Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [MOD] Jin-'s reduced campaign movement range

Default Re: [MOD] Jin-'s reduced campaign movement range

Quote Originally Posted by m-m-n View Post
    can you please guide me or tell me what you've change, so i can decrease the movement further like to the level of your first release.
    Are you sure? It brings AI issues, like AI being totally passive. Tell me if you still wan't and i guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by ashmizen View Post
    I tried it the other night, being very excited with the concept - no more city-to-city hopping, more battle outside.

However, it just wasn't fun to play (as a horde). There was a few issues -
    1. Movement is really screwed up with all the rivers, huge city zone of controls. Those end up making limited movement even slower, because it "chunks" movement, requiring a set amount of movement to cross one of these, and with the tiny movement pools, it slows it down. Going from one city to another can often take 3, 4, 5 turns, due to a river or a the influence area of the city.
    Personally i use decreased zone controls by Magnar. Rivers are supposed to eat a lot, use force march to get over them.

2. Further compounding this is that weather being totally random. I'm not sure why a "bad" summer is reducing movement in, say, England or Germany. It doesn't make any logical sense - was it so hot England became a desert? An army shouldn't travel actually slower unless there is snowfall during the winter (ie, bad or normal winter in the north), or desert like conditions (bad summer in the south). Most of the time in real life, I'd imagine armies travel mostly the same speed, regardless of weather. All this unrealistic fluctuation in movement makes the problems in 1 even worse. Sure, bad weather can reduce movement, but it should be rare, and not the majority of the time.
    Well about summer. It is only -10% anyway when its bad. But how i think it is that there might be rainy season or something. At spring there was left lot of unmelted snow etc... And bad weather is not all the time. There is 3 weather levels you can get and i don't know how game picks them. But it is Good, Normal and Bad.

3. Hordes mechanics are not balanced for this slow movement. I tried playing a horde and quickly discovered it was extremely unbalanced.
    - in the 5 turns to reach one city from another, Horde integrity has basically disintegrated to nothing. Horde integrity is balanced on them sacking and winning battles often, which is not possible with the slow movement. Even with my horde moving as fast as it can from city to city, winning each battle, my integrity is going down down down, and I have to keep decimating. It doesn't make sense, because I'm moving as fast as I can from victory to victory, why is army integrity falling? Remember, horde buildings give negative integrity, with the idea that you can sack and win battles every turn (or at least every other turn), giving +10 integrity. In vanilla I had max integrity without even paying attention to it, while now it's impossible to keep it up.
    - hordes are balanced around sacking every turn or every other turn. While other faction's incomes are not reduced from slower movement, the horde's income from sacking is reduced by 75% or more.
    - The need for hordes to encamp with the remaining 25% movement every turn to actually build anything means that hordes move EVEN SLOWER. Almost at zero speed. Either that, or lose the ability to build at all (which will again greatly reduce horde income)
    I tested this with both Goth factions on Legendary level and both times never had a trouble with integrity or movement. I balance my movement with normal stance, forced when its safe and raiding when i'm not planning on moving far. Hordes are already way too easy and giving them extra benefits would make them even more easy. When it is winter you are supposed to camp and wait it go. Hordes have all their families and carts with them so they are supposed to move slower, however i did leave their movement to be exactly same as other factions. On both times my integrity was maxed on both stacks.

Sure, making the WRE last longer makes sense, but having hordes rapidly lose integrity because of how long it takes to travel? I feel like the modder probably never tried playing the Vandels, because it is just painful to play.

I suggest -

1. give hordes a big integrity boost, or make the +10 integrity from winning a battle last 4 turns.

2. Also, hordes should probably be given an income boost (increased wealth to their "main" building" chain, perhaps a flat +300 to all levels) to compensate for the slower speed of this mod.
    Either that, or make sacking/razing/looting give x4 vanilla values, since it takes four times longer to go and sack a city.

I haven't tried non-hordes, although I imagine it would be easier to play WRE and ERE (maybe too easy?), and might work well for playing barbarian factions (slow their expansion a bit, let you play the game at a slower pace).
    Unrelated to this mod, i'm sure there is some optional mods which makes game easier that you can use with this mod.

1. I don't see the point of giving it because they don't really need it. Sack cities always when you can, raid provinces and rest at winter. Integrity stays at top this way.
    2. With horde i always have like 30k money what i can't spend because the gain is so huge.
    3. No it won't make WRE/ERE too easy. Tested both of them, very hard.

Jin, is it playable with Radius and new units now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    Are you sure? It brings AI issues, like AI being totally passive. Tell me if you still wan't and i guide you.
    I would love that, i understand the issue that everyone seem to be mentioning but i never notice it , and i rather that than seen the AI or myself been able to jump all over the campaign map. it kills the challenge for me. I do appreciate the response, thank you for your hard work and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shtuka View Post
    Jin, is it playable with Radius and new units now?
    Not with the new updated Radious units. I only have file for the older version where was 24 new units, not 40. I had no time today to update it. Currently there is only vanilla version available for no unit mods. I try to get it tomorrow. Also Fall of the Eagles when it is updated.

Quote Originally Posted by m-m-n View Post
    I would love that, i understand the issue that everyone seem to be mentioning but i never notice it , and i rather that than seen the AI or myself been able to jump all over the campaign map. it kills the challenge for me. I do appreciate the response, thank you for your hard work and time.
    Yeah I never really had that issue either. But decided to go this route if people had really problems. I'm not planning to maintain 2 different files because of it is painful work to keep every unit/new unit updated. I send you a pm tonight or tomorrow how to do it.

I'm not planning to maintain 2 different files because of it is painful work to keep every unit/new unit updated. I send you a pm tonight or tomorrow how to do it.
    If possible, send me a copy please. I would like to edit it too.
    So looks like you planning to support only Fall of the Eagles version of your mod, am I right?

Not with the new updated Radious units. I only have file for the older version where was 24 new units, not 40. I had no time today to update it. Currently there is only vanilla version available for no unit mods. I try to get it tomorrow. Also Fall of the Eagles when it is updated.

Yeah I never really had that issue either. But decided to go this route if people had really problems. I'm not planning to maintain 2 different files because of it is painful work to keep every unit/new unit updated. I send you a pm tonight or tomorrow how to do it.
    thank you very much i really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shtuka View Post
    If possible, send me a copy please. I would like to edit it too.
    So looks like you planning to support only Fall of the Eagles version of your mod, am I right?
    Yes, only Fall of the Eagles support. Why? While i appreciate what Radious does, but i don't usually like his unit mods, because then i need to use his combat mod and i don't like it at all. I prefer that Constantine/DeI/Eagles unit style, historical.

Sent you the file link with PM.

Yes, only Fall of the Eagles support. Why? While i appreciate what Radious does, but i don't usually like his unit mods, because then i need to use his combat mod and i don't like it at all. I prefer that Constantine/DeI/Eagles unit style, historical.

Sent you the file link with PM.
    Thank you for answering.
    Yeah, DEI was an epic revolution in modding, best overhaul ever. Almost everything was perfect, battle system, balance, unit disign and such. But I do not like Constantine, it was an epic fail, so personally I do not hope that Eagles will be a good one. Anyway I tried early version of Eagles - campaign is broken, unit design is cheap and shame, and KAM's battle system much more better. So what did you find in Fall of the Eagles except the hope?

What i mean is i like how they wan't their mod to be. Because i like to play mod like that, without DeI there is no Rome II for me. I know Eagles is not DeI, but unit/campaign small overhaul is enough for me because i change combat system anyway, i use it mainly for unit overhaul. Will be using KAM's combat overhaul once it is balanced enough, current one is no go for me.

Made a FOTE version. Optional.

@m-m-n

Check your PM.

Hey, langobards and fall of the eagle editions are separate, but i guess the FOTE version contains the update to the DLC too? I have the DLC, and want to try FOTE, so i should get the FOTE one, am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by gregnaar View Post
    Hey, langobards and fall of the eagle editions are separate, but i guess the FOTE version contains the update to the DLC too? I have the DLC, and want to try FOTE, so i should get the FOTE one, am i right?
    Yes. FOTE version includes all what vanilla version of the mod has.

Good, thanks for the answer and the mod!

Hi Jin , will you update this mod for latest patch ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Iska View Post
    Hi, been a month since i played. You still need it? I did uninstall game already and can't access the data files.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Iska View Post
    U can use Magnar's version mod. His mod much more better and no needs an updates.

yes I found Magnar version, thank you for replies guys.

I can't find any other mods that do just that: reduce campaign movement. so do you guys know any?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234