Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War VI

Default Re: Phase 2 Launched --- PMs Have Been Sent

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Spain can be really fun and is the next most important faction after Italy IMO.

Working on Phase 3 right now, which includes some fixes, some tweaks and alot of scripting
    I remember when you were "just" a modeler

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    That will require total neutrality on my behalf and giving loans to governments.

Sounds 'mazing.
    Not quite, you can't give loans. But enjoy the neutrality and pixelated chocolate.

(Or try Spain).

RNV's Avatar Campidoctor
    Regio Septima, Tuscia, Italia, Res Publica Romana

Default Re: Phase 3 Loading

Is it normal that on hard difficulty Italy declares war on me ( with historical script enabled) no matter wich country I play as? It happened to me in 6 different games with Greece, Romania and Serbia.
    Also for now no serious issues as Greece after 2 in game years, except italian doomstack near Athens with Italy in the Entente. Germany and Austria are passive.

Default Re: Phase 2 Launched --- PMs Have Been Sent

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    <...>
    Not quite, you can't give loans. But enjoy the neutrality and pixelated chocolate.

(Or try Spain).
    Due to game mechanics Spain has indeed more of an importance than Switzerland. The later is just that region that Italy captures in early 1915.

Or someone could try to reproduce the historical reality where Switzerland's neutrality was enforced by it having one of the biggest army amongst minor nations in the current game. Stereotypes about banks, chocolate and all that might be the reason people have a hard time believing that the Swiss Army in 1914 was bigger than those of Spain, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden or Norway.

Well, game mechanics can be silly sometimes. It's funny to see Denmark with its tiny historical army size of 58'000 men (and that was the max it managed to mobilize during the war) become a powerhouse in the north thanks to Copenhagen's multiple building slots, while Serbia (420'500 men in 1914) and Switzerland (450'000 men in 1914) slowly spawn a militia every other month.
    “a poor model can be saved by a great texture, but a bad texture will ruin even the most detailed model. - James O'Donnell, Forgotten Hope mod artist

I'm fond of Switzerland simply because of how unimportant they are despite always being on the sidelines. The most neutral nation is the best nation ever.

At least, the funnest.

Ignoring that, I tend to play as Spain and I was a bit disheartened when I discovered it was downgraded to a minor nation. :c

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I'll look into nerfing Denmark and buffing Serbia and Switzerland then...

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    Ignoring that, I tend to play as Spain and I was a bit disheartened when I discovered it was downgraded to a minor nation. :c
    Since when? That shouldn't be, we treated Spain in all respects as a major... (notice that it has faction-specific units).

Quote Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
    Or someone could try to reproduce the historical reality where Switzerland's neutrality was enforced by it having one of the biggest army amongst minor nations in the current game. Stereotypes about banks, chocolate and all that might be the reason people have a hard time believing that the Swiss Army in 1914 was bigger than those of Spain, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden or Norway
    Thanks for enlightening us, but that's a bit cynical. Population difference is reason enough to be surprised at the fact.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    I remember when you were "just" a modeler

(Or try Spain).
    Haha I know right? Im on a slow journey to learn everything needed to make a game

Quote Originally Posted by RNV View Post
    Is it normal that on hard difficulty Italy declares war on me ( with historical script enabled) no matter wich country I play as? It happened to me in 6 different games with Greece, Romania and Serbia.
    Also for now no serious issues as Greece after 2 in game years, except italian doomstack near Athens with Italy in the Entente. Germany and Austria are passive.
    That is a bit odd although usually italy is against the human player no matter what side they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
    Due to game mechanics Spain has indeed more of an importance than Switzerland. The later is just that region that Italy captures in early 1915.

Or someone could try to reproduce the historical reality where Switzerland's neutrality was enforced by it having one of the biggest army amongst minor nations in the current game. Stereotypes about banks, chocolate and all that might be the reason people have a hard time believing that the Swiss Army in 1914 was bigger than those of Spain, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden or Norway.

Well, game mechanics can be silly sometimes. It's funny to see Denmark with its tiny historical army size of 58'000 men (and that was the max it managed to mobilize during the war) become a powerhouse in the north thanks to Copenhagen's multiple building slots, while Serbia (420'500 men in 1914) and Switzerland (450'000 men in 1914) slowly spawn a militia every other month.
    I actually like the idea of a stronger Switzerland, along with what THK does im going to increase their region wealth and give them a bit of a starting army because i would like them to be more than "just that region that Italy captures in early 1915" (hilarious but true atm).

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

There is a thing, which probably is a problem by the CAI or something... during late game (after 70-80 turns let's say, which i wouldn't exactly call "late" but anyways) there is a trend for factions to sue for peace between them and start ganging up on the human player. One by one, alliances break and all factions jump on the "let's destroy human player" bandwagon, irregardless just how many regions you got, or what level of economy, what government type, military might or previous relations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    buffing Switzerland
    They shall rue the day we waited in the shadows only to emerge as the final conqueror of all Europe...

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    There is a thing, which probably is a problem by the CAI or something... during late game (after 70-80 turns let's say, which i wouldn't exactly call "late" but anyways) there is a trend for factions to sue for peace between them and start ganging up on the human player. One by one, alliances break and all factions jump on the "let's destroy human player" bandwagon, irregardless just how many regions you got, or what level of economy, what government type, military might or previous relations.
    Thats no good, i wonder if its script related...

So i did a quick buff of Switzerland, gave them a college on the town that was a lumber yard, changed admin building to barracks and gave them a modest starting army. Also increased the region wealth a bit. That should help

Switzerland is an absolute monarchy in my campaign, since we're on the topic. A mistake, surely?!

Quote Originally Posted by Blodheafodban View Post
    Switzerland is an absolute monarchy in my campaign, since we're on the topic. A mistake, surely?!
    Switzerland defines "Absolute"

It's intentional. Many fear the absolute power of the country irl, so they weren't invaded during the First World War from fear of total devastation and brutal savagery renowned in broken Swiss neutrality.

That might explain Switzerland, lol, but actually a lot of minor nations are absolute monarchies I noticed. Makes me sad because as Republican Italy I should get a lot of minor nations liking me for being the same government type, but they hate me for not being monarchy :<

On the plus side, I notice Britain is actually supporting France for once.

Patrician

On the plus side, I notice Britain is actually supporting France for once.
    What did they do?

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    What did they do?
    I see a bunch of British stacks tromping all over France.

Patrician

Whaaaa!?!?!?! Can you post some screens of that?

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

I see a bunch of British stacks tromping all over France.
    'xactly. Pics or it never happened.

When I posted that it looked like they were fighting Germans, but I guess they're really just walking through France to head south and fight Spain, because Spain declared war on Britain.

http://i.imgur.com/fvXrFBJ.png

Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

When I played as Russia Soviet Union I noticed Germany just walked right over the other russian Rebel factions to attack me is that supposed to happen

Patrician

When I posted that it looked like they were fighting Germans, but I guess they're really just walking through France to head south and fight Spain, because Spain declared war on Britain.

http://i.imgur.com/fvXrFBJ.png
    Either way its nice to see Britain doing anything really

Quote Originally Posted by Curtizmo323 View Post
    When I played as Russia Soviet Union I noticed Germany just walked right over the other russian Rebel factions to attack me is that supposed to happen

The emergent nations mostly likely asked for peace from Germany as they are at war with you and Germany must have accepted. It makes since really as Germany can now take you out then go after the emergents one by one.

So were you doing the Soviet challenge here i assume?