Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.3 (fix) Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ziodaddy888 View Post
    hot fix release plsss .... game always crash during AI - Player transition
    All in good time, will release with new improvement

Quote Originally Posted by King Beowulf View Post
    Quick question, first of all I love the look of this mod but first of all: Does the AI treat the player as it does with all other factions? And second of all: My experience with AI mods in the past isn't...the greatest, I've seen the AI cheat and completely ignore diplomacy going fully aggressive towards the player just because it's the player, so I suppose the second question is: does this mod turn the AI into a player-killing cheating machine or does it simply improve the AI thus making the game harder?

Thanks!
    Q : Does the AI treat the player as it does with all other factions?
    A : Yes, i already disable the value that let ai focus to player only

Q : does this mod turn the AI into a player-killing cheating machine or does it simply improve the AI thus making the game harder?
    A : Yes its make game harder with or without cheat.

Lets dig it more deeper, here screenshoot i taken from vanilla game thanks for save game provided by Sir Herald

Remember what you see is AI vanilla, and that not ship but unit floated on sea notice their number ? See their number is far superior did AI do good with many units in their arsenal ??? No, they just use it as decorate on sea , what my mod does to correct this kind of behaviour turning the AI to use his army whatever his have into greater benefit

You can cheat and give money as much as you want for AI even lets them recruit and maintance army with zero upkeep and cost. Do they do any good ? Nope as long the main behaviour is not fix, the AI will only recruit but never use his Army. Cheat withour proper AI behaviour is Useless !!!

Will post more picture later, as my work progress finish.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 24, 2015 at 05:28 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Thanks for the reply, can't wait to try it out!

Sorry to be a bother again! One last question, which difficulty setting of your mod would put the AI on the same level of bonus' as the vanilla Hard difficulty? Would that be the "very easy and human edition" one or the "very easy" one?

Very easy and human is about right for normal, hard/very hard, it gives the enemy the default buffs but increases their intelligence ten fold, it's the one I'll be using

The other types give the AI more buffs and less army limits plus the intelligence boast, which makes the game even harder, it's a good one to use if you like fighting literal hordes of armies and enjoy a very tough fight.
    Last edited by the herald; February 24, 2015 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Very easy and human is about right for normal, hard/very hard, it gives the enemy the default buffs but increases their intelligence ten fold, it's the one I'll be using

The other types give the AI more buffs and less army limits plus the intelligence boast, which makes the game even harder, it's a good one to use if you like fighting literal hordes of armies and enjoy a very tough fight.

Cheers mate, that'll be the one I'll go for then .

By the way Junaidi, have you read these upcoming patch notes yet? There seem to be some nice AI changes there.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Update

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.4 Edition

Better Aggresive 2.4 now released !!!!

Thank you for your patience and go enjoy the latest version

Little bad news for you , i already try fix the AI weird behaviour on sea, here the result

Before

After

Yes their army finally crawl to land, but after several turn they started going back to sea again, then i came into conclusion either this problem came from :
    1. The CAI code unless the CA AI progammer we cant do jack to cure this
    2. Glitch that stay permanent, in save game, so unless new game to prevent AI doing this , its not cureable

Now just pray the 2 option is the result if not, you guys can pray for C.A next update to fix this , good luck and happy play everyone

I hope tommorow patch will not break this mod, i just barely finish update this mod ,sight ....
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 24, 2015 at 03:01 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Yeah I recall them doing this in Rome 2 until they patched it out, seems like a bug in the AI coding which is a shame. I noticed them rotating in and out endlessly earlier but it seemed to reach silly levels by that point in my game, so many transport fleets. Lets hope CA use my save to find the issue and fix it. When I eventually go east I'll clear them all out with a navy and see what the AI does then.

Gonna download this and begin the fight for my life vs the Huns

EDIT: Diplomacy seems to have a few issues at the moment, none of the bonuses appear to work anymore. Giving money or agreeing treaty no longer seems to improve approval with other factions, eg.

album of it: http://imgur.com/a/EQOjR#0

Everything else appears to be in working order though.
    Last edited by the herald; February 24, 2015 at 08:13 PM.

yes.. i confirm.. diplomay seems got issue..

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Yeah I recall them doing this in Rome 2 until they patched it out, seems like a bug in the AI coding which is a shame. I noticed them rotating in and out endlessly earlier but it seemed to reach silly levels by that point in my game, so many transport fleets. Lets hope CA use my save to find the issue and fix it. When I eventually go east I'll clear them all out with a navy and see what the AI does then.

Gonna download this and begin the fight for my life vs the Huns

EDIT: Diplomacy seems to have a few issues at the moment, none of the bonuses appear to work anymore. Giving money or agreeing treaty no longer seems to improve approval with other factions, eg.

album of it: http://imgur.com/a/EQOjR#0

Everything else appears to be in working order though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziodaddy888 View Post
    yes.. i confirm.. diplomay seems got issue..
    Yes, i try fix it right now, should take couple hours before i able to determine the problem. Sorry again for buggy release, one problem after another

Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.4 Fix Edition now released, its should correct diplomacy bug from previous release

Example

Notice the diplomacy status

Add, little this and little that

Finally, moment of truth

Voila, the gift status is back, and diplomacy value has changed
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 25, 2015 at 06:07 AM.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.4 Fix Edition

Ahaha! You took screenshot of the most stupidly funny line. "I have amulet against, the evil eye!"

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Why do i see 2 mods when i unpacked the archive? __ATTILA_Better_AI_V.2.4_Easy_Edition_CAI.pack , __ATTILA_Better_AI_V.2.4_Easy_Edition.pack, do i put both of them in the data folder or what?

Use one only, if you dont like the mini BAI tweak i do, and wanted only use CAI part only just use the one with CAI, i highly reccomend play with normal version, to ensure more high quality troop in later turn.

The mod dont alter CAI unit recruitment departement, but i only encourage CAI to produce that, by faster the reseach and give them cheaper recruit and upkeep unit cost, so less economic burden, enable them to build better and recruit more high quality troop.

Easy edition you play will only give AI 10 % bonus more cheaper to recruit and maintain army only. There is no crazy income cheat money for AI in any version.By playing the Easy Edition mostly your are on par with CAI on term recruit army. Hope its help
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 25, 2015 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Use one only, if you dont like the mini BAI tweak i do, and wanted only use CAI part only just use the one with CAI, i highly reccomend play with normal version, to ensure more high quality troop in later turn.

The mod dont alter CAI unit recruitment departement, but i only encourage CAI to produce that, by faster the reseach and give them cheaper recruit and upkeep unit cost, so less economic burden, enable them to build better and recruit more high quality troop.

Easy edition you play will only give AI 10 % bonus more cheaper to recruit and maintain army only. There is no crazy income cheat money for AI in any version.By playing the Easy Edition mostly your are on par with CAI on term recruit army. Hope its help
    Wait wait you confused me, so what this mod does for example the "The very easy edition" gives the vanilla AI those extra income and research bonuses right? I mean it doesn't remove any bonuses that they previously had based on what difficulty you played, am i right?

The very easy edition was CAI in almost purest form, with almost no handicap, 5 % difference on unit recruit and upkeep is not big realy,they can only reseach 2 x times faster then human can do, also they dont have any access to army or edict or fleet tweak, basicly they just use whatever vanilla setting provided for them. I recommend this for people who barely play Total War.

The AI already smart enough, giving them money = put more gasoline into fire. Unless you realy are hardcore player that seek beating and trashing from AI,and constanly scrath your head during the gameplay, never touch the Normal edition that my advice.

Remember no matter how smart AI gonna be, they still require money to do daily task, from recruiting, building, diplomacy, etc etc, war is costly as usual. But if the AI is dumb even with big weapon, high class unit, horde of stack, will do jack, because they will never use it well. That where efficient and smart AI takes his role. Giving the smart AI enough money and time to expand,recruit and build significant portion ensure very decent game and replaybility.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 25, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

Really nice work, when i buy attila i will definetly install this.
    Why do you think ca doesn't make a more agressive ai? was it hard to make this mod or is it simply finding the right balance with settings of ai?
    Your english is really funny by the way

I want to use the 2nd version but you didn't answer my question lol , i am asking did you give the AI bonuses on top of what they had or did you reduce all the bonuses and just give the yours? I need an answer to this question so i make my decision on what to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddonn View Post
    I want to use the 2nd version but you didn't answer my question lol , i am asking did you give the AI bonuses on top of what they had or did you reduce all the bonuses and just give the yours? I need an answer to this question so i make my decision on what to pick.
    I just reduce all the bonus and replace with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Musteline View Post
    Really nice work, when i buy attila i will definetly install this.
    Why do you think ca doesn't make a more agressive ai? was it hard to make this mod or is it simply finding the right balance with settings of ai?
    Your english is really funny by the way
    Thanks for the kind words.I dont know why they dont do it, they can actually i just modify the setting, putting every AI faction work extra, squeeze every turn to do more.Define the "hard" words, lets take few pointer
    - People that working in AI,scripting, or BAI is very rare in quantity, its easy to find new unit or new texture
    - Lack of tutorial, with almost zero, either you figure it out by yourself or ask around hoping someone kind enough to share what he know with you
    - Its take patience to test CAI, because what you create and modify is behaviour and by all means not colour like shield pattern where you can see red is red, yellow is yellow.
    - Most table in Attila is unreadable, then you need play Sherlock Holmes to figure out what this "unknown 17" will do.
    - Finding the right balance is the key, its like cooking first you fail, but with each try you honing yours intution. In the end you will find the balance. Its like creating your own cooking recipe.
    - Some modder tend to fool people by putting some kind of false advertising, by saying they do actualy modify cai behaviour, but what you people dont know they just beef the AI economy lot and modify simple diplomacy, add little this and little that. Voila its ready and serve , and most people will buy it and eat it without realize anything. You even give him +rep (modder dirty secret)
    - You can make AI war with each other on diplomacy screen, put him to war with every faction known in the map, but even with all "war" and red face in diplomacy screen. Did they will take arms and send his army going to kill each other. Perhaps, since its mostly just "drama" like facebook friend status, he yours friend but you never know each other, so does the AI,they have war status but not realy fight each other like they supposed to do.

I am not english speaker, that why you can say my english is funny.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 25, 2015 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    I just reduce all the bonus and replace with mine.
    Oh i see so would you say your 2nd version( the one above the easiest one) is still better than the AI on normal vanilla difficulty? When i say better i mean a bit harder

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddonn View Post
    Oh i see so would you say your 2nd version( the one above the easiest one) is still better than the AI on normal vanilla difficulty? When i say better i mean a bit harder
    Yes it is, all version have the same CAI, what make them different is the bonus and handicap they got. Eventualy the ending still same, the different is the less AI get bonus the slower he get to unlock his maximum pontential. There is no hidden cheat that give 10000 gold each turn to AI, he and you mostly have same income. That why i said give AI more money just like put gassoline into fire.