Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Fantasy: IC Thread

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy: IC Thread

Itaran inspected the lock again, no fire wouldn't work.

"I guess we had better look around, for either the key, or a study object that would suffice as a lever to force it open... Hang in there Karl, we'll be right back" With that Itaran started searching, surely the key must be in the room somewhere. Failing that he would look for a metal bar or any such strong lever.

Siegmund untied a skin of water from his belt and passed it to Karl through the gaps between the iron bars.

"There you go. We'll be back."

He grimaced, before starting to search around for something that would help them break open the cage.

"I wonder if one of the big Orc bastards had a key? It's got to be around somewhere."

The two find a key upon the shelf a few yards away from the cage. Security hadn't exactly been tight.

OOC: Didn't want to make him getting our too hard.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Itaran smiled broadly as Siegmund found the key. They both quickly released Karl, finding his equipment in a nearby chest.

OOC: To keep things moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Hendrik left the group and made his way towards the ruins, his sword was resting firmly in his hand. The vampire felt his own blood-thirst creep up on him. He needed to find an opponent, a worthy one. During the whole trip he had not fed while hiding among the other mercenaries. As much as he could control it, too long and he would either die or give the game away by feasting on one of the group. Once they had gotten out of these cursed lands, it would be safe to slaughter them and feast.

Walking through the ruins, Hendrik checked every nook and crany for traps, hidden loot and good spots to defend. As far as he could tell, any loot the greenskins had had they carried with them. The rubble he had found so far did not bring much hope: This was an old fortress, probably evacuated ages ago.
    The fortress itself was old, but Hendrik finds a tunnel that leads far deeper into the ruins. These ruins are far different and much older than the ruins of the fortress. Symbols and images carved onto the walls predate anything Hendrik himself is familiar with. Ancient bronze and copper weapons and armor dot the crypt with a large stone coffin in the middle. Hendrik approaches and suddenly there is a crack and crash as a wight tosses aside the lid. Wights are former great warriors of the ancient ages, most evil. This one's skeleton was reanimated by the ancient wight that had been an evil chieftain of his tribe. Wights are much different than mere skeletons. They retain sentience, martial skill, and the speed they had while living. Added onto that, they possess even greater ability to withstand damage. The wight hefted his wight sword, a sword inscribed with ancient evil runes, that had to power to drain life out of any enemy it touched. What would usually be a small cut could be a killing blow with this sword. The wight turned its gaze towards Hendrik and shouts a challenge to it's fellow undead...

Last edited by Pyrrhus the Molossian; February 26, 2015 at 11:19 PM.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Friedrich exited the ruins, with his five retainers. As he left he walked straight into Hendrik, and immediately noticed the sword.

"All is gone Hendrik, I found nothing. Not even blood with which to quench my thirst."
    Friedrich manages to catch sight of Hendrik as he heads deep into the depths of the ruins...
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Gorin gathers up the 20 gold, crude armor, and magical war axe off of the still warm corpse of Grok. He didnt care much for the orcish armor but maybe he could sell it to a merchant when he had the chance. The magical axe he slung over his back still prefering his hammer. He liked that he had the magical weapon as a back up though he was a little afraid to use it. Gorin, Siegmund, and Itaran freed Karl from his cell.

"HA!,"
    laughed the dwarf.
    "You still live, or my eyes have deceived me!"
    He reached up with his finger and poked the man square in the chest.
    "Ye don't feel dead," he laughed again. He was glad to have the Empire soldier back.

"We should not linger here, there is no knowing what else could be lurking in this accursed place," he warned to Siegmund.
    "Greenskins may be the least of our worries," he said as he eyed the elf up and down. Though he disliked the elf he had to admit his magical prowess had saved the group from being over whelmed by the goblins.
    Gorin began searching stone work of the ancient fortress. Maybe there would be a secret door or some traps he could warn the others of. He looked around for hidden tunnels and possibly an exit.

The ruins of the fortress seem to lack any further secrets. However, the mercenaries notice that both Hendrik and Friedrich have not yet returned. With the fortress nearly fully explored it might be time to make plans to go elsewhere.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

"What the hell is Friedrich doing..." Itaran fumed as Siegmund, Gorin, Karl and himself trudged back outside the fortress ruins explored.

Although Itaran didn't overly trust Hendrik, he felt a pang of concern for him since he went to look for the much odder Friedrich, Itaran had seen Hendrik's skill as a warrior, they would need him, Friedrich to he supposed to himself but really he would feel safer without Friedrich.

"Where should we head next?" He politely asked the others with him as he scanned the seemingly endless sea of bones.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Friedrich hurries down the tunnel after Hendrik. He hears the shout of the Wight as he rushes down the tunnel. As he reaches the place where the Wight resides, he immediately realises his luck and attempts to take control of the Wight.

IOC: I'd go into detail, but I'm not sure where to start.

Friedrich tries to exert control over the wight, but the wight is immensely strong and in the ensuing battle of wills the wight manages to keep its sentience. (Roll failed).

OOC: Discovering any sort of magic tome relating to necromancy and a few items could greatly increase your necromancy power so that you could easily gain control over things like this wight and many more.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Ooc: Fair enough.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; February 25, 2015 at 02:45 AM.

OOC: Hendrik arrived first and so any further actions require his input.

If Hendrik loses or you jump in on one side or the other that is a different story. But for now, this will be a duel between Hendrik and the wight. You may wish to check the tomb after the duel though..
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Karl greedily gulped down the water, letting it run over his cracked lips, feeling it bring a refreshing relief to his battered body.

"It's sure good to see you guys. I was sure I was gonna die in there. How many of you made it ashore?"

He rolled his shoulders, trying to loosen them and shake out the cramps that resulted from being tied up for hours on end, unable to move. The movement caused him to wince and he gingerly prodded at some of the more bruised and swollen parts of his body, trying to assess the damage done to him. He'd live, but he was pretty sure one of his ribs was cracked and he wouldn't be much help in a fight anytime soon; even picking up his sword and armour sent waves of pain lancing through his body.

He turned to his elven companion. "Hey, Itaran. I've seen you heal yourself before. Does that magic of yours work on others as well? Failing that, anyone got a drink a bit stronger than that water I can get skinfull of?"
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Hendrik grinned and hefted his bastard sword in both hands, taking an offensive stance towards the wight.

"Too long have I been without a real battle. I will grind your bones to dust and scatter them in the wind, and then I'll claim your sword as my own. Prepare for the afterlife, scum!"

The vampire launches forward, using his powers to quickly close the gap between him and his foe. His first attack is a swing towards the wight's sword arm, trying to incapacitate his opponent before the cursed weapon can be used.

Siegmund smiled at Karl finally showing some signs of life, before grimacing and shaking his head.

"Alas, friend, all the ale had gone. There was naught there but water."

The wight laughed maniacally, he had been a champion duelist when he had walked walked the land so long ago. He raised his wight sword and shouted a few obscenities before meeting the blood dragon. Their massive weapons crashed as Hendrik moved with an insane vampiric speed, but the wight had kept all his skill from his past life and managed to bat the attack aside. Another onslaught by Hendrik did however manage to clip the wight, and his spirit essence leaked from the long dead bones. The Blood Dragon pushed his advantage, showing how learned he was in the art of swordcraft. The wight is overwhelmed by this display of speed and skill and even as he fights back his arm is cleaved off. The ancient wight roars in disapproval darting to pick up one of the weapons laying around the tomb. He hefts a large axe in one hand and rushed Hendrik, but the experienced duelist merely stepped aside and separated the wight's head from it's shoulders. With the magic seeping out of the bones the wight folds in on itself, merely a pile of bones now....

Rolls:

14-11
    18-9
    7-1
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Friedrich makes sure the fight is underway before he begins to root around the dungeon for "de epic loots".

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Friedrich makes sure the fight is underway before he begins to root around the dungeon for "de epic loots".

While the two undead duel, Friedrich finds a mysterious tablet using pictograms to explain the necromancy of this ancient tribe. The tablet greatly increases his knowledge of necromancy...

OOC: You can summon 10 skeletons or 1 Grave Guard or 1 spirit host.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Friedrich looks at the Wight as it crumbles, he shrugs, it was a shame he couldn't tame it. Looking to Hendrik, he says;

I'll be gone for a few days, Hendrik. Just tell the others I am scouting ahead. As a fellow vampire, I'm sure you can guess what I'll be leaving to get."

Turning around, he sweeps up the passage to the outside, where he meets his skeletons and goblins. He begins to walk off to find a quiet place to summon a grave guard. Finally he finds the place, and he casts his foul magic in an attempt to summon a new servant.