Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila - DEI combat overhaul - 0.65 (05.06.2015)

Libertus

Default Re: Attila - DEI combat overhaul - 0.2 (26.02.2015)

Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread, but will this mod be compatible with the Fall of the Eagles mod or only with vanilla units?

Yeah, this is excellent so far. Its hard to summarize the changes, but I've yet to find one I didnt like

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Wuktrio View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread, but will this mod be compatible with the Fall of the Eagles mod or only with vanilla units?
    As long as mod does not add any new units, it is compatible will everything

Nerdwing, thanks Long ahead of us is still long, but so far looks promising
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    As long as mod does not add any new units, it is compatible will everything
    So it won't be compatible with Fall of the Eagle since they change the roster of every faction
    But thanks for the answer, I will definitely check it out later today!

Is this mod based on DeI combat or on your experimental battle pack for DeI?

When are you going to change fatigue? It's a big game killer for me right now. You pull a unit from a fight and boom, it's fresh!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by eferos93 View Post
    Is this mod based on DeI combat or on your experimental battle pack for DeI?
    On experimental pack as stated in description.

Best2nd, probably today or next week, so far in that matter I only decreased fatigue penalties as AI was very tired before it reached my lines and all units were exhausted after few seconds in combat. If you want it changed ad hoc, go into kv_fatigue_tables and decrease negative values for standing idle, walking, etc or whatever they are called.

Grimaldus's Avatar Libertus

Thank you.

Patrician

Next update will be released tomorrow

What it will include?

-rebalanced stats and costs for Nordic nations
    -pikes taken out of game (need someone who will take them out also from startpos.esf)
    -new deployment zones thanks to Sheridan
    -fatigue system further rebalanced
    -minor tweaks to formations

Now I need a help from two persons, first one that knows how to edit pikes out of campaign starting armies and second person that will remove completly upgrade system in favour of classic recruitment

Bonus P.S. I would like also someone to change merc stats to correspond with already rebalanced units. I won't have my modding PC until Monday, starting tomorrow, hence it wouldbe nice is someone would do that job for me ; P Merc units get +1 melee attack, +2 melee def and -5 morale. Their upkeep should be doubled compared to regular units while hireing cost half of recruitment of regular unit.

Bonus link after trying new GEM

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by KAM 2150; February 26, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

In general are missiles more or less damaging in this mod KAM?

Also I have some extra units packs installed, but I don't see any conflict messages on my mod manager.
    Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; February 26, 2015 at 05:51 PM.

Patrician

Still in the tweaking process, but not machinegun grade as in vanilla. Of course you can get some descent kills with ranged units. And as always, test for yourself, after all file is less then one mb ; P

I'm curious, what does new deployment zones mean? Sounds intriguing...

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Next update will be released tomorrow

What it will include?

-rebalanced stats and costs for Nordic nations
    -pikes taken out of game (need someone who will take them out also from startpos.esf)
    -fatigue system further rebalanced
    -minor tweaks to formations

Now I need a help from two persons, first one that knows how to edit pikes out of campaign starting armies and second person that will remove completly upgrade system in favour of classic recruitment

Bonus P.S. I would like also someone to change merc stats to correspond with already rebalanced units. I won't have my modding PC until Monday, starting tomorrow, hence it wouldbe nice is someone would do that job for me ; P Merc units get +1 melee attack, +2 melee def and -5 morale. Their upkeep should be doubled compared to regular units while hireing cost half of recruitment of regular unit.

Bonus link after trying new GEM

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Here you are!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9a...kam_mercs.pack

Patrician

Closer deployment zones. They a bit help with they AI so it more often moves forward instead of shifting units from left to right for no reason and does not move it's units entire formation into odd angle.

Some might say that it limits pre battle skirmish and some tactics, but you can always move your units a bir further back and get the same result, while without closer deployment zones you could not put your units closer the the enemy.

Plus it also decreased the time before both armies meet, which also lowers AI fatigue usage before combat even starts (as AI loves to run through half the map for no good reason). Good thing that I tweaked fatigue, without it AI units were already on very tired state without even starting proper combat!

EDIT: THANKS Black9, I will add it tomorrow to the pack Would you like the job of a merc balance guy until we get it sorted out?

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Closer deployment zones. They a bit help with they AI so it more often moves forward instead of shifting units from left to right for no reason and does not move it's units entire formation into odd angle.

Some might say that it limits pre battle skirmish and some tactics, but you can always move your units a bir further back and get the same result, while without closer deployment zones you could not put your units closer the the enemy.

Plus it also decreased the time before both armies meet, which also lowers AI fatigue usage before combat even starts (as AI loves to run through half the map for no good reason). Good thing that I tweaked fatigue, without it AI units were already on very tired state without even starting proper combat!

EDIT: THANKS Black9, I will add it tomorrow to the pack Would you like the job of a merc balance guy until we get it sorted out?
    Haha, if it's all copy/pasting like that was, then yeah I can do that

VERY impressive mod KAM, lovely watching combat again just like in DeI! Unit balance is still a bit wacky (my $1200 Palatina guards barely losing to a $2720 Saxon Bodyguard) but I know its very early on in the project. Keep up the great work! +rep.

EDIT: One nitpick though, I had a separate mod that nerfed tower's damage but now they seem to be back to their old evil destroyer-of-world's selves. Did you change towers in any way?

EDIT 2: Tested it with the mod on and off in custom and campaign as Sassanids. Took Edessa, enemy garrison killed 213 towers about 650. They one hit killed every unit I tested with them. Plz nerf
    Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; February 26, 2015 at 08:37 PM.

Patrician

Yes, the cost are ONLY balanced for natio nations that are finished, I increased the cost for all other units based on their upkeep to mach at least for now most of my prices, but like you wrote, there are units that now cost way too much.

I changed the damage of towers , but haven't tested them, they only had regular nerf bat that all missile weapons got

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    enemy garrison killed 213 towers about 650. They one hit killed every unit I tested with them. Plz nerf
    DEI makes battles longer as i sure you know, If the Towers are shooting for 10-15 mins I think they should kill many but 650 is high unless you are able to defend every tower.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey30 View Post
    DEI makes battles longer as i sure you know, If the Towers are shooting for 10-15 mins I think they should kill many but 650 is high unless you are able to defend every tower.
    I mean it is a decent town or city you're usually attacking, it wouldn't be completely out of the question to say you could find a decent 15-20 archers in that town and man them in the towers, that would produce a pretty high rate of fire depending on the skill of the archers inside

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    I mean it is a decent town or city you're usually attacking, it wouldn't be completely out of the question to say you could find a decent 15-20 archers in that town and man them in the towers, that would produce a pretty high rate of fire depending on the skill of the archers inside
    I understand that towers can/should have a high rate of fire, but they might as well have M1 garands instead of bows with their missiles piercing all kinds of armor and their insane range.

@whiskey It routed a full strength 80 man savaran cataphract in about 48 seconds .