Thread: [Mod Request] A mod that edits the chances of killmoves happening

Dath1's Avatar Civis

Default [Mod Request] A mod that edits the chances of killmoves happening

I'm getting tired of the "soldier pokes sword in air, another soldier 4 yards away dies from divine intervention".. The best solution would be for CA to implement short kill animations, but for now I'd like a mod to make the 1v1 kill animations be at least 30-40%. Anyone know how to do that?

"I Came, I Saw, I Conquered." - Gaius Julius Caesar.

satyrus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Mod Request] A mod that edits the chances of killmoves happening

you must change this

Isit just these 4 lines underneath in kvrules I need to edit to makekill moves happen more often.
    Wantto do it for attilla.

Vanillatable stats
    melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage...... 5
    melee_formed_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage....... 10
    melee_secondary_attack_probability...... 1
    melee_matched_combat_percentage...... 40

Quote Originally Posted by SoTAL View Post
    I'm getting tired of the "soldier pokes sword in air, another soldier 4 yards away dies from divine intervention".. The best solution would be for CA to implement short kill animations, but for now I'd like a mod to make the 1v1 kill animations be at least 30-40%. Anyone know how to do that?

Dath1's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by satyrus View Post
    you must change this

Isit just these 4 lines underneath in kvrules I need to edit to makekill moves happen more often.
    Wantto do it for attilla.

Vanillatable stats
    melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage...... 5
    melee_formed_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage....... 10
    melee_secondary_attack_probability...... 1
    melee_matched_combat_percentage...... 40

What do the different lines mean exactly? I've got a vague idea but don't wanna edit stuff randomly.

"I Came, I Saw, I Conquered." - Gaius Julius Caesar.

satyrus's Avatar Civis

Hello i have this info from steam but not know where you must change all to 100 accept melee_secondary_attack_probability...... 1 this to 0

Second, I notice alot of poke death. Would really love a move killmove mod

I agree, we need a mod for this

Yea that whole heart attack death during battles has really been irritating and somewhat immersion breaking. it's bad enough that the units apparently have bodies entirely devoid of blood, but now they also seem to have magical swords that can kill from a distance??

Anybody tired the edit above?

i changed melee_secondary_attack_probability...... 1 to 0 but not effect in the game.i think this problem is in annimation part in data.pack file because i changed kv_rules_table like rome 2 but not effect in game play.

I've seen many mods like this in rome 2, hopfully one of them can get one working for attila

I think removed the heart attacks by setting the following values to 100 (sometimes there are still people falling like stones, but it is very uncommon now)

melee_formed_charge_matched_combat_percentage
    melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage
    melee_formed_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage
    melee_matched_combat_percentage

and

melee_secondary_attack_probability to 0

i edited my kv_rules but i don't know how to delete rows so that this is compatible with other mods who are changing the kv_rules..... but for everyone who is not using any other that changes the kv_rules her you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq3brfw2c6...acks.pack?dl=0

mods wich edit the kv_rules: Radious Total War Mod and most of the battle mods
    So this mod is not compatible with this mods.

Copy the "No_heart_attacks.pack" file in your "steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data" folder and it should work

If someone is more gifted with the pack file manager feel free to make this small change compatible with other mods that change the kv_rules.

Ok i made a new thread with a new version of this mod wich should be compatible.

have fun

whoa thanks!

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

How does this affect balancing of units?

The same mod in Rome 2 did affect balance, high-tier units got worse?
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

I don't know possible

your mod is very good but 2 to 1 or 3to 1 or 5 to 1 match combat exist yet.i love 1 to 1 match combat like rome 2 when changed melee_secondary_attack_probability...... 1 to 0.