Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Female models removed: RELEASED!

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Female models removed: RELEASED!

This is so hilarious, "accounts" with 8 posts coming to spread bolshevik and feminist hysteria for a modification that removes female models from an ancient army in a pc game!! Thats indeed hysteria
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    This is so hilarious, "accounts" with 8 posts coming to spread bolshevik and feminist hysteria for a modification that removes female models from an ancient army in a pc game!! Thats indeed hysteria
    Hey now, i was deciding between should i go to sleep now or read 5 minutes some forums. Saw his reply and now i can sleep with a big smirk on my face. Ohh those people, they are super duper rare luckily

I think he's probably right actually, but there's no point in posting about it. It'll only get flamed.

Kudos Kamov Isaov

Hey!

Your mod doesnt work, i have tried running it without any other mods but the game wont star up with it. Can you or someone please make a mod with this or just one that removes women from the germanic warband? i have tried using the guide here on the forums, but it doesnt work for me. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov Isaov View Post
    In my opinion it is quite offensive to censor women from art (which is what this mod does) and the post rationalization of historical authenticity that is the claims there were no women and the art is wrong and the censor merely is correcting that, this argument is not only false, as the barbarian migrators of the time had around 25% women in their armies/hordes and thus the game correctly depicts this, but also not the real reason for their removal anyway.

Women or depiction or reminders of women make some men uncomfortable when they are doing manly things, like playing war with toy soldiers. Sometimes this is because this makes them remember something they lack, and play games to forget about that lack, and then have a woman in the game that suddenly reminds them of that lack in their lives (female companionship and sex) and this upsets them.

Sure its their right to remove what upsets them, but its also my right to give my opinion on their opinion. So offensive, intellectually dishonest, oh and I feel sorry for them. Perhaps they should go and get what they lack then come back to the game and you wont be so blue balls that you have to remove those reminders.
    What I don't understand with this current movement of 'political correctness', is the consistent need to generalize and bash the opposition. In this case it's people using this harmless mod. This 'art' also happens to be interactive, thus it comes with the caveat that each person gets to have their own experience. So why must this be offensive? It is a choice to tailor the game to whatever fits one's fancy.
    Last edited by StringingTerror; April 26, 2017 at 12:37 AM.

The real late 20th-early 21st century political correctness is CA putting female models where they are not wanted, needed nor historical. This is the sort of silliness we're up against. What they could have done is have an option where you can choose for or against like you choose unit size. Of course, there were the Amazons who came from the Black Sea area and also fought at Troy. But this was one single tribe not known to have a twin elsewhere. They were not in existence during the end of the Western Roman Empire, and female warriors (apart from rare individual instances) were not seen until the Israeli wars with their neighbours after 1948.

I agree to that, this equality and political correctness in our days is a disaster. I do not mind for women being in a levy or garrison unit though.

I just made an account to say thank you, you are my hero!

In my opinion it is quite offensive to censor women from art (which is what this mod does) and the post rationalization of historical authenticity that is the claims there were no women and the art is wrong and the censor merely is correcting that, this argument is not only false, as the barbarian migrators of the time had around 25% women in their armies/hordes and thus the game correctly depicts this, but also not the real reason for their removal anyway.

Women or depiction or reminders of women make some men uncomfortable when they are doing manly things, like playing war with toy soldiers. Sometimes this is because this makes them remember something they lack, and play games to forget about that lack, and then have a woman in the game that suddenly reminds them of that lack in their lives (female companionship and sex) and this upsets them.

Sure its their right to remove what upsets them, but its also my right to give my opinion on their opinion. So offensive, intellectually dishonest, oh and I feel sorry for them. Perhaps they should go and get what they lack then come back to the game and you wont be so blue balls that you have to remove those reminders.
    Probably the most incoherent post I have yet seen regarding this topic. It's stunning that intellectualism has dipped this low in these forums. The very nature of a post like this just radiates a complete ignorance of history, faulty logic, and a total lack of humility in "argumentation." It's simply amazing that people come in here and post a few half baked facts read on some questionable magazine page and attempt to blanket history with it. This is like arguing with someone that the earth is flat, or that we have a geocentric universe.

Let me crawl back under my rock here.
    Last edited by stevehoos; July 09, 2015 at 02:27 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

For the record, I enjoy this mod. What's more, I'm gay. So your passive-aggressive blanket attacks ad hominem do not apply to me, at least, and I'm quite frankly offended by your "opinion", i.e. assumption of the character of multiple people based solely on their use of one mod.

Reporting this post for the flame bait that it is. Good day, sir.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

You are the intellectually dishonest person here. In fact you are a sad inditement of the foolish `whiteknight` who believes nothing must miss out females because then it is somehow an offense to the `holy female`. You will attack other men in your mating ritual, yet in the end you lose.

It is Feminism that is destroying Art, good story telling and writing in movies, comics, games, etc. It is them and people like you that are also stifling truth and reality in history and our world today. Even here you are asking for censorship in that typical feminist passive\aggressive way. Your stupidity only goes to show how far some of you feminists will go to curtail all thought and freedom to suit the Feminist`s narrative. I doubt you even know what `art` truly is.

Wake up pal, you won`t get the female. You`re just being used to attack your own sex and will in the long run, really, really regret it.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; July 21, 2015 at 03:36 AM.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post

You are the intellectually dishonest person here. In fact you are a sad inditement of the foolish `whiteknight` who believes nothing must miss out females because then it is somehow an offense to the `holy female`. You will attack other men in your mating ritual, yet in the end you lose.

It is Feminism that is destroying Art, good story telling and writing in movies, comics, games, etc. It is them and people like you that are also stifling truth and reality in history and our world today. Even here you are asking for censorship in that typical feminist passive\aggressive way. Your stupidity only goes to show how far some of you feminists will go to curtail all thought and freedom to suit the Feminist`s narrative. I doubt you even know what `art` truly is.

Wake up pal, you won`t get the female. You`re just being used to attack your own sex and will in the long run, really, really regret it.
    You can't actually destroy 'Art'. You can only change an interpretation or the presentation of the manifestation which we call art. Such stuff changes every generation. While you might be feeling all great as you heroically try to bash Kamov for merely having an 'extreme/aggressive' opinion, yours is just as extreme and aggressive. You'll regret it just as much. Or in other words, no one will regret anything at all. Because that's not how it works.

I think it's a great thing that mods like these exist. But it's also great that people like Kamov voice another opinion. It allows neutral minded people to critically think about the usage of such mods as both viewpoints are part of the discussion.
    Last edited by GrudgeNL; July 21, 2015 at 11:19 AM.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

He is just removing female soldiers from the game. If a girl is playing Attila and wants to see female warriors, then she simply doesn't have to download this mod. There is nothing sexist about what is more historically accurate. What people don't understand about history is that we can't force our 21st century or in this case, 20th century standards and versions of morality on people who lived 2000 years ago. That's ignorant. Things were different back then. We, as modern day people, can't say that the Romans were just evil people because a woman's role in Roman society isn't what it is in modern society. You are looking at history the wrong way. This mod simply creates a more accurate depiction of TW: Attila. He's not removing them because he's some kind of misogynist.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    He is just removing female soldiers from the game. If a girl is playing Attila and wants to see female warriors, then she simply doesn't have to download this mod. There is nothing sexist about what is more historically accurate. What people don't understand about history is that we can't force our 21st century or in this case, 20th century standards and versions of morality on people who lived 2000 years ago. That's ignorant. Things were different back then. We, as modern day people, can't say that the Romans were just evil people because a woman's role in Roman society isn't what it is in modern society. You are looking at history the wrong way. This mod simply creates a more accurate depiction of TW: Attila. He's not removing them because he's some kind of misogynist.
    Just out of pure curiousity, how would we know whether nordic armies hadn't or had female warriors, if such references and texts simply do not exist, especially from the Dark ages? As in barely any references to nordic cultures exist. Be it army composition or nordic society in general.

Of course the society in the first 500 years that followed after the birth of christ cannot be compared to modern society, but implying every other ancient culture followed Roman standard on women's rights, even though most historical sources are Roman and Greek, isn't smart to do either.

We know barely anything about nordic cultures for example, except that they were objectively less advanced in many areas. Because their lack of advancements in certain areas, it left them vulnerable. For that very reason nordic women could've been mostly at home or could be fighting as warriors as well. Either scenario could work in a vulnerable tribal system. So implying this mod is somehow more authentic/accurate is highly debatable simply because we lack the historical resources from those cultures which didn't make that many records.

And even if we had all the historical texts and resources from all sides to draw a proper conclusion, it is still a tendency of humanity to twist history and change facts. Even now it'd be fairly easy to make certain people dissapear, let alone neglect female warriors by kings and dukes who'd rather want his own men to get the credit in an era where it'd be quite easy to write history however they wanted.
    Last edited by GrudgeNL; July 21, 2015 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeNL View Post
    Just out of pure curiousity, how would we know whether nordic armies hadn't or had female warriors, if such references and texts simply do not exist, especially from the Dark ages? As in barely any references to nordic cultures exist. Be it army composition or nordic society in general.

Of course the society in the first 500 years that followed after the birth of christ cannot be compared to modern society, but implying every other ancient culture followed Roman standard on women's rights, even though most historical sources are Roman and Greek, isn't smart to do either.

We know barely anything about nordic cultures for example, except that they were objectively less advanced in many areas. Because their lack of advancements in certain areas, it left them vulnerable. For that very reason nordic women could've been mostly at home or could be fighting as warriors as well. Either scenario could work in a vulnerable tribal system. So implying this mod is somehow more authentic/accurate is highly debatable simply because we lack the historical resources from those cultures which didn't make that many records.

And even if we had all the historical texts and resources from all sides to draw a proper conclusion, it is still a tendency of humanity to twist history and change facts. Even now it'd be fairly easy to make certain people dissapear, let alone neglect female warriors by kings and dukes who'd rather want his own men to get the credit in an era where it'd be quite easy to write history however they wanted.
    I wasn't implying only the Romans. I used them as one example. And I'm saying the abundance of female warriors present in-game is most likely not accurate. It seems as if half of soldiers of the Germanic and nordic bands in the game are made up of women. It seems as if all the women in-game decided to neglect their homes haha. Because somebody has to take care of the home while the armies are away. And their were most likely not any Michael Keatons playing Mr. Mom back then. If someone has to take care of the home, back then the woman is going to be made to take care of it while her husband gets to fight.

So perhaps not removing all the female models would be the answer but somehow reduce the amount of them per unit or put them in the garrisons only.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The only evidence of female combatants outside of desperately defending their homes/livelihood comes from Sarmatian cultures, where we have grave finds of female noblewomen who were clearly warriors, one who even served as a heavy lancer. But these women were nobles as far as archaeologists can tell, so they would have probably been commanders.

In an army of 10,000 Alans, you'd be looking at a handful of female combatants. Probably in the vicinity of 10 or less. And that's if it hadn't fallen out of practice by this period.

Other than this, there is no evidence, not in Viking, Roman, etc. for female combatants outside of desperate situations, not even in town garrisons. In fact the main issue in this period was that too many women were becoming nuns.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; July 23, 2015 at 08:34 PM.

Somebody who knows his stuff, MMFA!

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeNL View Post
    You can't actually destroy 'Art'. You can only change an interpretation or the presentation of the manifestation which we call art. Such stuff changes every generation. While you might be feeling all great as you heroically try to bash Kamov for merely having an 'extreme/aggressive' opinion, yours is just as extreme and aggressive. You'll regret it just as much. Or in other words, no one will regret anything at all. Because that's not how it works.

I think it's a great thing that mods like these exist. But it's also great that people like Kamov voice another opinion. It allows neutral minded people to critically think about the usage of such mods as both viewpoints are part of the discussion.
    I don`t feel great for needing to do this. It saddens me that people like you need to so talk up for feminism to the point you will disregard Art is or how this type of attempted censorship is an act against realism and art. Art is freedom, destroy any of it and you destroy art, just as Hitler threw out Jewish art leaving us with `monotones` supporting Nazis that people called art. I see Feminism destroying Art and people like you thinking it`s great cos at least you have Feminist `art` to look at.

`If, maybe, perhaps`. Again wishy washy talk that basically says it might`ve been because there`s no direct proof in every single aspect to prove women didn`t fight in wars. Very much the same as saying maybe Orcs existed because people believed in Orcs and elves then. Nothing will convince people like you short of taking a Time Machine back and not even then.

Evidence, writings, army rosters and the very real world (even now) proves that women did not fight in wars and if they did it was an extreme rarity, certainly not in the numbers Atilla has it in.

Atilla would be a truer representation of reality if NO women were on the battlefield ingame. The only real reason they`re in is Feminism and money.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Just a small mod, but fixed my most annoyed problem in the game. Thanks stevehoos.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Hey OP, this just an update on my review while using your mod. There's seem to be a problem on Germanic Bands though. There's absolutely no women to be seen in that unit, yes. The troubling side is technically they are still in that unit but only invisible, you can see it when you select the germanic band unit and there will highlighted arrows with no soldiers on it. I guess that's why were still hearing women shouting while the unit is in combat.

I hope you're still eager on fixing it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Garensterz; August 17, 2015 at 01:07 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast