Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Fantasy: IC Thread

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy: IC Thread

Friedrich rushes forward his mind set upon destroying this necromancer who had given him so much trouble. Any skeletons who step in his way are smashed or cut to pieces and though Lozhar fires necromantic bolts of energy Friedrich dodges them and slices into the pale necromancer, drinking the fountain of vile blood that comes forth. The skeletons, without a necromancer to control them, fall apart showing Friedrich that none of his army has survived. The bleeding and battered Friedrich hobbles to the tent and takes out the tome of necromancy and begins to read as the human blood begins to heal his many injuries.

OOC: You can now summon 2,500 skeletons. Larger creatures must be tamed (wights, zombie dragons, terrorgheist, wraiths, etc) in separate quests if you want them in your army.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post
    Karl, though wounded, musters up what strength he has and becomes a whirlwind of death. His sword and knife carving through the pitiful goblins as if they were merely candles. Any not killed by Karl decide that the battle is lost and they flee the field hopeful of living to see another day.

Itaran's arrow barely misses the Dwarf commander, but leaves him with a bloody neck as it gouges his neck badly and instead goes through the eye of a nearby dwarf.

Siegmund easily dispatches several more dwarves while Gorin defeats the remainder. However, as that happens Siegmund meets the Dwarf leader who is clad in a red stained sort of steel armor. Their fight is insane, Siegmund is powered by his blood rage and the dwarf leader is given such strength that it seems something must be multiplying his natural strength. They go back and forth until Siegmund gets the upper hand dealing a number of mighty blows to the commander and forcing him backwards. Another blow opens the dwarf's helm leaving him bleeding and staggering, but he catches Siegmund's next blow with his shield and tosses him far backward with his clearly unnatural strength. Despite being wounded over four times the Dwarf continues to fight the raging Siegmund, both landing blows that are blocked by the other until Siegmund simply uses the pommel and smashes it into his enemy's face before slicing his throat with a return swing. The leader of the Chaos Dwarves was dead!

All enemies have either fled the field or been killed. Left upon the ground are 20 pistols, 21 exquisite dwarven axes, 20 sets of black heavy dwarven armor, 400 goblin and orc slaves, and over 5,000 pieces of gold and 20 diamonds. However, Siegmund has seized the most valuable prize. The armor of the commander was Ogre Armor, armor crafted with magic and the blood and souls of slave ogres which gives this armor the power to gives whoever wears it the power of an ogre. Also, it will conform to the body size of the wearer..:
    Siegmund stood over his fallen foe triumphantly, as the bloodlust that had claimed him slowly washed out of him. He looked down at his blood stained hands and sword and winced at the pain in his chest; that stubborn bastard had probably cracked a couple of his ribs. Still, victory was his, and it felt damn good as he inspected the corpses of the dead dwarves around him. Sheathing his sword, Siegmund knelt beside the corpse of the dwarven leader, noticing a strange aura radiating from the armour. He pulled it off the corpse of the dead dwarf, before unfastening his own breastplate. The armour seemed to grow in his hands, and it fit him perfectly, as if it were handcrafted specifically for his exact build. Just wearing it made him feel stronger. He stood proudly in his new garb, striding towards the carts to inspect the rest of the loot.

"Damn. What a fight. To the victor go the spoils, I guess." He chuckled, before looking towards his companions.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"Well well well, look what we 'ave ere. A buncha worn out gits who look like they 'ave some shinies." Throg looks around at the carnage around him, and his eyes settle on the group of goblin and orc slaves trying their best not to be noticed. "Are dose greenskins fa me?" He said as a grin came across his enormous face.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Friedrich walks over to the small circle that had been his battalion. Stabbed into the ground was his banner, with the skull of a Khorne bloodletter impaled on the top of the pole.

Spending some time gathering the best armour and weapons, Friedrich piles them all together. He raises his hands and commands:

"Rise! Rise my warriors!"

Slowly, 250 Grave Guards rise and take up their weapons and armour. Armed with bronze longspears, bronze long swords and bronze shields. Armoured in bronze cuirass and chainmail, with bronze helmets, the 250 elite warriors formed ranks and stood at attention. One of the new Grave Guards moved and picked up the banner of the fallen battalion.

Friedrich looked at his new battalion with pride, he had a good fighting force now. These warriors would form the core of his army, now he just needed to get more soldiers.

He was still wounded, but the necromancer's blood had worked wonders. He mounted his horse, all that remained of his original forces, and set off, his warriors following him in a column of tightly packed ranks.

It was time, Friedrich felt, to find a permenant fortress.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; March 03, 2015 at 03:56 PM.

OOC: No more such tomes in the immediate vicinity. You'll need a tome of Nagash to exceed this power.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Ooc: Okay, fair enough, I edited my post accordingly. Also, are units of Black Knights something I can summon or something I must subdue? I seem to remember them being as powerful as wights.

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Aethis decided now was the time to reveal himself, the battle was won and these men had proven their mettle to him, besides he didn't like the look of that ogre leering over the imprisoned greenskins; he was no fan of those creatures yet one of them might hold the answers to the whereabouts of his quarry.

He slipped down onto the field and picked his way across bloodied and battered bodies stopping a short distance from the wounded but victorious mercenaries.

"Hail friends,"

He spoke loudly, grabbing their attention,

"I mean you no harm, might I speak with you..."

He glanced towards the emaciated prisoners and the huge figure looming over them, happily salivating an evil hunger in it's eyes;

"perhaps before you condemn these orcs to death by ogre."
    Last edited by Dark Storm; March 03, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
    ...treasure, pleasure, leisure, les yeux;
    It's all in your eyes.

OOC: You do know that orcs are 100% evil and elves kill them on sight, right?

Siegmund was wary of the stranger but kept a friendly demeanor. Still, his hand rested on the hilt of his blade as he inspected both the ogre and the elf.

"Hello friends. Speak, then, if you will."

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    OOC: You do know that orcs are 100% evil and elves kill them on sight, right?
    OOC: Untrue. Orcs aren't inherently evil. Grimgor defeated Archaeon and frequently battled Chaos forces. Orcs can serve as mercenaries for humans and others as well. Chaotic neutral in my opinion.

You guys could perhaps use these prisoners as the base to bring down a slaving empire...
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"I am Aethis,"

He inclined his head respectfully towards the man,

"Searching these forsaken lands for something stolen from me, stolen by greenskins"

He spat the word greenskin venomously... He pointed at the prisoners,

"What I have lost is of great importance to me and each second that passes my dishonour in losing it grows. If I might have leave to question these greenskins I would be deeply thankful and would pledge my sword to your cause until what I have lost is regained..."
    ...treasure, pleasure, leisure, les yeux;
    It's all in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Storm View Post
    "I am Aethis,"

He inclined his head respectfully towards the man,

"Searching these forsaken lands for something stolen from me, stolen by greenskins"

He spat the word greenskin venomously... He pointed at the prisoners,

"What I have lost is of great importance to me and each second that passes my dishonour in losing it grows. If I might have leave to question these greenskins I would be deeply thankful and would pledge my sword to your cause until what I have lost is regained..."
    Siegmund nodded, and glanced at the prisoners before smiling.

"Pleasure to meet you Aethis. I'm Siegmund Aren. Sigmar knows how I found myself here, but here I am."

Irrelevant
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; March 03, 2015 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post
    OOC: Untrue. Orcs aren't inherently evil. Grimgor defeated Archaeon and frequently battled Chaos forces. Orcs can serve as mercenaries for humans and others as well. Chaotic neutral in my opinion.

You guys could perhaps use these prisoners as the base to bring down a slaving empire...
    OOC: Orcs are chaotic evil, and the Archeon fight has been retconed anyway.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

A figure stood up out of the group of green captives, a man in rags.
    "Fulk of Eastwall," he said as his presence became known to all others, "from Marienburg."

Fulk, who was a short and thin figure, looked over at Siegmund, a fellow human, and gestured his head.
    "Mind cutting this?" he said of the rope around his hands.
    The Marienburger had a rather ragged beard and an overgrown mop of dark hair that reached to his shoulder blades.

Siegmund looked down and raised an eyebrow, before slicing the man's bonds with his sword. He heaved the ragged man to his feet.

"You're not a dead weight, are you?"

Irrelevant.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; March 03, 2015 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    OOC: Orcs are chaotic evil, and the Archeon fight has been retconed anyway.
    OOC: Eh, they still aren't something to kill unless they try to kill you. Like orgres. Even Skaven helped destroy Nagash.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Fulk stretched his arms, making a crack noise as he maneuvered his left arm socket.
    He spat, then turned to walk over to a what looked like an alcove where a bunch of assorted things were stuffed.
    The Marienburger began digging through it, looking for specific pieces of equipment it seemed. He found a claymore within a few moments, looking pleased to see it before continuing.

"You have the look of a mercenary. Did you fight at Kedwall, two years ago?" he said to Siegmund as he continued to dig.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; March 03, 2015 at 04:13 PM.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

As the last of the enemies fled the field, Karl eased himself to the ground, leaning his back against one of the empty prison carts. Wincing, he slowly removed his battered armour, exposing the bloody gash across his chest. Blood slowly oozed from the wound, coating his stomach in a red sheen. He groaned; the adrenaline was slowly leaving his body, being replaced instead by pain. A nearby corpse provided cloth, which he cut into strips, tying them around his chest as a makeshift bandage to staunch the bleeding.

It was only now that he realised how thirsty he was, causing him to rise from his seat. Searching the corpses for water, or preferably a wineskin, he comes across several well crafted pistols, which he slips into his belt.

Eventually he heads over to Siegmund and the newcomers. "Well fought my friend. That was some battle. Been a long time since I've faced odds that bad."

He glances across at Fulk. "Seems I freed the wrong cage of prisoners. The last lot looked like they didn't even know which end of a sword to hold, let alone how to use them. Almost got myself killed in the process." He spat on the ground. "You've clearly used a weapon before though, judging by the way you've selected that blade. How'd you end up in one of those cages?"

ooc: What happens about collecting loot? Do we just claim what we want and split the gold evenly? And is there a sensible limit to how much we can carry (i.e. no one running around with 5 swords and 3 full suits of armour in our inventory)?
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery: