experience.
    I don't want to play the update until I have my new PC fully built which will be next week.
    I will post any strange encounters if they arise!