Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Default Re: [WIP] Fall of the Eagles

They will both be great so its always awesome for players to have options. I imagine you could use load order to use aspects of one with the other as well.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Gunny created DeI combat overhaul with me so his work will be pretty much similar to mine (or mine to his)
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Gunny created DeI combat overhaul with me so his work will be pretty much similar to mine (or mine to his)
    I hope its more like your experimental DEI mod or just DEI's combat than Constantine combat. The combat in Constantine was waaaaaaaaaay to slow, DEI struck a perfect balance between being to slow and too fast.

Anyways, can't wait for a release version. Hopefully the next patch and the dlc won't make your work more complicated.
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; February 25, 2015 at 10:28 AM. Reason: continuity

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Here's another little tease shot for you.

So, is this going to be the DeI of Attila? It has a more fitting name after all.

Also, do your plan include either making Christianity less crap or fleshing out Greco-Roman paganism? If the latter, some things I would like to see addressed are unit models having their Christian imagery removed and voices being imported from Rome II to better match their recovered pagan beliefs (no more "If only I were as swift as the angles). Also, fix the issue where we can't build temples in cities that are considered part of the Pentarchy See.

If you are doing the former, the first thing to make Christianity not crap I think is to give it better bonuses and either remove or tone down the Hun's buff against Christians. Also, remove or tone down the upkeep for churches and make it so the church techs don't disable buildings based on legacy techs.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Good news and bad news. The good news is, AI will now use shieldwall and spear wall, the bad news is, it will be without the animations for the abilities because they mess up the AI.

I may try to fudge it though, we'll see because I really really want shieldwall to work dammit!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Good news and bad news. The good news is, AI will now use shieldwall and spear wall, the bad news is, it will be without the animations for the abilities because they mess up the AI.

I may try to fudge it though, we'll see because I really really want shieldwall to work dammit!
    Oh, I will keep my fingers crossed that a solution can be found . . .

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    Here's another little tease shot for you.

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!

Awesome job!
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

We are hard at work getting a very basic version together, hopefully by this weekend. We don't want to have our first 0.1 release be full of bugs

To those asking, this is not going to be like DeI in that the scope is not at that scale (at least not yet ). We tend to keep adding things, but for now its mainly focused on unit textures and the battles. A few very small campaign changes may also make it in as well.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We are hard at work getting a very basic version together, hopefully by this weekend. We don't want to have our first 0.1 release be full of bugs

To those asking, this is not going to be like DeI in that the scope is not at that scale (at least not yet ). We tend to keep adding things, but for now its mainly focused on unit textures and the battles. A few very small campaign changes may also make it in as well.
    Will you be reworking the rosters for the factions or are you simply making the existing vanilla units look better? And will you give them their historical names as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

Do you think you could add hold formation to roman troops? I cant stand watching my legio and elite romans blobbing about.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Content Emeritus

Already done

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by spartanbits View Post
    Will you be reworking the rosters for the factions or are you simply making the existing vanilla units look better? And will you give them their historical names as well?
    We will be reworking all rosters, yes. We're gonna rework the vanilla units and add new ones where necessary so we will also end up changing things like their name and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    Do you think you could add hold formation to roman troops? I cant stand watching my legio and elite romans blobbing about.
    That's Gunny's field. As far as I know he's re-added formed combat for roman units for one. Probably also working on different formation abilities too.

On another, this guy seemed a bit upset to see the Saxons disembarking in his town.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Already done
    I could hug you im so happy!

Crappy's Avatar Civis

@Gunny and KAM - I know you guys both worked together on DeI, and the battle balance there seemed to work out well. What motivated you to create your own mods rather than working together on one project?

Content Emeritus

This project was born more out of CRoC than DeI, the former of which I had been part of since before DeI. Plus Kam said he wasn't getting Attila then I guess he just couldn't help himself when it came to Attila's wonky battles.

Anyway, I've created some faux shield walls to work with the updated shieldwall ability. And battles are starting to look better, even though a lot needs to be done with the actual unit stats.

Last edited by 'Gunny; February 25, 2015 at 05:41 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I got it from my sibilings Good thing I did not had to pay for it, it would make me even more angry xD I still need to use a workaround to even start the game as CA is more concerned with realising second DLC week after premiere instead of realising a patch that would allow many people to even play this game ;D
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Are your guys planning on making any changing to the current unit upgrade system or even getting rid of it for your first release.

one early pre- pre- very beta picture from the East