Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Fantasy: IC Thread

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy: IC Thread

Friedrich howls his rage, and green magic bolts explode from his hands towards the enemy, he begins to wonder when the orcs he killed with his Tomb Blade will rise to do his bidding, before going back to the grim business of slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Friedrich howls his rage, and green magic bolts explode from his hands towards the enemy, he begins to wonder when the orcs he killed with his Tomb Blade will rise to do his bidding, before going back to the grim business of slaughter.

OOC: How about roleplaying drawing it? Which you haven't?
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

He was filled with a sense of strength when he came toward these massive standing stones, perhaps there was a chance for the world, for order. He marched his men toward the mercenaries guild looking for a suitable force of mercenaries to bolster his army.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    He was filled with a sense of strength when he came toward these massive standing stones, perhaps there was a chance for the world, for order. He marched his men toward the mercenaries guild looking for a suitable force of mercenaries to bolster his army.
    The section where the mercenary guilds are located are nestled off to the right of the path leading to where the tyrant's residence is located at the end of it. Mercenaries of many races walk around the area, lingering near stalls or the entrances to taverns while a ad hoc fighting pit has been set up for fights for locals, travelers, and mercenaries to bet on. The Witch Hunter can see banners of several companies outside of their respective guild or residence for those who are passing through, their symbols ranging from human to ogre in design.

ooc : Mercenary company selection for the Sentinels :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gorbad's Iron Boyz
    Gorbad
    50 Leadbelchers
    50 Ironguts
    400 Iron Boyz

The Skullsmasher Tribe
    Mor'ghor
    1 Firebelly
    50 Enforcers
    50 Leadbelchers
    300 Maneaters

The Sandblown
    Akhbar of Ghafsa
    250 Camel Riders
    10 War Elephants

The Green Turban Army
    Zhao Bei
    10 Nippon Ronin
    150 Crossbowmen
    300 Imperial Infantry
    2 War Chariots

Darklands Reavers
    Ulf the Black
    200 Brigands
    50 Archers
    100 Maneaters
    100 Leadbelchers

Thorin's Company
    Thorin
    100 Dwarf Slayers

Ghazka Khan's Band
    Ghazka Khan
    400 Hobgoblin Warriors
    Last edited by Xion; March 29, 2015 at 09:35 PM.

This was a strange and foreign placed filled with Hobgoblins and Ogres and men, but it seemed to be free of Chaos' taint. It was a conglomeration of Greenskins, humans and Ogres, a true melding of east and west. Atop that the last place to resupply before the Ogre Kingdom's or in Karl's case, before diriving into the heart of Chaos Dwarf territory. The Witch Hunter approaches Mor'ghor of the Skullsmasher Tribe first. He moves to meet the Ogre man to man to request his services. "Tell me my large humanoid friend, how much would it cost to hire you and your merry band in a campaign against the Chaos Dwarves?"
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; March 30, 2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Drawing his Tomb Blade and holding the great sword in one hand and the longsowrd in the other, he lays into the orcs with fury, descending into a total blood rage. His companions keep away from him, but they keep fighting.
    Ooc: I have drawn it Pyhrrus.

OOC: Roleplay more and with a bit more quality and it will help you.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Friedrich hacks and slashes through the orcs, attempting to cut his way through to their leader. Using a series of complex sword manoeuvres, he ducks and rolls around the orcs, before coming back and slashing. It was turning into a desperate situation, with very few solutions.

Gothmog was dead. Shame. He had liked the vicious little goblin. He willed his grave guard to him, and together they attempted to cut a line through to the leader of the orcs.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post

OOC: Gave it a 50/50 chance to work.

The mercenary spits on the floor and goes to leave. Angry at the attempt on his life. It's unlikely any mercenaries here will sign with the adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Itaran simply bursts into laughter as the mercenaries leave the tavern... A hearty bellowing laugh bringing tears to his eyes...

Moments later as he tries to regain his composure he speaks to his two friends.

"By the Gods we are an aggressive duo of elves Aethis"
    He paused spluttering from laughter again "If it wasn't for Karl's every present voice of reason, we'd be at a swords end in no time friends." He continued now in a mild chuckle.

"Meh I didn't like the look of them either, let get out of this **** hole and on towards adventure aye?"
    ​He asked rhetorically while gathering up their things.
    Karl sheathed his blade as the mercenaries exited the tavern. He spat on the ground. "Cowards," he muttered after them, before picking up his tankard from the table and draining the last of its contents with one gulp.

"Aye, lets get out of this dump of a town." He turned to Aethis. "I believe you have a lost heirloom to look for." He placed the tankard back down on the table before heading for the door. "I say we start with some of the local tribes. I'm sure we could coerce some of them into joining us, or if not, extract some useful information about caravan routes and the like for us to pick on."
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

On their way through town, Itaran exchanged his diamonds for gold and asked around about local tribes, specifically orcs.

He joined the others.

"Apparently the orcs and goblin tribes lie north west up past the mountains, we can take the Spice Route north and then head out west into the Desolation of Azgorh"
    He said beginning to head north of the main road.

"Hopefully we can find what we are after there, or at least further information"

OOC
    By the way guys I use this for info/context:
    http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow.html

The Darklands is the brown triangle between mountains and the sea lol. Pigbarter is down near the mouth of the river.
    Last edited by Stildawn; March 30, 2015 at 03:07 PM.

