View Poll Results: Pick me a painting for my room!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • White Trees & Snowing

2 25.00%
  • World Map

1 12.50%
  • Snow Leopard

1 12.50%
  • Another Snow Leopard

1 12.50%
  • Other (Please specify)

3 37.50%

Thread: Pick me a painting for my room!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Pick me a painting for my room!

I have spent 3 days trying to find a suitable painting (style & color) for my ugly room, after giving up war paintings I originally intended because nobody is selling them at acceptable price.

Following is the candidates I narrowed down after some nice guy on reddit help me. Please take a look and give me recommendation!

Spoiler for White Trees & Snowing

This one also glows in the dark which might look cool.

Spoiler for World Map

Spoiler for Snow Leopard

Spoiler for Another Snow Leopard

or

Other painting recommendations are welcome! I no longer have any preference but it has to be big enough to look majestic in the room (1.2m - 1.8m wide).

PS: cannot change the damask on the wall. I know it'd fix all my problems
    Last edited by AqD; February 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Pick me a painting for my room!

You should definitely go with the fourth option, the last one, i.e. "another snow leopard." It looks like it's about to jump right out of the painting and pounce on you, eating you alive and tearing through flesh and bone in your own bedroom! Seriously, though, it's the best one.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

With the World map it looks like some secret government bunker office.
    Has signatures turned off.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Where is the poll to decide this?

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Where is the poll to decide this?
    made it! Please vote!

@Roma_Victrix: Is the color odd? I'm worried because all my previous candidates look rather odd once I put them on the photo of my room.... It doesn't eat humans however, more like a guardian of my room! And its blue eyes are like those of white walkers!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Are they supposed to be in pieces? Because the last one would probably look nicer in one piece, without the eye being split and all that. The other three look pretty neet in 3/5 pieces, I'd go for either option 3 or 4 unless you're plotting world domiation, in that case you'd have to go for the world map.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Other. Find a reprint of a classic piece of art. For example we have two picasso prints in black frames in a black and silver room that look great:

http://www.easyart.com/prints/pablo-...15108::media:0

or these:

http://www.allposters.co.uk/-st/Bull...rs_c84560_.htm

but we also have Winslow Homer, Jean-Honore Fragonard, and John Singer Sergeant prints too, any really good piece of art will always provide more interest for much longer in my opinion anyway. It will probably cost more to get framed properly but you'll keep it much longer so be better value.

The Picasso monochromes would look good on that wall though, bold and simple.

i picked 'Other' because i prefer to hang actual paintings than photographs although i do love photography. if i was limited to your choices i'd pick the snowy forest because it's calming and because of the glow in the dark you mentioned.

i'm a huge fan of impressionism and post-impressionism, so here are some examples of what i'd hang. artists include: Monet, Van Gogh, Degas, Manet, Pissarro, Renoir, Foucalt, Gauguin, Seurat, Angrand.

beware slow internet connections:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Are they supposed to be in pieces? Because the last one would probably look nicer in one piece, without the eye being split and all that. The other three look pretty neet in 3/5 pieces, I'd go for either option 3 or 4 unless you're plotting world domiation, in that case you'd have to go for the world map.
    Yes for the ease of hanging and transportation I suppose. They could be merged to look like one.

@Ybbon: Thx! I'll see if I can find cheaper and larger ones.

@snuggans: the problem is color. Real paintings are far too saturated for my room and I haven't yet found a seller offering the same cheap price with wide black frame/border that would fix the problem (as you can see most of the canvas from amazon are border-less, backed by simple & very light wood), that's why I have so few candidates now and none of them are what I originally wanted. The pictures themselves have to fit nicely with my terrible blue-ish damask :/
    Last edited by AqD; February 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

If it doesn't have white men dressed in black, it ain't right.
    Miss me yet?