Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.5 Fix Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    If you want see faster result, start the new game using normal version, fresh is always better, using old save game , will take time for AI to rebuild his strengh. Think the old save game like patient with cancer already spread entire his body. Medicine will help it recover overtime but will not miraculous recover AI right away, unless the Mod provided cheat + 100.000 gold for each faction. Then Suddenly in less then 10 turn you wil see every faction massing troop. But that clearly cheating and my mod never provided that cheat.

Lets take simple case :

There are 2 man giving vitamin C, one is healthy, the other is sick. Logicaly speaking the healthy one using vitamin will grow more strong , while the sick man will recover into healthy overtime. But the sick man will never beat the healthy since he need recover first.

Just think my mod is vitamin
    Well i started a new one, and the enemy has much more troops indeed. But they still hardly ever attack me

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

You load the mod in top order right ? What faction you play , how many turn in game , what imperium level you now, since the bigger the imperium the more penalty in diplomacy you get. Also as you know my friend , AI in this mod not progammed to lauch invasion solely toward player, since i already disable it. Trust me if i active that, each couple turn random faction will selected to war with you, and that realy not unpleasant situation.

AI will attack you, but they will act only when its benefit them, first why they attack you if there are more strategic benefit location to plunder first, also what now they current status diplomacy, did they already to much enemy to fight for ? Is there enemy AI that also sent troop toward his land right now, so expansion is not possible ?

Last time i play Franks i dead on turn 18. Normaly if my prediction right under 30 turn, human player that simply dont expand or build strong treaty mostly not survive.AI already have troop is already good sign, they only need target. If you realy want to see it more faster , just save game first, and declare war to any faction that have close region with you.

If your current enemy is horde faction, please remember horde faction have missing task element. That what i working now. For starter they format to attack enemy Settlement. But they not specifly have task to eliminate Human settlement. Also the Horde that rely Cavalry as main power, simply to much horse in army, and that cause siege problem, where the AI realy dont want to siege, compare to faction or horde that use lot of land units.The bad news you need fresh game on version 2.6 so some faction will recruit correct unit from starter, like Hun. If not you may use old save game, but unless AI depleted its unit, they will never disband any unit they recruit. So you will stuck with old AI army composition. The good news, i already finish the main works and now moved to testing phase. Maybe today maybe tommorrow i release the new version, depend on result did it satisfied me.

Just try to be patience, this mod also still under development, nor the game is also unpatched. Remember this is not game with 16 patch. So you cant expect smooth sailing on Campaign on first ride. Heck even Rome 2 after 1 years patch, AI in vanilla still passive. The easy way to compare is by playing vanilla version then playing with modded version.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 01, 2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

You always takes your time to reply in a very informativ manner, cheers mate. Yes your mod loads first. I play the Geats on hard, i conquered whole scandianavia and the angles. My territory is next to the franks whos rank 4 on strength and im in war with. They have like 4 armies to the sea just outside scandinavia and have stayed there for about 5 turns. They have never crossed my border on land. I have only garrisoned 2 towns as thats all that i can afford as defence while im battling it out in Britannia, still nothing. For fun, since i love town battles and defending my towns with underdog armies i declared war on the burgundians, longobards, saxons and the factions close to my lands. Zero attack against my towns. Im on 50th turn or something. It seems like all i do is complain :p, but thats not the case..ive allready seen some great changes on the CAI and i would't play without this mod for a second. I just wonder if im doing something wrong here? I am gettin pretty powerful, but that was what v2.5 would deal with right? Anyways, keep up the amazing job and much better than Creative are doin on the CAI.

You mean 2.5 fix edition right, since there are 2 version of 2.5, the old and the new one (fix) but tommorow 2.6 will be out. Honestly looking from your situation the CAI should attack you, and 50 turn still zero attack againt yours town, that realy raise more question. What the AI doing ? Care to send your save game to me mate ? So i also can use it as testing ground.I quite dont understand the problem since i do play couple campaign and every one of them i will get my town attacked by multiple enemy, if not how can i put some nice screenshot on main page.

The most trouble some of AI is despite he do have army like you said, and even i already order them to siege settlement, they simply not doing 100 %. Back in rome 2 its very easy since as far as i know CAI always looking on settlement. Maybe its bug from C.A itself, CAI dont have tech ? i pretty sure they got high enough. CAI dont have money and building. Normal version already provided it. CAI is passive, not i also already setting it into aggresive, you can look on diplomacy screen. Task job not clear for CAI ? Impossible since its same working recipe that work for Better aggresive cai for Rome 2, same table, same function, only add couple upgrade.

You have every right to complain if under 50 turn you not get invaded by AI, despite all the neccessary tool he have. Let me use your save game as testing ground, is there another mod you also use ? Radious ?

Hmm just some favour, how about you try some little testing experiment, not realy much , just play same faction under 25 - 30 turn. Using this order

1. Better AI 2.5 Fix (normal edition) + Vanilla
    2. Better AI 2.5 Fix + radious

Then les you compare it, which one more better.If the 1 option give you more enjoyable experience then 2 option. There there are something wrong on Radious mod, if not then both the mod is working, there is no use test vanilla since we already know for sure the result

The screenshot i use for main page using vanilla + better AI (normal). Since you tell me that use you combined mod. Despite the mod manager that say no conflict, both my mod and radious share couple of CAI tables and some important table. Maybe the merge result bad. But before we reach any conclusion we should test it first.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 01, 2015 at 04:18 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

campaignt setup
    Faction : Danes
    Campaign/Battle difficulty : VH/N
    Mod : V.2.5 fix normal version
    been playing for 82 turn now as danes.. and i'm realy bussy defending my island dont have chance to expand yet, all the brits, ERE, WRE, saxon, frank and few minor factions from the south are declare war on me and they keep sending wave after wave army, the only thing that make me stand till now is becuz the AI realy dumb sending their army accross the sea without any navy protection, so they became easy target for my Admirals.

So far this mod has gave me great chalange with "EXTREME" difficulty level .. good job mate

didnt found any bug yet, will report asap if found.. waiting for v.2.6 release. thx.

ay lap yu gaann ... nyahahahah...

Ummm im not sure but AI never Ambushed me... Im new to attila and only been playing as Huns. and didnt countered with romians yet.. but i do believe other european factions can ambush right? do they even ambush in vanilla?

Wajar lah gan, namanya juga AI tetep aja gak menang lawan kelicikan umat manusia , itu proporsi kekuatan land vs sea di laut 1:3 settingan dari vanilla sendiri, kalo gua jahil gua set 1 : 1, pasti tewas juragan , cuma kan ruin gameplaynya buat apa bikin navy, kalo keok lawan transport ship.

Is there another people that use combined mod like Better aggresive AI + Radious mod and suffer the bug like :
    - AI suddenly passive, never even have bother attack your town under 50 turn
    - AI enemy never cross your border, even go inside your teritory
    - AI land unit stay float permanent in Sea

Is there another people that use combined mod like Better aggresive AI + Radious mod and suffer the bug like :
    - AI suddenly passive, never even have bother attack your town under 50 turn
    - AI enemy never cross your border, even go inside your teritory
    - AI land unit stay float permanent in Sea
    ummm currently enemy are avoiding me. Maybe because im Huns and on the Desolate land mostly with 2 full stacks each. Im already 100 turns with 12tpy mod(and many including radious).

Interesting case, some mod alter unit movement, reduced into half, quater or whatever, the current AI i hear from Sir Jin, simply cant continue what he should do, for example,If Shogun 2 or Rome 2 current CAI think they should attack XXX city with 5 turn, they will keep going to reach it. While CAI in Attila according Sir Jin, simply cant focus, render them half heart attacking you. If any of you use combined mod, i strongly suggest try have some little experiment, in order to find did using Combined mod actualy give you better experince then simply using Better AI + Vanilla

Lets set up
    Faction : Whatever you like
    Difficulty : Whatever you like
    Turn need : Just play end turn until you hit turn 25 or 30

Then compare the result using
    1.Vanilla + Better Aggresive CAI (normal)
    2.Other mod + Better Aggresive CAI

Now if actualy the 1 option beat the 2 option, that you should raise red flag, since there must be something wrong on the other mod, that reduce Campaign AI performance.
    Happy testing everyone, i hope any of you using this mod can run this short experiment. The more feedback you give, the bigger chance i can continue polish this mod.

http://www.speedyshare.com/pW86e/auto-save.save - Thats my savefile. Im gonna start a new campagin now with Radious OFF and see if they get more aggressive . I have a lots of other mods running, but theyre just homemade, mostly variantmesh and other unit / flagh / and faction name changes.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.6 Edition

Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.6 Now released , go enjoy the latest update of my work, read the change log for more info

http://www.speedyshare.com/pW86e/auto-save.save - Thats my savefile. Im gonna start a new campagin now with Radious OFF and see if they get more aggressive . I have a lots of other mods running, but theyre just homemade, mostly variantmesh and other unit / flagh / and faction name changes.
    This save game using radious right ? I will check it right away. I already try some simple test on V 2.6 (normal) + Vanilla using Eastern Roman Empire. And believe or not almost every turn start from 1 my settlement get ransacked by AI. Just see it yourself. If i dont do anything under first 10 turn,Just end turn without do anything Eastern Rome Empire is only history.Usually you can do end turn and mostly AI will not react to much. Now its different, from Middle East to the heart of Constatine, its became war zone. First the AI sack your settlement, then after he finish, he siege again to do final raze, ensuring nothing left only "Ash" of your kingdom.

Seem the AI now dont hesitate to siege, either its horde nor faction. Enjoy the latest mod version
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 02, 2015 at 05:24 AM.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.6 Edition (Where CAI Finally Awaken from his Slumber)

Using that save game, i run short test only 1 x end turn after the save game, well the AI did attack your city

Better AI (normal) 2.6 + Radious

Seem got Visitor, then i repel it and succed using auto resolve

Not waste any time another AI send his army to attack, to my suprise i got "heroic Victory" Using auto resolve

Better AI (normal) 2.6 + Vanilla

Same region but with difference outcome, I dont survive using auto resolve

Lets take another case, same turn after first save game end turn

Better AI 2.6 (normal) + Radious

I win on auto resolve with "close victory", tough luck maybe

Better AI (normal) + Vanilla

Interesting thing AI do bring more larger army,coincidence ? But I lose terribly when i auto resolve things.

Conclusion : Seem using vanilla more favorable toward AI , while on radious mod tend to benefit on player side. Maybe the problem lies on auto resolve things. While my mod dont touch auto resolve aspect. Radious does its seem, perhaps its also effect how the AI judge somethings. This is my reseach using your save game , before i want to play Dota for awhile

From my experience, since AI calculate his move using Auto resolve, the less result he get , the less eager and passive AI will do, since AI dont see any possibilities to Win. So any mod that get auto resolve more favourable toward human players, will get attacked less, mostly.

Anyone can also doing same reseach so we can share and compare the result. And please remember we dont say using xxx mod is bad, what we do here is just check, if this mod combined with other mod how its gonna affect ? Is it more good or just worse . Share your feedback everyone
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 02, 2015 at 08:13 AM.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.6 Edition (Where CAI Finally Awaken from his Slumber)

After started a new campagin, i can conclude that radious s up your mod. Without it the AI now seems hungry for my lands ! I could't understand this as i found no conflicts in the 2 mods, but guess the problem was as you say, AI calculating hes move towards autoresult. Radious -> DELETED, let the horror begin . Thank you mate!

Quote Originally Posted by ithrian View Post
    After started a new campagin, i can conclude that radious s up your mod. Without it the AI now seems hungry for my lands ! I could't understand this as i found no conflicts in the 2 mods, but guess the problem was as you say, AI calculating hes move towards autoresult. Radious -> DELETED, let the horror begin . Thank you mate!
    Enjoy the horror campaign ,mate

Radious messes up even if i load your mod before it?
    You know which files i need to delete inside Radious pack to get rid of that auto resolve thing?

wih Ganteng Bro! skrg main total war bener2 harus mikir

Dont know Sir Jin, last time i check its seem on campaign_variables_tables, also , you may consider to delete the campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables, seem to many bonus for AI and player, no wonder you guys can became quick rich, damn if AI get bonus like this i wonder what kind of horror waiting for you guys.

Maybe i should create the hard version using Sir Radious campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables effect, seem epic journey. If someone say normal is Extreme then what is hard version ? Godlike perhaps , where the AI is so buffed and smart . Give the AI each faction capable to recruit 5 stack as starter under 15 turn. And they will start Total War.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 02, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Btw i'm honored when you say "Sir Jin". Nobody ever said that to me . Here in Finland we only use "rude" way to talk to the people. We call total strangers by first name also.

If we can polite why we need to rude Sir Jin , dont we live in 20 century right
    Unless somebody dont respect our politeness, then we show our "rudeness" card

Quote Originally Posted by nazekizz View Post
    wih Ganteng Bro! skrg main total war bener2 harus mikir
    Yang versi buat Rome 2 juga ada, check aja di pejawan, ada kok linknya. Selamat maen ya juragan, semoga terhibur
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 02, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

Conclusion : Seem using vanilla more favorable toward AI , while on radious mod tend to benefit on player side. Maybe the problem lies on auto resolve things. While my mod dont touch auto resolve aspect. Radious does its seem, perhaps its also effect how the AI judge somethings. This is my reseach using your save game , before i want to play Dota for awhile

From my experience, since AI calculate his move using Auto resolve, the less result he get , the less eager and passive AI will do, since AI dont see any possibilities to Win. So any mod that get auto resolve more favourable toward human players, will get attacked less, mostly.

Anyone can also doing same reseach so we can share and compare the result. And please remember we dont say using xxx mod is bad, what we do here is just check, if this mod combined with other mod how its gonna affect ? Is it more good or just worse . Share your feedback everyone
    I think you've completely nailed it there. Auto-resolve. Of course! That's how the AI is calculating its battle results and therefore its decisions on whether to go into battle or not. Someone (maybe me!) needs to make a mod that skews the auto-resolve heavily in the AI's favour... You could include this mod as an optional extra bullet for your game of Russian Roulette