Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garrisons Doubled Mod

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Garrisons Doubled Mod

Garrisons Doubled Mod
    This mod doubles the number of units in each city garrison to make settlements harder to take

Download

Find more Magnar Mechanics HERE

Default Re: Garrisons Doubled Mod

I think that might make the ai WRE a bit more solid. It falls apart a bit too soon. Thanks.

Civis

Save game compatible?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by rockman4417 View Post
    Save game compatible?
    yes it should be

The new units appear on the campaign map but not on the battlefield or auto-resolve.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by lordmalcador View Post
    The new units appear on the campaign map but not on the battlefield or auto-resolve.
    Works for me.

They take 1 turn to appear though. So if you are attacked in the first turn you will have vanilla garrisons still

OK, thank you

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    Works for me.

They take 1 turn to appear though. So if you are attacked in the first turn you will have vanilla garrisons still
    1 turn after installing the mod and for all settelements?
    If a new campaign will be started all these guards will be in position?
    My friend can you make a list of guarisson forces in each level of settlements?
    Exept of doubling the number of units inside the cities could you add in this mechanism of yours a quality upgrade of the defenders in each of the cities level as well?
    Here is an example of mine"
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Then my friend please try to make those two steps...Cities with only ruble or limited to 6 units of defenders is more than rediculus.
    That way players will come across greater chalenge against AI and also players will have more chanches to defend against full stack armies.
    IF (i do not have the game yet) the number and quality of defenders follow the Roma II's one then:
    Tier 1 settlement 6 units (3 diferent tier of defenders).
    Tier 2 settlement 8 units (3 diferent tier of defenders but the lowest one must be the 2nd tier of the previus defenders force)
    Tier 3 settlement 9 units (3 diferent tier of defenders but the lowest one must be the 2nd tier of the previus defenders force)
    Tier 4 settlement 10 units (3 diferent tier of defenders but the lowest one must be the 2nd tier of the previus defenders force)

If ports also follow the same logic of Rome II then the 4 tiers of naval bases should add 2,3,4,5 ships in the guarisson.
    That would make a total of 15 units and in major settlements (walled) the 4 units that ussually add the barracks to guarisson plus the governor will give a total of 20 units (a full stack army).
    That way both players and AI wont have to build barracks in each settlement making the managment of food and money production easier contributing to AI factions survival instead of die from hanger even if they create huge empires like it happened in Rome II!
    Is this possible?
    Thank you for your mods that promise to make another unfinished TW game playable!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

When I use this mod add a lot more then what it say a level 2 town has like 24 units???

It was the same for the R2tw version of this mod; With the right buildings in a settlement, one can reach above 10 units in vanilla, and so if you double that....

I remember watching your Rome2 Mod tutorial video about garrison tables. It helped a lot and I was even able to make my own mod for EE based on that.

Thanks a lot for this one as well.

This causes turn crashes on WRE/ERE, disabling it stops the crashes, has happened several times :/

Quote Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
    I think that might make the ai WRE a bit more solid. It falls apart a bit too soon. Thanks.
    I should hope so. Really all I had to do was put a level 2 or even 3 garrison building in a minor settlement. I was beating back full barbarian stacks. But my major? Folded like a wet paper bag.

Kind of a WTF that I can build the garrison in minor but not in majors...

Hey there's a mod idea...

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Yoke View Post
    This causes turn crashes on WRE/ERE, disabling it stops the crashes, has happened several times :/
    probably conflicts with another mod.

Ive used it with both WRE and ERE without issue

Great mod. +rep
    Made my game a lot more fun.

Doubled garrisons does seem a little much though.

this doesnt need to be updated for latest patch right? since the patch don't touch garrisons?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I updated it anyway just in case DLC units were added to garrisons

hey quick question. the mod seems not to work in some cities. in some it does in some it doesn't. is that normal? do I have to start a new campaign for it to really work?

yup new campaign did it. nevermind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast