Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War VI

Default Re: Phase 3 Loading

Quote Originally Posted by Blodheafodban View Post
    When I posted that it looked like they were fighting Germans, but I guess they're really just walking through France to head south and fight Spain, because Spain declared war on Britain.

http://i.imgur.com/fvXrFBJ.png
    Oh, I remember that. Yeah, I was minding my own business, trying to plan out where to go next, then Britain invades. I spent the next most of the following turns fending off the British invasion by land and by sea.

The Entente seems keen in wrecking little ole Spain, removed of their Major Nation status, but Germany, Austria, and the Ottomans? They're bros and will fight their war peacefully. :c

Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

I have played as Romania and everything works fine what countries are left to be tested

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    Oh, I remember that. Yeah, I was minding my own business, trying to plan out where to go next, then Britain invades. I spent the next most of the following turns fending off the British invasion by land and by sea.

The Entente seems keen in wrecking little ole Spain, removed of their Major Nation status, but Germany, Austria, and the Ottomans? They're bros and will fight their war peacefully. :c
    Actually Ive upgraded Spain to a major power now and will be giving them a better starting army and navy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtizmo323 View Post
    I have played as Romania and everything works fine what countries are left to be tested
    A couple questions:

1) How was the economy, did you have too much or too little money?
    2) How far did you get turn wise?
    3) Are the other factions in the balkans tough to deal with or too easy?
    4) How much research where you able to do, how many techs? Does it take too long to research them all?
    5) Ive had reports that the second region i gave to Romania (the one Russia used to own) is building buildings and recruiting units on its own as if on auto control. Is that not happening?

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Actually Ive upgraded Spain to a major power now and will be giving them a better starting army and navy as well.
    Ive upgraded Spain to a major power
    Spain
    major power
    ...my god...it's begun.

Patrician

It literally took 5 seconds to change

duerker von eden's Avatar Tiro

Please tell me Italy is still a major power.
    "No matter how fast you run the past will always find a short cut"

Deurker 2014

Quote Originally Posted by duerker von eden View Post
    Please tell me Italy is still a major power.
    Christ, did you not hear the man? This isn't a joke: it has begun!

VSC24's Avatar Libertus

! SPAINS A MAJOR POWER AGAIN! HIDE THE GOLD AND THE WOMEN WITH THE BIG ASSES!

A tarnished empire, stripped of power and glory by the greedy and envious. To be betrayed and abandoned and cursed and damned. Once defenders of Christendom, conquerors of the new world and old world alike, living by scraps. Mere echoes of what once was. A reminder of what may be again.

Through inquisition and conquest, through Spanish pride and Latin charm shall a rebirth of gold rise. To attain victory at any means, at any cost, to revive the past glories of all Spain. Never to be underestimated again, never to be unjustly invaded, never again to sit aside and allow what atrocities to come. We shall rise from the darkness, rise with a sacred glow upon our backs. To enlighten the world, to again spread a magnificent culture, and pursue they who defile the air with such unenlightened breath.

Now is no longer the time for mercy nor tolerance. No longer the time of forgiveness nor pity. There shall be bravery. There shall be glory. There shall be victory. This is the time of Spain. The time for vengeance. The time for Inquisition. The time for the Final Reconquista.

Dios es Español.

Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

A couple questions:

1) How was the economy, did you have too much or too little money?
    2) How far did you get turn wise?
    3) Are the other factions in the balkans tough to deal with or too easy?
    4) How much research where you able to do, how many techs? Does it take too long to research them all?
    5) Ive had reports that the second region i gave to Romania (the one Russia used to own) is building buildings and recruiting units on its own as if on auto control. Is that not happening?
    Wow alote for me to handle but to me I kept Serbia in the war. Everything to me seems fine . Im not that great at reporting but im not just playing the mod.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    A tarnished empire, stripped of power and glory by the greedy and envious. To be betrayed and abandoned and cursed and damned. Once defenders of Christendom, conquerors of the new world and old world alike, living by scraps. Mere echoes of what once was. A reminder of what may be again.

Through inquisition and conquest, through Spanish pride and Latin charm shall a rebirth of gold rise. To attain victory at any means, at any cost, to revive the past glories of all Spain. Never to be underestimated again, never to be unjustly invaded, never again to sit aside and allow what atrocities to come. We shall rise from the darkness, rise with a sacred glow upon our backs. To enlighten the world, to again spread a magnificent culture, and pursue they who defile the air with such unenlightened breath.

Now is no longer the time for mercy nor tolerance. No longer the time of forgiveness nor pity. There shall be bravery. There shall be glory. There shall be victory. This is the time of Spain. The time for vengeance. The time for Inquisition. The time for the Final Reconquista.

Dios es Español.
    Damn man thats really good, paints a great picture Too bad i cant rep you again yet.

So after giving Switzerland more income and a better starting army theyve gotten a bit uppity. When playing as Germany they DOW me after like 3 turns. Looks like ill have to nerf them a bit. Oh the irony.

Damn man thats really good, paints a great picture Too bad i cant rep you again yet.
    I don't want rep, I want Europe to linger under the shade of la Rojigualda. >:C

Patrician

OK rather big announcement here, I want to preface this by saying to TGW team: DONT PANIC!

Heres the announcement: Ive decided to revamp ALL artillery, machine gun and tanks models! (and possibly some equipment models as well)

What do i mean by revamp? Im glad you asked. Currently there are a few issues with a majority of my models due to inexperience in UV mapping and bad practices with normal smoothing (or lack there of)

This lead to 2 major issues, blockiness of cylindrical and round shapes and creases in cylindrical and round shapes. I have recently purchased and taken some online courses in game design and modelling that show the right way to UV map, which is incredibly faster and more practical than my method, but not as accurate (very marginally speaking). I learned about vertex normals and discovered how to fix these problems.

The reason the team shouldnt panic is because it doesnt effect the model itself or the UV map in any way so no reworking of textures at all

The German heavy howitzer displays these issues perfectly, take a look.

Seams, huge one in the barrel and small one in the wheel on the right. Each wheel has 4 seams like that and some seams are visible in the armor plate too.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After some work, no more seams!

Heres the blockiness issues, all over the place.

and after smooth as silk.

and finally blockiness and seams working together!

again all gone, just like magic.

My later models had much less issues but still im going to fix this in all the models so everything is just right. Id be remiss if i didnt fix the issues with the part of the mod that is my specialty now wouldnt i?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AFTER01.png   AFTER02.png   AFTER03.png   BEFORE01.png   BEFORE02.png  

BEFORE03.png  
    Last edited by B-DizL; April 05, 2015 at 07:47 PM.

I would love to playtest.
    This mod actually encouraged me to study the Great War, and it remains my go-to source for the aesthetics of the early periods of the war.
    I've also played nearly every faction once, with numerous playthroughs of the German Empire. I've also experimented with the various sub-mods (Zera, B-Dizyl, Bran) and understand how they impact the game.
    Thanks!

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Thank you B-dizl, keep the good work up!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

B-DizL,are you working for the latest new version of THE GREAT WAR MOD after 5.0?????Or for a submod you've created???

Patrician

Yeah this is for the long awaited 5.2 update. Biggest update since 5.0.

THAT'S very great!!!!I will wait that impatiently!!!!Good work B-DizL and all TGW team!!

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can't wait for the new update.

Has anyone had issues with custom battles crashes? I've read throughout the posts but can't seem to find anything related to my problem. It seems as though the problem is either with weapon sound, explosion sound or explosion effects. My system is high-end featuring the i7 4790k and a GTX 970. 8gb worth of ram so I can't even use the readyboost as Windows says its pointless.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have managed to solve my problem by downloading the K-lite codec pack. Seems to allow me to play custom battles for longer. Still get crashes in the thick of battle sometimes but cant help that.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!