Thread: Map turn and building mini-mod?

Default Map turn and building mini-mod?

With the campaign being designed specifically for 225 turns it kind of ruins the game for people who prefer to play slowly and yet at the same time want to play a Long Campaign. I have three campaigns on the go right now, all of them short because capturing a province every five turns is not my idea of fun.

So, how about a 1 year=turn mod which also mods the time it takes to construct buildings? Typically doubling the buildtimes maybe?

However, I realise for some people this may be too much for them even if they do enjoy a slow campaign, so what I was thinking was having a factions capital being far more advanced than the rest of their cities. The fact that in every TW game EVERYTHING starts out underdeveloped is just utterly stupid. In RTW Macedon couldn't even train normal Pikemen or cavalry...how was Alexander able to conquer Persia if he didn't have the facilities?

Just throwing the idea out here if anyone wants to try it. I may have a go at it, seems easy enough (simple text editing...), it might just take a very long time.

Default Re: Map turn and building mini-mod?

I am sure someone will be up to it, but I am pretty sure it is hard coded into the .pack files right now.