Friedrich's continued assault against the tribe is barely enough to keep him alive as spears leave grazes and bruises all around his body. Any orc raised by the Chaos Tomb blade is quickly destroyed by it's fellows and two more of the Grave Guard fall. Friedrich is fully surrounded and just barely holding on as he continues to bleed everywhere.

Remaining-

Orcs-
    910 Orcs

Friedrich-
    2 Grave Guard
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

OOC: Why not keep them instead of lugging alot of gold around?

Many citizens shun them and the greenskins of the city simply refuse to talk to them. However, a few answer that nearly three ogre tribes live nearby..,
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Friedrich and his fellows had traveled to the orc tribe on the terrorgheist, which had not yet seen combat. It swoops overhead and unleashes its deadly necromancy enhanced screech and then lands a!I'd the stunned orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    This was a strange and foreign placed filled with Hobgoblins and Ogres and men, but it seemed to be free of Chaos' taint. It was a conglomeration of Greenskins, humans and Ogres, a true melding of east and west. Atop that the last place to resupply before the Ogre Kingdom's or in Karl's case, before diriving into the heart of Chaos Dwarf territory. The Witch Hunter approaches Mor'ghor of the Skullsmasher Tribe first. He moves to meet the Ogre man to man to request his services. "Tell me my large humanoid friend, how much would it cost to hire you and your merry band in a campaign against the Chaos Dwarves?"
    Mor'ghor, being the leader of a tribe is the size of a Ogre tyrant, although on the smaller side. He looks down at the Witch Hunter from behind a table filled with various foods, predominately meat, sitting in a stone chair. "400 gold, plus we get a share of any loot and food found." Mor'ghor grins after saying food, perhaps referring to the corpses of any slain enemy, ally, or civilian on top of looted granaries or other storage facilities. He then picks up a large piece of meat still on the bone and bites a large chunk off while waiting for Karl to accept or present a counteroffer.
    Last edited by Xion; March 30, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

OOC
    Cause 1 diamond is like having a hundred dollar note when trying to buy a can of coke at the petrol station. Gold is broken down and easily divisible and will make it less prone for people to try and screw me by saying "yes 1 diamond" cause they see a diamond, instead of saying 600/700/800 gold etc. Also why are we suddenly being shunned? Not that it matters, but I highly doubt that our minor confrontation at the bar that happened literally a second ago would have spread a bad rumor throughout the entire town by now.

Itaran had also heard of Ogre tribes, but he distaste for those foul beasts was still raw from that coward Throg. He wanted to avoid them all together and head straight for the Desolation of Azgorh for the orc and goblin tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    Mor'ghor, being the leader of a tribe is the size of a Ogre tyrant, although on the smaller side. He looks down at the Witch Hunter from behind a table filled with various foods, predominately meat, sitting in a stone chair. "400 gold, plus we get a share of any loot and food found." Mor'ghor grins after saying food, perhaps referring to the corpses of any slain enemy, ally, or civilian on top of looted granaries or other storage facilities. He then picks up a large piece of meat still on the bone and bites a large chunk off while waiting for Karl to accept or present a counteroffer.
    He threw a bad of gold to the near Tyrant sized Ogre, "400 Gold plus a share of the loot it is, I doubt you'll have to worry about food when traveling with us." Moving to leave he calls back. "I have more men to hire, be sure to introduce yourself to my forces camped just outside town, we shall be marching to battle and food very soon."

Next he moved to speak with Gorbad and his Iron Boyz. Greenskins would serve well against the
    Chaos Dwarf tyrants to the north. When he comes face to face with the Greenskin he attempts to recruit them right away. "I am marching to war with the Chaos Dwarves, what will it cost for you and your infamous Iron Boyz to march with me?"

Friedrich's terrorgheist gives a great scream that is supposed to frighten those it does not kill with its unearthly scream. However, many of the orcs manage to withstand the attack, though many fall. However, arrows, javelins, and several axes smash into the monster with great force. The orcs are less successful against Friedrich who loses another Grave Guard, but cuts his way to the terrorgheist. The last Grave Guard is lost, but the pair of terrorgheist and vampire kill many orcs with magic and might alike. Many orcs think the fight may be hopeless, but their chief urges them to fight on. The terrorgheist is wounded in many places and Friedrich takes an arrow through the neck....if he does not retreat he may die here.

Remaining-

Orcs-
    830 Orcs

Friedrich-
    1 Terrorgheist
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Friedrich slings his leg over the terrorgheist's neck and together they rise high into the sky. There was but one chance to defeat the orcs now, Friedrich took a quick slug of blood and then the terrorgheist dive bombed down towards the chieftain of the orcs, unleashing its scream once again. Friedrich would plummet directly down to the chief and slay him. It was his only hope.

OOC:

Alright

An elf attempted to murder a human in a mostly human town.

Any sizeable tribe is months march away. Why not go after humans or something?
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

This attack manages to kill the chief which causes some to waver, but those orcs who remain fight on despite their chief's death to after losing nearly 30 more of their number die the remaining 800 orcs ready themselves to assault the badly wounded vampire and terrorgheist. Both of whom are bleeding badly and wounded so that Friedrich can feel himself beginning to fade....

Remaining-

Orcs-
    790 Orcs

Friedrich-
    1 Terrorgheist
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca