Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0.9.5 Plus all Fixes - English - Mediafire links

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 0.9.5 Plus all Fixes - English - Mediafire links

Thanks mate! Really appreciate you posting this up.

WARNING !!

Before installing this mod make a copy of your Medieval II / data folder !!!

WARNING !!
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; February 23, 2015 at 03:33 PM.

Tono,

So I've downloaded the content that you posted up and I am now looking to install the game. I have a copy of Medieval 2 Kingdoms via steam, and now I am a bit hazy as to how to install the files that you have provided. The usual way I have gone about doing this in the past is I install a mod into one of the four "campaigns", i.e. Americas, Britannia, Crusades, or Teutonic. However, I have found a few inconsistencies. Let me explain below...

So the image below shows the extracted files all in one folder. (apart from the English Translation, will get to that at the end)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This "data" folder contains 1.08 GB.
    Logs Contains nothing.
    MODS on the other hand contains 5.83 GB of information.

When I clicked through I found that 99.9% of those files are contained within another "data" folder

Ergo, I assume that this is the main bulk of the mod, and not in fact the other data file containing only 1.08 GB.

Which brings me to my two questions.
    1. To install, should I simply take the files from the "mod" folder, cut and paste them over any of the Kingdoms Campaigns, and then hit play in steam?
    2. Is the first "data" folder containing only 1.08 GB actually a patch of some sort? And if so, should I just paste it into the data file that contains 5.83 GB and have it overwrite any outdated documents?

NOW, the English Translation. Here is what the folder contains once unzipped

I obviously can't just cut and paste all of this into the data folder, the majority of these files go to corresponding folder locations that are not specified here. Is there an installer here or something? Or do I have to hand pick all of these and insert them into the correct folder/corresponding-file location?

Thanks for all your help,
    Best,
    Everto

@tono, the download from Media Fire stops at 880 Mbyte of data.. the speed is 13kb/s only :-( Is a torrent possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    Tono,

So I've downloaded the content that you posted up and I am now looking to install the game. I have a copy of Medieval 2 Kingdoms via steam, and now I am a bit hazy as to how to install the files that you have provided. The usual way I have gone about doing this in the past is I install a mod into one of the four "campaigns", i.e. Americas, Britannia, Crusades, or Teutonic. However, I have found a few inconsistencies. Let me explain below...

So the image below shows the extracted files all in one folder. (apart from the English Translation, will get to that at the end)

This "data" folder contains 1.08 GB.
    Logs Contains nothing.
    MODS on the other hand contains 5.83 GB of information.

When I clicked through I found that 99.9% of those files are contained within another "data" folder

Ergo, I assume that this is the main bulk of the mod, and not in fact the other data file containing only 1.08 GB.

Which brings me to my two questions.
    1. To install, should I simply take the files from the "mod" folder, cut and paste them over any of the Kingdoms Campaigns, and then hit play in steam?
    2. Is the first "data" folder containing only 1.08 GB actually a patch of some sort? And if so, should I just paste it into the data file that contains 5.83 GB and have it overwrite any outdated documents?

NOW, the English Translation. Here is what the folder contains once unzipped

I obviously can't just cut and paste all of this into the data folder, the majority of these files go to corresponding folder locations that are not specified here. Is there an installer here or something? Or do I have to hand pick all of these and insert them into the correct folder/corresponding-file location?

Thanks for all your help,
    Best,
    Everto
    You're supposed to unpack the files in the mod folder, well a folder for the mod in the mod folder. Then put the folder from the language pack into the mod folder. This is your first time downloading a mod I'm guessing?

@all I don't understand, how to install, too! (and I installed many mods before!) The problem there are T W O !!! Data Folders. in the zip! So is one the patch 0.95 and the other is 0.92 ??? The data folder which is not in the mod-folder is the problem. Please help. Everto did some good screenshots!! Greets Marc

@Dex-starr; On the contrary, I'm an avid mod-aficionado

@MarcByzantium; So I installed the mod last night, and I had a few technical issues with the transfer of files (but I believe that's because some files didn't get installed properly) so I haven't been able to get a campaign or battle going, I can access the menus (which I got to be in English, but much of the interface is still in Russian), so I'm going to re-do that after work today. HOWEVER, I think I figured out the general process (hopefully it'll work for you the first time).

