Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager

Default Re: Mod Manager

I can confirm after reinstalling Attila that the mod manager is no longer working with Attila

antares24's Avatar Campidoctor

not working for me too...... damn the only thing that i hate about steam is that you are forced to update games. I had a wonderful campaign and was using a tons of mods and now i don't know if i will be able to still play it..
    Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

Same problem here...i would know how to start the mods in a load order without this manager

okay i found out how:

Renamed my mods in alphabetical or numerical order and then load through the game's launcher solved it

dear sir,i install empire total war in F:,how can i open my mod because when i opened the mod manager,it said unable to locate data directory at game path.And when i set game directory it said the empire.exe not found in that directory.Plese help me sir,tks and res

Slashas's Avatar Miles

I have a feeling this is not the mod managers fault, but the official launcher being wonky!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    I can confirm after reinstalling Attila that the mod manager is no longer working with Attila
    Seconded problem is I don't have games mods manager either

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    double post..please remove

Quote Originally Posted by minos123 View Post
    okay i found out how:

Renamed my mods in alphabetical or numerical order and then load through the game's launcher solved it
    Might sound stupid question, but will the mods still be automatically get updated?

Thank you, very much

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    Might sound stupid question, but will the mods still be automatically get updated?

Thank you, very much
    Yes, but you'll have to rename them each time they're updated, since Steam will re-download the file when it's updated (and when you launch the game).

It seems the source code is a bit outdated. Is there any chance at all that someone (or .Mitch. if he sees this) is able to push up the latest source? Sad that it seems to have been broken by the latest game update.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

since Mitch isn't working on this because of known reasons wonder who will continue to this project.

Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem with the launcher, whenever I use it to launch Attila, I get a steam pop up that says "Allow Total War: ATTILA to launch with the optional command line "1". There are "OK" and "Cancel" options, pressing OK brings me to the TW Launcher, and pressing cancel just causes nothing to launch, now is where my issue comes in, regardless of whether or not I have any mods enabled, when I try to launch the game nothing happens, steam stops responding for a few seconds, up to a minute, then just resumes working, and Attila doesn't launch, is this a known issue? Is there any way I can fix it?

Read up a few posts, sadly misery loves company

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

I had been away from Dei to allow the patch 17 flail to resolve, but like all herein know, Mitch's mod manager never came back to life. There is a thread in Dei about mod load order after patch 17 that is very helpful. I was dreading attempting to use the much less flexible Steam mod manager, but after trying the formula of alphabetizing the desired mods, it worked first time I tried it. All my mods got in, in proper order and work fine.
    Here's the Dei thread link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...oblem-patch-17
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post

Thank you, very much
    One does not simply subscribe to Steam

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

None of my mods are Steam mods. In order to activate non-Steam mods on the Steam mod manager you just have to check the "enable out of date mods block."
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

-An extra issue, when none mod r shown(Panel Blank) just tick on game > Attila even if already ticked....
    took me couple of minutes to find out
    Last edited by D0MiNuS; September 21, 2015 at 02:12 AM.

I HAVE A WORKAROUND SOLUTION

attila exe reset the file user.script.txt, this is the problem! now:

1- start normaly attila and uncheck al mod from standard MM and close it
    2- start mitch MM and manage your mods
    3- press launch and go away as usual but DO NOT press play on steam
    4- set READONLY the file user.script.txt
    5- now press play on steam and anjoy
    6- after the gaming remove readonly setting from user.script.txt

for the next game session start from point 2

sorry for my inglish

Hi,

I have problems with my Attila total war launcher. The launcher itself crashes very quickly. I cannot even be on time to start the game!
    I tried modmanager, unfortunately this one does not work as well as it should.

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on with the Attila launcher? I even reinstalled the game. I didn't freaking help. I started the .exe as admin. Did not freaking help!

Please tell me what is going on? Nothing seems to work.
    He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination.