Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War VI

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: Phase 3 Loading

Small update: Phase 3 is coming along swimmingly and may be released as soon as monday.

I will be doing another call for playtesters this weekend to make sure everyone im sending this too are still activate and have time to playtest.

What do you want to mean by Small update????

And WARNING sometimes before, when I was playing with the 5.1.4 AI not deployed his guns and remained idle with guns in battle !!!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    What do you want to mean by Small update????
    Telling the current progress of phase 3 was the small update, phase 3 has alot of changes so is def not small

RNV's Avatar Campidoctor
    Regio Septima, Tuscia, Italia, Res Publica Romana

Any gamechanging change?

OH ok i thought the small update was the phase 3 sorry.I saw that phase 3 wasn't a small update and that this is what I found weird with "small update"!!

WARNING B-DIZL DON'T FORGET sometimes before, when I was playing with the 5.1.4 AI not deployed his guns and remained idle with guns in battle !!!

VSC24's Avatar Libertus

Ok, elinath, Please chill the out. You can't miss-hear a forum message and double posting is just creating more work for moderators. Please read the forum rules.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Also nothing we can do to fix.

Ok sorry,i just wanted to tell that

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by RNV View Post
    Any gamechanging change?
    Oh yes, lots of stuff to test with phase 3.

Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

Just wanted you to know that Im still active in your play testing. If you need me for anyother reason just leave me a message on steam

I'm still active and able to playtest now as well. sorry about the lack of updates of any kind for the last phase, unforeseen complication got in the way but I am free now

Will there be any improvements to the tank gameplay wise?

Like having tank crews be killed when the tank is destroyed, two firing modes for heavy tanks (machinegun instead of that gas shell), straight field artillery like arc of fire (not the howitzer arc of fire), not being chargeable by infantry etc.

This would improve the tank gameplay enormously IMO, as tank battles atm are quite weird, as invisible tank crews can charge enemy tanks when their tank is destroyed, light tanks can spray heavy tanks to shreds with machineguns, infantry can literally bayonet tanks to death etc.
    Last edited by FieryMastermind; April 07, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FieryMastermind View Post
    not being chargeable by infantry
    Not sure about that. I'm rather fond of the idea of a tank getting overran.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by FieryMastermind View Post
    Will there be any improvements to the tank gameplay wise?

Like having tank crews be killed when the tank is destroyed, two firing modes for heavy tanks (machinegun instead of that gas shell), straight field artillery like arc of fire (not the howitzer arc of fire), not being chargeable by infantry etc.

This would improve the tank gameplay enormously IMO, as tank battles atm are quite weird, as invisible tank crews can charge enemy tanks when their tank is destroyed, light tanks can spray heavy tanks to shreds with machineguns, infantry can literally bayonet tanks to death etc.
    We're looking into improving some things with tanks but since tanks are completely unprecedented in the TW series we are rather limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    Yes tanks being overrun by infantry will stay and was still an issue even in ww2 and even with German tiger tanks. Tanks without inf support are very susceptible to being overrun, soldiers would climb onto the tanks and toss in grenades or shoot into the ports etc.

About Phase 3, its being finalized right now and will be out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Yes tanks being overrun by infantry will stay and was still an issue even in ww2 and even with German tiger tanks. Tanks without inf support are very susceptible to being overrun, soldiers would climb onto the tanks and toss in grenades or shoot into the ports etc.
    You both are quite right, but as of now infantry stab the tank crews to death through the tank chassis with a bayonet. Using AT grenades is however a different story, but sadly the game has its limitations. However, even if this could be implemented the heavy tanks should have machine guns (cannister?) as well. My biggest grudge is however that the tank crews charge my own tanks when theirs have been destroyed, so large tank battles tend to become a funny looking melee were knifes swing at each other mid air.

But I'm just an expert thinker sharing his opinion, I love what you've done with the mod overall so don't take my criticism offensively .
    Last edited by FieryMastermind; April 08, 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Patrician

Default Re: Phase 3 Imminent : Calling All Testers

Ok guys its about that time, where my playtesters at?

Phase 3 will be much more indepth so playtesters must be able to do the following:

1) Answer specific questions about the game in terms of balance, difficulty, general observations etc...

2) Logs have been added to the game to give us better feedback about the AI economy and such. This requires some special handling which will be explained. So, the tester must be able to keep these logs organized and supply them to the team when needed. (its really not that complicated just wanted to mention it).

3) Have time enough to play a full campaign from beginning to end, many changes have been made to the late game that really need testing.

If you have already posted to playtest please repost so i can make a good list.

I'm willing and able to test phase 3.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Blodheafodban View Post
    I'm willing and able to test phase 3.
    Ok youre in