Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Jin-'s reduced campaign movement range

Default Re: [MOD] Jin-'s reduced campaign movement range

Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    Thanks a lot m8, well done! Question: How this mod work togheter with Dresden's "more meaningful season"?
    Should work fine when you load it before with .Mitch's mod manager. I'm using Dresden's also.
    Please report back if you find conflicts

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

A hint to everyone who wants to use the mod: Only AFTER playing the prologue. The prologue has some forced encounters that need to happen, but with the mod applied stacks don't meet on the map which ends in infinite turn loading.

Once I disabled the mod everything worked fine. Going to re-enable when I start my campaign. ^^
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Erik Hammarstrom's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    A hint to everyone who wants to use the mod: Only AFTER playing the prologue. The prologue has some forced encounters that need to happen, but with the mod applied stacks don't meet on the map which ends in infinite turn loading.

Once I disabled the mod everything worked fine. Going to re-enable when I start my campaign. ^^
    Thanks for the info. I never play tutorial things so i would not know. I add it to OP.

I'm using 1.0 and now my fleet won't leave port, currently playing as Geats. The city is Alabu I think that's what it's called, the city to the left of the starting city. It won't move at all.

Edit, ok I raised another fleet, now none have any movement points at all, I can't leave port. I'm using these mods
    Submod_Radious_units_vanilla_upkeep -15 conflicts
    Submod_radious_fame_vanilla- 1 conflict
    radious_total_units_mod 14 conflicts
    radious_total_war_mod 2 conflicts
    Jin_recudemovement No conflicts

Any idea's?

Hi Nutroll!

I tested the campaign as Geats. When there was bad winter my army could not move in area of the Alabu. With forced march he could move, but at the cost of units getting tired
    But when the next winter came i could move again, because this current winter was not so bad weather wise.

- Check if it was indeed bad winter, because this is intended. Forced march is a good choice. Double time for ships or double sails it was?
    - New army can't move at that turn when it is recruited
    - Load my mod first with .Mitch's mod manager
    - Disable other mods and see if it works
    - Disable my mod and see if it works

Thanks, report any issues back.
    I probably do less winter heavy update when today comes the patch and new units.
    Last edited by Jin-; February 25, 2015 at 10:00 PM.

Hello Jin,

Hello, yeah I saved my game and went through turn after turn(all seasons), still none of my navies have movement points, even the navies I just raised. It already tried disabling all other mods, put ur mod in last & first order, nothing works. I tried all stances already, they won't move at all. It looks like the navies are stuck in the city boundary area, I can move just inside it but it never let's be move away even though it shows no movement points for my navies in the tooltip. I tried to disable all mods and it still does this. I had no problem with the beta mods though. I think this might be a mod conflict or just my game.

Beta mod by which I mean ur first version.

I think this campaign run is kaput, I'll have to start over, and it was going soo good. I tested it with a new game and now it's seems fine, but I'm not convinced it won't do it again. With the official patch coming out tomorrow I think it'll be best to wait then start again, so modders can update their mods. I refuse to use the Radious reduce movement submod because it's only -20% movement, it's till too far. Will this mod run problems with Radious extra units submod, because Radious reduced movement submod was updated to work with the extra units?

Ohh I forgot, do army transports and real navy vessels have the same movement range in water? Because I believe navies should have maybe (+15%)-(+20%) movement range over transports but still less than vanilla. I like to keep my navies close to and in range of transports but still have enough movement range to scout ahead and intercept any enemy vessels. Ty

Hi,
    Sad to see you still having those problems. If it is happening also without the mod i suggest you try to verify your game files and then restart the computer.

I never encountered that, so i did not know about it. Beta version does not use seasonal negative % on movement. So the bug might be on that seasonal thing also.

Transports use land unit movement values. Naval armies use only seasonal negative % movement because the value editing is bugged and causes the game crash.
    I did not know that Radious made extra unit submod except the 1 additional unit, last time i checked was 2 days ago

About the upcoming update i try to update this + make Radious unit mod version aswell. Expect it tomorrow morning. I report if i can't get it done in those time frames. If it is easy work its done today.
    I also check that Radious reduced movement, there might be something i did not know so i might be able to improve this.

If possible can you upload your save file for me? The bugged one so i can see how it is in game?

EDIT: Nevermind, that - 20% movement mod is similar like my beta version. Editing unit values.
    Last edited by Jin-; February 26, 2015 at 12:42 AM.

Alright, where are saves located, and ur email, I'll send it to you.

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\save_games

Can you attach the save file to your reply?

Ok, how do I attach? lol

Tried it. With and without this mod. They still won't move even after disabling this mod and everything else returns normal. It seems that the ships are bugged in the town "free movement" area and cannot leave from it. Happened also in that other port city in the middle. Similar to city sides you can move without using movement points.
    Might be some bug in the game. Don't think its because of this mod, but i still don't drop it out of the question

Libertus

I have the feeling that the reduced campaign movement stops the AI from attacking
    One of my armies is besieging Antiochia and there are multiple Sassanid armies only one or two regions away, but with your mod enabled they don't attack, not even after several turns. However, if I turn your mod of I get attacked by multiple armies within one or two turns. Could it be that the AI doesn't attack me because they can't reach me within one turn, but your mod takes away movement range and the AI gets tricked into thinking that they will have full movement range next turn?

Kind regards

Very possible. If it is right then AI is even more stupid than it already is. It should know how much points it have left and not check new values as half bar.
    I don't recall this happening in Rome II. CAI is bad anyway in Attila, it only chases player and ignores other factions.

I guess i have to increase movement points again. Maybe 15% more. It sucks, but maybe it helps.
    Last edited by Jin-; February 26, 2015 at 09:57 AM.

1.1 version released + added optional file for Radious unit mod support for those who want to use it. Please use only one!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast