Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early upgradeable cavalry bodyguard alternative (for roman & germanic, & celtc factions)

Default Re: Early upgradeable cavalry bodyguard alternative (for roman & germanic, & celtc factions)

Wow, that's really weird. Do you use any other mods? Maybe unit mods that replace units?

Anyone else with this problem?

Default Re: Early upgradeable cavalry bodyguard alternative (for roman & germanic, & celtc factions)

Is this mod still around? All the links lead to a file upload page, no download.

same problem for me

Updated - I have only the non-upgradeable versions left

Updated -
    I have only the non-upgradeable versions
    Possibly no alternative for Celtic factions yet - can somebody test this?

I am having a weird problem. When I use the new cavalry bodyguard for the WRE, the unit is there and words fine, but the general is on the same horse as another soldier. Or rather, the general character is two different characters inside each other. It looks weird, with one face busting out of the general's face, and the regular soldiers plume sticking out of the generals helmet. The foul beast even has four arms and both a spear and a sword :p Any way to fix this? Other than that, great mod!

Woooww!! Never heard of that before... damn! Maybe I should just remove this mod. Apparently it has some inbreeding effect!

Quote Originally Posted by Frithjof88 View Post
    I am having a weird problem. When I use the new cavalry bodyguard for the WRE, the unit is there and words fine, but the general is on the same horse as another soldier. Or rather, the general character is two different characters inside each other. It looks weird, with one face busting out of the general's face, and the regular soldiers plume sticking out of the generals helmet. The foul beast even has four arms and both a spear and a sword :p Any way to fix this? Other than that, great mod!
    I'm having the same issue with my Saxon Horse Lords General unit. Most of the units have two characters sitting on the horse. At first I though it was just the faces (Looked like two helmets on top of one another) but after reading this comment and rechecking there is two character models sitting on top of one another.

The only other mod that I have running that affects character models is the Saxon Overhaul mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...aul&p=14403198). I am however using the mod manager application and it doesn't say there are any conflicts for either of these mods.

The mod itself is great, don't know why they left this out of the game. Would be awesome if we could get a solution to this problem though? I have zero experience creating mods so I wouldn't even know where to start with fixing this issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have made some changes and uploaded the files in the first thread. Should be save game compatible. Let me know the results
    For me it works. Probably it did not work because of some other mods you are using. Could be solved with the latest edit.
    Last edited by Viking1978; April 19, 2015 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1978 View Post
    I have made some changes and uploaded the files in the first thread. Should be save game compatible. Let me know the results
    For me it works. Probably it did not work because of some other mods you are using. Could be solved with the latest edit.
    Works perfectly now, thanks for the update!

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1978 View Post
    Updated -
    I have only the non-upgradeable versions
    Possibly no alternative for Celtic factions yet - can somebody test this?
    I'm having issues as the Picts. I think I started the game with an older version, "0Bodyguard_early_cav_alt.pack", but then saw you updated so I switched to the current v1. I no longer have an option to choose which bodyguard to use, both when starting a new army and when replacing a general. A general who I had set up with a cavalry bodyguard before now seems to get reassigned back with just infantry. And I can't switch back to the other version of the mod because the game crashes if I remove the new one. :/

FYI, the Celts only seem to get one type of melee cavalry, Mormaer Cavalry, which requires a Warriors Encampent as a horde, or either a Cattle Pound or a Livestock Herd to make.
    Oh not true, the Ebdanians also get a unit called King's Fianna... which would make a great bodyguard-only unit for all the Celts if you wanted to got that route.

Try the latest update and let me know the results. I don't know if it can still help with your current game, Mazdek, but you can try. I just updated with Celtic Mormaer cavalry bodyguards.
    Last edited by Viking1978; April 25, 2015 at 05:46 AM.

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

Worked great! I tested replacing a general and hiring a brand new one, both gave me the option of choosing the Mormaer cavalry. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mazdek; April 24, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

When selecting a bodyguard unit for the Celts, the three choices are stacked on top of each other so you can only see the top part of the helmet of the bottom choice. Its still selectable and the hovertext gives its name, so its not broken. It would just look better if they could all be in a line horizontally.

Also, the name and hovertext are missing for the middle option, the Mormaer cavalry. One can still choose that, but it could be confusing to someone who didn't know what they were.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Thanks for the awesome mod, it is surely deserves to be more popular.
    As it does some more improvement as well.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Awesome stuff! Are you going to upload it to the workshop?
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Yup, one of these days...

Released on Steam

EDIT: Never mind!

Thanks for the mod, i always found weird not having cavalry bodyguards as the Romans early on.
    Last edited by removeduser_45762834756; September 13, 2015 at 02:54 PM.

1.Spear's Avatar Civis
    Teutoburge Forest is right around the corner

Please update this mod!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast