Thread: Major ctd issue

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Major ctd issue

Apologies for starting a new thread, for some reason the ctd and bug thread has been locked.
    All battles crash my game on the loading screen. The log just says "sorry not sure what's going on closing now" or a similar colloquial message. It affects custom battles and campaign battles.
    any suggestions?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Major ctd issue

That's not of great help. Go to your IB II Conquestus Britanniae Folder and open the Configuration.cfg file, then see if this line is written this way "level = * trace". With this command the error log will be full of the game commands and any errors identified. More than that I can't help. Upload your error log when ready.

Cheers

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I feel slightly dumb... I inadvertently installed another mod's patch incorrectly and it overwrote some files in the base game's Data folder. Terribly sorry for the trouble. Having a blast as the WRE now, enjoying immensely.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

I am glad you solved your problemo, good luck with your campaign.

Cheers