Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War VI

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: Update Pending --- Looking for Playtesters!

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    You know, I have a question sorta branching out from this gentleman's interests in Czechoslovakia and the Baltic states. He referred to Czechoslovakia as the Czech Republic, but that wasn't even a thing until a bit more recently. However, it was a republic. So, will emergent states automatically be republics or will they emerge as Absolute Monarchies as vanilla has sorted out.
    All gov types are vanilla, I tried a few times to change gov type with no success. When i reached out for help i was told it is pretty much impossible to change so im not going to focus on that ATM.

If anyone knows of a way please let me know because i would love to have gov types be more accurate.

Best Republic of Czechoslovakia is obviously a lack of republic.

jockey34's Avatar Laetus

I do apologize for referring Czechoslovakia as the "Czech republic" I do understand during the world war 1 and 2 it was not refereed as a republic, and i refer the Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania because they are the Baltic states, but i do think its impossible for them to become the Baltic states in napoleon.

Btw im still open for phase 2 (sorry for begging im a big fan as you see)

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by jockey34 View Post
    I do apologize for referring Czechoslovakia as the "Czech republic" I do understand during the world war 1 and 2 it was not refereed as a republic, and i refer the Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania because they are the Baltic states, but i do think its impossible for them to become the Baltic states in napoleon.

Yeah for sure man, im going to try to get it all together this weekend (i have the next 2 days off) so ill include you in the phase 2 testing

This might have been requested before, but is it possible to lower the firing sounds for rifles? I forgot how loud it really was when zoomed in, and the volume of it compared to others even on half is deafening.

Didn't mean to come off as "bashing" you over that, I just figured you couldn't spell Czechoslovakia. But, I knew what you meant and I'm sure others did too. No harm, no foul.

jockey34's Avatar Laetus

Do not get me wrong i do know how to pronounce Czechoslovakia and spell it, i just prefer it as the Czech Republic. So don't worry.

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

Quick 2 questions
    1. Is there any possibility of adding Zera's sounds to the next version? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...a-s_Sound_v5-0

2. Has anything been achieved with trenches e.g. getting them to spawn on both sides of a unit ect?

Good luck, love the work your doing.

NO Slovenia???

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

If there was a Slovenian region, you think there wouldn't be a Slovenian faction? Problem is that there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by stevieshae View Post
    NO Slovenia???
    What Comnenus said. No Albania, either (though I do believe the flag for Albania is in the game files iirc).

Patrician

Default Re: Phase 2 Eminent--- Looking for Playtesters!

Phase 2 will most likely be sent out this weekend(or maybe sometime this week).

Since this part of the update features the most changes more playtesters will be welcome.

Since this update seems to add to the minor nations through new emergent factions, I think it would be appropriate for me to voice my opinion that every faction should have the ability to make tanks, eventually. By the time a minor faction could actually get the technology to do it (in the 1920s), it would make historical sense. Poland, for example, used tanks in its 1919-1921 war against the Soviet Union. It would also make it more fun to to play as a minor faction and try to become strong nation.

Also, I don't know if this has been an issue for anyone else, but in one of my campaigns in the newest version I found out there are buildings that reduce recruitment costs by a percentage. I ended up with a lot of these buildings and that allowed me to have free units.

jockey34's Avatar Laetus

Hey I don't want to bother you but I want to make a stratpos mod for the update. Since you made me a beta tester which I'm grateful for I wanted to pay you back, are there any threads to show how to make one?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Blodheafodban View Post
    Since this update seems to add to the minor nations through new emergent factions, I think it would be appropriate for me to voice my opinion that every faction should have the ability to make tanks, eventually. By the time a minor faction could actually get the technology to do it (in the 1920s), it would make historical sense. Poland, for example, used tanks in its 1919-1921 war against the Soviet Union. It would also make it more fun to to play as a minor faction and try to become strong nation.

Also, I don't know if this has been an issue for anyone else, but in one of my campaigns in the newest version I found out there are buildings that reduce recruitment costs by a percentage. I ended up with a lot of these buildings and that allowed me to have free units.
    I agree about the tanks actually, i wasnt aware they couldnt get tanks at all so ill look into it.

The recruitment cost reduction buildings where an attempt to make the campaign economy work a bit better but with the new changes they have become unnecessary so ill look into removing them.

Hey I don't want to bother you but I want to make a stratpos mod for the update. Since you made me a beta tester which I'm grateful for I wanted to pay you back, are there any threads to show how to make one?
    What type of startpos mod are you thinking of doing?

I haven't been so excited for something this much since Skyrim was announced. And, of course, this isn't a AAA release so I'll have to hype it up myself as if it were a standalone game.

jockey34's Avatar Laetus

I was thinking for the emergent mods. Like i said back a few weeks ago that i wanted to play as Latvia and Czechoslovakia, I wanted to make a emergent stratpos so i can play as Latvia and all of the emergent in the update and release it to the public.

Patrician

I was thinking for the emergent mods. Like i said back a few weeks ago that i wanted to play as Latvia and Czechoslovakia, I wanted to make a emergent stratpos so i can play as Latvia and all of the emergent in the update and release it to the public.
    Ok that shouldnt be too difficult. Heres the tutorial i used to learn everything i know about startpos editing:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-modifications

You can use the new startpos of course and just change the region ownership like it shows in the tutorial.

jockey34's Avatar Laetus

Thanks! By the way cannot wait to get the files so I can begin testing! I can garuntee your hard work will pay off!

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Phase 2 will most likely be sent out this weekend(or maybe sometime this week).

Since this part of the update features the most changes more playtesters will be welcome.
    You mean it's ready already?