SO; the main data folder is the one containing 5.83 GB of data (i.e. the one located in the "mod" folder). So take all that content in the mod folder, pick one of the kingdoms campaigns, (I chose the teutonic campaign) and insert it into said folder. Then take the data folder containing 1.08 GB, and paste it on-top of the 5.83 GB data folder (obviously overwriting wherever it needs to be overwritten). After that, insert the English translation documents into the "text" folder within the "data" folder and allow it to overwrite that. I believe that's the correct process, I'm still going to fiddle with it a little bit, but what I've found is that there is still a lot of Russian language throughout the mod, even once everything is inserted, which is worrying because I don't speak Russian well lol
    Last edited by Everto; February 20, 2015 at 10:03 AM.

@Everto, so the second (smaller) data folder is the patch 0.95 which updates the big folder 0.92 of this mod. Correct?!
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; February 20, 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    @Everto, so the second (smaller) data folder is the patch 0.95 which updates the big folder 0.92 of this mod. Correct?!
    I assume so, AGAIN, I haven't gotten it to work perfectly as of yet. I found the Polish OiMII forum and I'm in the middle of downloading all their files from the links they provided, located HERE. The discussion on their forum is fairly recent so these should be up to date and working links.
    We'll figure this out Marc! Even if it takes us all damn weekend!

Good news, I found all information in english here:

http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=38429

Thanks for the post
    I think I found the answer, I didn't remove bin files and map.rwm
    That looks like it might be the fix...

yes, but it seems it is Version 0.95 already and the data folder is overwriting some (hopefully not necessary) data in the medieval folder...

where are the bin files located to delete? Thank you!

WOAH!!!! Do not install the data folder directly into the original Medieval II data folder. You are installing this all only in the medieval II "mod" folder into one of the four campaigns, i.e. americas, britannia, crusades or teutonic.
    Last edited by Everto; February 20, 2015 at 01:15 PM.

WOAH!!!! Do not install the data folder directly into the original Medieval II data folder. You are installing this all only in the medieval II "mod" folder into one of the four campaigns, i.e. americas, britannia, crusades or teutonic.

The russians are writing:

Installation:

1. Unpack the archive
    2. Copy the folder data and mods in the root directory of your Medieval 2: Total War (where is kingdoms.exe)
    3. Run mod using a file OiM2.bat in mods\OiM2
    4. Install English translation in mods\OiM2\data

You are correct, I went to the Polish forums and it indicated exactly what you are saying. Honestly I find this peculiar, because you should be able to play this as a "mod" and not have to alter the root directory of your Medieval 2: Total War, that means you can't play other mods without re-installing all of medieval II. That's a huge flaw in "planning"

You are correct, I went to the Polish forums and it indicated exactly what you are saying. Honestly I find this peculiar, because you should be able to play this as a "mod" and not have to alter the root directory of your Medieval 2: Total War, that means you can't play other mods without re-installing all of medieval II. That's a huge flaw in "planning"
    There are 1 or 2 mods, which use that type of installing and this mods don't change important files of Original Medieval 2 Total War, so that you can play still all installed mods and the original game. I think they made it like that! I will try it in the next few days, then I post my impressions here. Greets Marc

Oh dear. Then why does some of my Stainless Steal language come up as Russian. I think I did something dreadfully wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh dear. Then why does some of my Stainless Steal language come up as Russian. I think I did something dreadfully wrong.
    Oh wow I'm sorry for you, did you install the mod like explained on http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=38429 ?

I installed the Polish translation... however I'm unable to play past the first turn in the campaign (even after deleting the map.rwm and bin files). This is worrying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast