Thread: Tower Nerf Mod

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Tower Nerf Mod

Tower Nerf Mod

Thiis mod reduces the range for towers from 200m to 150m and halves their damage.

Download

Find more Magnar Mechanics HERE

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Tower Nerf Mod

For smaller settlements I've seen these towers shoot through the whole village. It seemed stupid. You breach one tower and enter the town from this side, but it is useless because the tower on the other side snipes your dudes all the way up into the town center.

TL;DR: I think range should be halved, while damage should stay the same.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    For smaller settlements I've seen these towers shoot through the whole village. It seemed stupid. You breach one tower and enter the town from this side, but it is useless because the tower on the other side snipes your dudes all the way up into the town center.

TL;DR: I think range should be halved, while damage should stay the same.
    range is currently around about the same range as archers

@GODzilla Damage stay the same? Towers seem to not even follow the projectile armour/block chance rules where it insta-kills whatever it hits; its more of a ballista tower than an archer tower.

Thank you for the personally much needed mod Magnar!

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPager View Post
    @GODzilla Damage stay the same? Towers seem to not even follow the projectile armour/block chance rules where it insta-kills whatever it hits; its more of a ballista tower than an archer tower.

Thank you for the personally much needed mod Magnar!
    I just think that towers should be a considerable thread. That's what they are supposed to be. This would make siege equipment that can destroy towers important and you wouldn't just ignore them. If they only kill like 10 men while you're passing them, why should you do anything about them? These men will replenish within one round probably.

But on the other hand they should only block those gates they are supposed to block...and not all the gates in the whole town, no matter which tower. ^^
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

In Vanilla Attila total war the Towers are like ancient machine guns, way too fast firing & their lethal on every shot no matter what.
    Rome2 had it right, the towers had 125 range instead of 200.

I just think that towers should be a considerable thread. That's what they are supposed to be. This would make siege equipment that can destroy towers important and you wouldn't just ignore them. If they only kill like 10 men while you're passing them, why should you do anything about them? These men will replenish within one round probably.

But on the other hand they should only block those gates they are supposed to block...and not all the gates in the whole town, no matter which tower. ^^
    I agree, but even with this nerf they still are a considerable threat. Vanilla it was mowing down your guys at a ridiculous range where even your most heavily armoured units fall in droves to the tower; that doesn't seem right. It still kills and will still have a major impact on the battle so long as you use your defenses properly. Just fight under it (as you should with your defenses) and it will chip away the enemy. Rather than it being representative of say a skirmisher unit with uranium tipped javelins that have 500 missile damage that requires a) Onagers, b) Torches, or c) Capping the point to kill it; where both b and c require a ridiculous amount of casualties regardless of armour/hp values, also kind of tacky bringing Onagers to a rural village assault.
    Last edited by MajorPager; March 01, 2015 at 12:10 AM.

most arrows deal 20 dmg. cant towers be like 4 arrows dealing each 20 dmg firing to other targets? 1 arrow from TOWER feels mehhh.

LEG-IV's Avatar Foederatus

I think you are right on this one.