Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: GEMFX Update for Attila (v1.0.9)

Default Re: GEMFX Update for Attila (v1.0.8.1)

GemFX stopped working for me seemingly randomly (after a windows update maybe?) for both Attila and Guild Wars 2. The games doesn't crash but instead I do not receive any effects - no trademark Gem symbol at the top part of the screen when Attila is loading.

I tried reinstalling Gem several times with no luck. I even tried to "hotfix" dxgi.dll file that's floating around but that didn't work either.

Interestingly enough, I was able to copy all of Rome 2's files over to Attila's directory and load up gem fine - effects and all - with no issues.

Even more interesting though is that I can't seem to change any settings using the configurator. It says either the configurator does not have write access or is missing files. I'm betting that it is missing files as this version is supposed to be for Rome 2 only!

Anyway - I'm just happy that I get GEM working again with a good preset even if I'm stuck with this one from Rome 2!!

Hello,

this Mod does not work for me even though i did everything that you wrote in the Installation Notes.

im using Windows 7 and updated my Net.Framework and c++ vredists, and using the standart settings in the Gem Configurator, and if i dont have the 64 Bit Application active the Game crashes immediately and when i activate it i dont have any Effect ingame, the Toogle Keys F9 and K also dont work.

When i start Offline Preview in the Configurator it crashes.

i reinstalled it and used the hotfix and it still dont work, pls help me, it works in Rome 2 and i also want to play with it in Attila

Installed and have it running fine but when I turn on my desktop recorder it crashes at start up. Any ideas?

this mod doesn't work for me either tried pretty much everything - read practically whole thread

settings with MLAA, SSOA, with and without By-Pass UI, 64bit, compatibility etc. and nothing works

keystrokes dont work either

log
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [01:37:42] Welcome - GEMFX is preparing for 32bit application
    [01:37:42] Running on compatibility mode
    [01:37:42] Running on compatibility mode
    [01:37:42] Hooking SwapChain found at 'C:\Windows\system32\dxgi.dll'
    [01:37:42] Hooking Device found at 'C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll'
    [01:37:42] GEMFX successfully hooked onto 'attila.exe'
    [01:37:42] Init Factory-1 hook
    [01:37:42] Factory-1 hook successful
    [01:37:42] Feature Level: 00009300
    [01:37:42] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [01:37:42] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [01:37:42] Feature Level: 00009300
    [01:37:42] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [01:37:42] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [01:37:43] Feature Level: 00009100
    [01:37:43] Enabled Multi-Thread Device
    [01:37:43] Hooked onto Device and SwapChain successfully
    [01:40:04] Thank you for using GEMFX!
    [01:40:04] GEMFX successfully un-hooked from 'attila.exe'
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Yea it crashes on start up, I thought I did something wrong with replacing whatever .dll file but I figured it out and double checked and it still crashes.

OP has been MIA for quite a while now. Here are the Gem files that work for me in Attila (plus a great preset in general):

https://mega.co.nz/#!OoYRDRSJ!Xi8kbC...qMiwY6irmbh48w

Just copy these files into your Attila directory.

I haven't been able to tweak any of the setting but this preset is pretty good as it. I usually just increase the brightness a little within the game itself if need be.

My original post on this is not that far up but for the lazy:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    GemFX stopped working for me seemingly randomly (after a windows update maybe?) for both Attila and Guild Wars 2. The games doesn't crash but instead I do not receive any effects - no trademark Gem symbol at the top part of the screen when Attila is loading.

I tried reinstalling Gem several times with no luck. I even tried to "hotfix" dxgi.dll file that's floating around but that didn't work either.

Interestingly enough, I was able to copy all of Rome 2's files over to Attila's directory and load up gem fine - effects and all - with no issues.

Even more interesting though is that I can't seem to change any settings using the configurator. It says either the configurator does not have write access or is missing files. I'm betting that it is missing files as this version is supposed to be for Rome 2 only!

Anyway - I'm just happy that I get GEM working again with a good preset even if I'm stuck with this one from Rome 2!!

Enjoy!!

I need help, im pretty new to this.

What do I have to download and from where?
    And what do I do next to get this installed?

Thanks!

Why is this on the front page all of a sudden? It is still broken for a lot of users and the creator is AFK according to the forums here.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    Why is this on the front page all of a sudden? It is still broken for a lot of users and the creator is AFK according to the forums here.
    Yeah I am similarly confused. Doesn't look as though the mod's been updated since early March.

does not work..just crashes the game. cannot even play with this one installed...without it game plays

It simply doesn't work, I think GEM needs an update.

Here is workable alternative to this mod. Easy to install and easy to use: Reshade with Framework, no idea how it actually works, I just bumped into it. It is a beta version, so sometimes you run into little hick ups, had the blue crash screen once, but that was it. It’s quite stable.

1: Download the following files here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qy...h+Framework.7z

2: Extract that into a folder on your desktop, I named it simply Reshade. Tried installing it into game /data folder, but for some reason that did not work.

3: Double click the Framework Mediator in your folder, a menu pops up. Go to Reshade setup, add a game profile by going to your Attila.exe file, double click, then hit confirm.

4: Choose open GL, Direct 3D9 or 3D10/11 depending on your system.

5 In the top left there is a tab Effect Ordering, where you can choose the colors and affects you prefer. The number of combinations is overwhelming, sort of like Instagram. It’s a bit bugged, you have fiddle every now and then. Sometimes you select a whole bunch of effects while trying to click on one. Just deselect them all and start again.

6: Minimize the Framework menu to tray. You’re done. You have to activate the Framework mediator every time before launching the game. No need to select your game profile again.

7: Start up the game. In case you get all sort of weird and psychedelic and blurred views after launching the game, impossible to distinguish anything, quit the game and replace the SweetFX preferences file. You can find that in the folder you just created: Desktop/reshade/reshade

Either alter it manually if you know how to or replace by another you can lay hands on from the internet: Here is a good one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ca.../MySweetFx.rar

That will give you a good start. You can then alter the preferences after that as described in step 5.

In the other tabs common/CustomFX/GemFx/McFx/SweetFx you can alter the effects themselves, according to preference.

That's about it. It's an amazing tool.

Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat1990 View Post
    Yea it crashes on start up, I thought I did something wrong with replacing whatever .dll file but I figured it out and double checked and it still crashes.
    Works for me!! Thanks a lot

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Yes, Reshade (www.reshade.me) is the way to go, and appears to be the future of GEM as part of a broader package - and it's own origins. It's a pity the author doesn't close this thread off gracefully, but his work continues at Reshade, and remains valuable and very much appreciated.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    Yes, Reshade (www.reshade.me) is the way to go, and appears to be the future of GEM as part of a broader package - and it's own origins. It's a pity the author doesn't close this thread off gracefully, but his work continues at Reshade, and remains valuable and very much appreciated.
    Did someone die my friend?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14633812

Will posts some more news soon and I do hope you enjoy the ReShade Framework too

Hi! I tried to run GEM on Windows 8.1, but i couldn t do it. Then i open GEM configurator i saw such message in the black window - "The has not required access rights or required files are missing".

yup, same for me on windows 8.1, it just won't in any way

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Did someone die my friend?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14633812

Will posts some more news soon and I do hope you enjoy the ReShade Framework too
    There you are! I'm sure everyone will be pleased to hear from you.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Very well, then check out the update here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Version-1-0-9

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Very well, then check out the update here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Version-1-0-9
    Perhaps you may put a link to a working download? Mediafire is a terrible site, and your work is unavailable there, most of the time.