Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Female models removed: RELEASED!

Default Re: Female models removed: RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Many more mods focused on what's relevant to historical truth will certainly do this, so get ready.
    Sure thing, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Deakul View Post
    Sure thing, chief.
    If you want to provide some credible empirical examples of women armies fighting during this time period I am all eyes. Otherwise it is pure dreamed up fiction like dragon skulls on Mars, chief. The sources for women fighting in combat in 4th/5th century are extremely rare, and those scant instances in the cultures that it took place in were extremely rare.
    Last edited by stevehoos; February 21, 2015 at 02:33 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Just wanted to thank you for this mod Stevehoos. +Rep!

I am completely at a loss here. I have downloaded this file probably thirty times, and at first all I was getting was a blank white file. When I tried to open it, it kept saying that windows didn't know what program to use to open this file type. So in my frustration I told it to use note pad. Now every time I download it the flipping file is in notepad format. Which naturally makes me want to beat my head repeatedly against my desk. Could somebody please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here? It would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lawbreaker View Post
    I am completely at a loss here. I have downloaded this file probably thirty times, and at first all I was getting was a blank white file. When I tried to open it, it kept saying that windows didn't know what program to use to open this file type. So in my frustration I told it to use note pad. Now every time I download it the flipping file is in notepad format. Which naturally makes me want to beat my head repeatedly against my desk. Could somebody please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here? It would be greatly appreciated.
    You don't need to open anything. Just put it in your data folder. I used the fire fox downloader. If there are more issues, I don't have the experience to be able to know what's going on. It's working for some people and not for others, I have no idea why? Wish I could help.

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

Hi! Cool mod: I'm for equality among men and women, but taking it to V century warfare is quite absurd and definitely unhistorical. I hope that Anita Sarkeesian is not reading this lol

If you want to provide some credible empirical examples of women armies fighting during this time period I am all eyes. Otherwise it is pure dreamed up fiction like dragon skulls on Mars, chief. The sources for women fighting in combat in 4th/5th century are extremely rare, and those scant instances in the cultures that it took place in were extremely rare.
    Okay? What the hell does that have to do with anything at all?

Awesome mod man thanks heaps! Repped!

You don't need to open anything. Just put it in your data folder. I used the fire fox downloader. If there are more issues, I don't have the experience to be able to know what's going on. It's working for some people and not for others, I have no idea why? Wish I could help.
    Thanks stevehoos, I finally got it working, I saw the mod manager and installed it with that.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the mod, it was definitely needed. Though for some reason it appears to make some people angry. Just know that there are a lot of us who are really grateful for it. Peace.

Although, I would've liked some females in garrison units, working as intended. Thank ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurolandish View Post
    Although, I would've liked some females in garrison units, working as intended. Thank ye.
    I was told the you can't change the 25% rate of women in each unit. If I could have maybe 3% of one garrison unit being women I would have done it. It's just a video game.

I was told the you can't change the 25% rate of women in each unit. If I could have maybe 3% of one garrison unit being women I would have done it. It's just a video game.
    It's not a big deal. Just a thought I had.

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

I find it incredible that people are offended by this mod. Its not malicous. We dont hate women or have some kind of anti women axe to grind. We meerly want the game to represent how it really was. The equal representation and politically correct folks need to take a breather. Stop trying to implement modern pc ideas on history! Women seldom or rather didnt fight in a battle line. Not enough to be in a game like this anyway. Thanks for the mod steevhoos.

Nice to see a mod was made to preserve authenticity of armies during the time, however I enjoy watching my ladies kick some roman ass!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderknight View Post
    I find it incredible that people are offended by this mod. Its not malicous. We dont hate women or have some kind of anti women axe to grind. We meerly want the game to represent how it really was. The equal representation and politically correct folks need to take a breather. Stop trying to implement modern pc ideas on history! Women seldom or rather didnt fight in a battle line. Not enough to be in a game like this anyway. Thanks for the mod steevhoos.
    I concur, it was already immersion breaking that a disproportionately high amount of troops die from sudden heart attacks, or broken killmove animations that seem to take effect from a distance, but you also have to deal with a nearly 50% unit makeup of females in almost every single barbarian unit? there must be a serious amount of feminists working at CA for them to implement, in my opinion, such a needless, unsubstantiated, and somewhat nonsensical design addition such as this..

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by benevlan View Post
    I concur, it was already immersion breaking that a disproportionately high amount of troops die from sudden heart attacks, or broken killmove animations that seem to take effect from a distance, but you also have to deal with a nearly 50% unit makeup of females in almost every single barbarian unit? there must be a serious amount of feminists working at CA for them to implement, in my opinion, such a needless, unsubstantiated, and somewhat nonsensical design addition such as this..
    The exact number is actually 1 out of 4, roughly 25% of the bottom-tier of germanic units. This is because each unit variantmesh has a limit of 4 'skinmeshes' you can use - it's used for guys without helmets, guys with beards, et cetera.

It almost certainly isn't a big feminist conspiracy. They are just trying to show that displaced germanic migratory factions would have some of the women fighting as well, considering the oral histories and archaeological finds that support it. It certainly wouldn't have been as high as 25% - but I don't see how it shatters immersion. The fact that they gave us the technology to create mixed units is awesome.

Thank you kindly!

bump. Just so you guys know this has to be below radious if you're using radious on mmm.

Does this mod remove any models added by the longbeards dlc? Do you plan to keep this up to date if need be?

Quote Originally Posted by krazysigmarite View Post
    The exact number is actually 1 out of 4, roughly 25% of the bottom-tier of germanic units. This is because each unit variantmesh has a limit of 4 'skinmeshes' you can use - it's used for guys without helmets, guys with beards, et cetera.

It almost certainly isn't a big feminist conspiracy. They are just trying to show that displaced germanic migratory factions would have some of the women fighting as well, considering the oral histories and archaeological finds that support it. It certainly wouldn't have been as high as 25% - but I don't see how it shatters immersion. The fact that they gave us the technology to create mixed units is awesome.
    This. This mod itself needs to be labelled as ahistorical, because it is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast