Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belisarius DLC?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Belisarius DLC?

Saw this by one of the Attila artists on Facebook:

I find it funny how their concept art is more historically accurate than the game itself. The only immediate inaccurate things I see are the horse chamfron, which is 2nd century AD, the leather lamellar, and the stirrups, which don't first appear until 558.

Still, I'm thinking this is going to be their next DLC.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Default Re: Belisarius DLC?

This concept art is in the loading screens. I wouldn't be surprised, as Hannibal had his own concept art before HatG was released and they did more.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius can you link his facebook page please ?

I wish people would refrain from talking about DLC when the game just released. If anything, we should be hoping for new features in future updates not just content DLC.

I am 95% sure we will see this or a Rome : Resurrection DLC.

I am still also hoping for a Danelaw, Historia Brittonum (with Arthur) and may be even a Rise of France DLC.

How do we know that the pic is about Bellie? Anyway, imo it's not very probable that there'll be a DLC concerning him and the rest of Justinianus campaigns. They are simply not known enough to worth the effort. Not that I wouldn't enjoy them, personally, but don't think CA is going to invest in such an "obscure" campaign. In fact, I don't think there's gonna be any other Campaign DLC apart from Arthur.

Belisarius and Justinian are not known enough?!!! Is that meant to be a joke?
    Last edited by prithupaul; February 21, 2015 at 10:52 AM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Hope we get Arthur instead. I world prefer Justinians Empire, one of my favorite eras as a mod rather.

Also could you give the artists name?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

My friend Magister i doupt that the next DLC will have Belisarius as main theme.
    I strongly believe that the the Saxon and Angles invasions in Britania will go next.
    The work for the new map will be minimal and the Rome II celtish textures/models can provide that era celts too!
    Also that DLC will attract anglosaxon origin players.
    More money with less efforts.
    In the future a DLC "Belisarius on Italy" could be released to re-new the players interest for Eastern Romans that are presented in this game so inaccurate!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    My friend Magister i doupt that the next DLC will have Belisarius as main theme.
    I strongly believe that the the Saxon and Angles invasions in Britania will go next.
    The work for the new map will be minimal and the Rome II celtish textures/models can provide that era celts too!
    Also that DLC will attract anglosaxon origin players.
    More money with less efforts.
    In the future a DLC "Belisarius on Italy" could be released to re-new the players interest for Eastern Romans that are presented in this game so inaccurate!!!
    But isn't that good, I mean CA will most likely not take the time to represent the Gothic Kingdoms or the other factions very right anyways. If they do Britannian invasion then they wont have to care as much nor fail to represent the time of Justinian

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Saw this by one of the Attila artists on Facebook:

I find it funny how their concept art is more historically accurate than the game itself. The only immediate inaccurate things I see are the horse chamfron, which is 2nd century AD, the leather lamellar, and the stirrups, which don't first appear until 558.

Still, I'm thinking this is going to be their next DLC.
    I could get into this! I just hope they put some historical thought into design, unlike ALL the campaign dlc for TWR2.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    Belisarius and Justinian are not known enough?!!! Is that meant to be a joke?
    The schools in the US teach nothing about Attila and Aetius, the focus of the main game, but they at least gloss over Justinian and by extension Belisarius. Belisarius is far more well known than Aetius.

How do we know that the pic is about Bellie?
    This is a depiction of the siege of Rome in 537. I'll link to his facebook page.

The schools in the US teach nothing about Attila and Aetius, the focus of the main game, but they at least gloss over Justinian and by extension Belisarius. Belisarius is far more well known than Aetius.
    Yeah, I know. My remark was meant to showcase my dismay at the presumptuous comment above mine.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

A britannia campaign would be nice. One could mod in a Roman invasion mod and with Ted 2 you could make new cities like gallic hillforts.

This'd be interesting...

my eternal thanks to the EB team for making R:TW such an epic game, and to TWC and all other modders for pushing the boundaries with each Total War title .

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can anyone link me to more concept art?

With need a dark age DLC, something set after Attila, with carolingian kingdom and muslims and the rise of chavalry as battlefield main weapon. Might be our only chance to see this period, considering CA is going towards fantasy next
    Teutonic Hochmeister skin bug on campaign map fixed --> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127010

the leather lamellar
    No, armor is simply armor. Armor is an aid, it is not something alone that makes the soldier. Rawhide laminar and scale was used in when the metal alternative was short supply. The metal alternative might have been longer lasting, but the leather alternative was almost equally as strong, lighter, cheaper, more available and took far less skill and time to manufacture it. And with the bonus that is was a insulator when metal certainly wasn't. I dance on the grave of metal armor!
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

I think there won't be a Belisarius DLC on a small scale but probably a grand campaign re-vamp ala Imperator Augustus for Rome 2 (hopefully an extra province in Gaul, Greece and Egypt at least and hopefully extend the map a bit north and east).

I obviously approve of a DLC in my Honour.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast