Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Phase 2 Launched --- PMs Have Been Sent

Quote Originally Posted by Blodheafodban View Post
    How?
    Oh just moved some file nothing major.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    You fixed the August instead of July thing? Might I ask how?
    No I think he did not release that part yet

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Starting in july is part of phase 1, the startpos.

Any chance there will be a few more nations in custom battle? Noticed a few flags for nations that aren't playable, like Albania and Japan... I think Japan would be AWESOME for custom battle, though the skinparts may be a bit more difficult. Perhaps the voices for the Japanese could be ninja'd (pun unintended) from STW2?

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Starting in july is part of phase 1, the startpos.
    Huh I dont think i got phase one I only have phase 2

I think he's having us play specific segments of the new version so we don't get distracted by so many changes, and can instead focus on only a handful of changes.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Curtizmo323 View Post
    Huh I dont think i got phase one I only have phase 2
    Crap, oops. I could have done that a bit better. Im going to repackage it and send it out again. Im been having some sleep issues lately, a little scatter brained.

Crap, oops. I could have done that a bit better. Im going to repackage it and send it out again. Im been having some sleep issues lately, a little scatter brained.
    You should try to get those sleep issues sorted out. I'd rather have the mod postponed (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) than have you harm your health.

You should try to get those sleep issues sorted out. I'd rather have the mod postponed (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) than have you harm your health.
    That's not the WWI spirit!

Yeah i agree and sorry B-Dizel for being pushey, was not intending it that way

Patrician

Dont worry guys, i have sleep issues regardless of the work i do on here. It just makes me a bit scattered when im on a few hours sleep.

Any chance there will be a few more nations in custom battle? Noticed a few flags for nations that aren't playable, like Albania and Japan... I think Japan would be AWESOME for custom battle, though the skinparts may be a bit more difficult. Perhaps the voices for the Japanese could be ninja'd (pun unintended) from STW2?
    Who are you playing as for japan to show up on the Campaign map. Also just want to let u know on the play testing subject that nothing seems to have bugs at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Curtizmo323 View Post
    Who are you playing as for japan to show up on the Campaign map. Also just want to let u know on the play testing subject that nothing seems to have bugs at the moment
    Japan isn't in the campaign map, I'm just saying that there is a line in the uniforms custom colors portion directly referencing Japan along with Japanese, Albanian, Nazi Germany flags and a bit more.

I don't want Japan available for campaign, just custom battle. World War I wasn't simply a Pan-European (though, it can certainly feel like it). It was a World War. Nations like Japan could be added as Portuguese Rebels as they can't be used to make new nations anyways and they wouldn't go to waste. As B-Dizl said, he added new rebels already in Germany (two in particular). Rebels that aren't used in Vanilla aside from being a place holder are Scandinavian Rebels, Greek Rebels, Ottoman Rebels (though they may actually be used for the Egypt campaign), and Dutch Rebels.

Then there are also the Italian Campaign, Spanish Campaign, Egypt Campaign, and Tutorial Campaign nations. The Spanish and Egyptian Campaign might want to be avoided in case they ever decide to merge this mod with a Spanish Civil War mod and/or include Lawrence of Arabia. Buuuuuuut, that still leaves the Tutorial and Italian campaign which leaves 12 nations available to rework into other nations like Japan (maybe China too, now that I think of it but the voice acting would be tough to come across) and the Tutorial adds four more.

As far as I can tell, the uniforms itself can just use the German Militia cap with a different texture or the peaked cap. Not too sure what they wore then, but I have an idea. The bigger issue would be adding a new skin type for the Orient as well as including voices.

Another thing in custom battle that bothers me is that they're only two neutral factions. I know, it's WWI and folks who are to the side of the fighting shouldn't be involved in the first place, but I think more the merrier. Maybe include emergent nations like Poland for their war with Russia a bit after. I believe I read somewhere that the max number of nations you can add before they go off the sheet goes off the screen is 32? I may be wrong, but it'd be best to knock that number down by four to like 28 so people in the lower branches can pick nations like the United States that sit at the very bottom.

Just a few ideas. Whether they have place or not, that's not for me to decide.

Patrician

Yeah the flag pack we used has a ton of flags in there, only one thats really missing is Lithuania.

Japan isn't in the campaign map, I'm just saying that there is a line in the uniforms custom colors portion directly referencing Japan along with Japanese, Albanian, Nazi Germany flags and a bit more.

I don't want Japan available for campaign, just custom battle. World War I wasn't simply a Pan-European (though, it can certainly feel like it). It was a World War. Nations like Japan could be added as Portuguese Rebels as they can't be used to make new nations anyways and they wouldn't go to waste. As B-Dizl said, he added new rebels already in Germany (two in particular). Rebels that aren't used in Vanilla aside from being a place holder are Scandinavian Rebels, Greek Rebels, Ottoman Rebels (though they may actually be used for the Egypt campaign), and Dutch Rebels.

Then there are also the Italian Campaign, Spanish Campaign, Egypt Campaign, and Tutorial Campaign nations. The Spanish and Egyptian Campaign might want to be avoided in case they ever decide to merge this mod with a Spanish Civil War mod and/or include Lawrence of Arabia. Buuuuuuut, that still leaves the Tutorial and Italian campaign which leaves 12 nations available to rework into other nations like Japan (maybe China too, now that I think of it but the voice acting would be tough to come across) and the Tutorial adds four more.

As far as I can tell, the uniforms itself can just use the German Militia cap with a different texture or the peaked cap. Not too sure what they wore then, but I have an idea. The bigger issue would be adding a new skin type for the Orient as well as including voices.

Another thing in custom battle that bothers me is that they're only two neutral factions. I know, it's WWI and folks who are to the side of the fighting shouldn't be involved in the first place, but I think more the merrier. Maybe include emergent nations like Poland for their war with Russia a bit after. I believe I read somewhere that the max number of nations you can add before they go off the sheet goes off the screen is 32? I may be wrong, but it'd be best to knock that number down by four to like 28 so people in the lower branches can pick nations like the United States that sit at the very bottom.

Just a few ideas. Whether they have place or not, that's not for me to decide.
    Ok just wonder how Japan was mentioned thats all

Yeah the flag pack we used has a ton of flags in there, only one thats really missing is Lithuania.
    So, does that mean that in a future update, there is a chance that there will be a Japanese faction included in Custom Battle? Maybe a new map or two representing the Singapore Mutiny or Shadong? Also, any sign that an Albanian unit will be added to Austria?

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

After quite some time into playtesting it finally happened. Playing as A-H, i have Germany lagging on every end turn, for the last 20 turns probably. And i am around turn 70. Also, you will be happy to know that, in no less than 20 turns, through research or buying out, i am gonna have all the technologies researched. And that the "tank-disappear-after-battle" bug is alive and kicking. Probably should be playing the game with higher unit size, but if you had this **** i have for PC, you'd decrease the size as well.

Patrician

Is fog of war disabled or enabled when the turn lag happens? Are there tons of armies walking around?

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

FoW is by definition disabled so i see all. And yeah, there is a of 1-2 unit stacks around cities. The average is 1-2 full stacks with a dozen satellites of one-unit stacks. No idea why.

On turn 83, i will have everything researched. And it's still mid 1917. I bought the majority of the technologies. Russia is falling apart, i don't have to play the battles anymore, i just press auto-resolve. Italy has a few full stacks left, but with two regions only, they are as good as dead now. The strange thing is that i cannot build ANY units in Vienna. No choice to train units, no infantry, no cannon, no cavalry.... nothing. Really nothing.

VSC24's Avatar Libertus

I think I can shed some light on the issue with Vienna. Do you have your military building upgraded to the max? The final forms of certain buildings wont allow you to train units any longer. Has yet to be resolved.