Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Hope to see the mod team return to Attila at some point, I'm a huge fan of DeI and love a lot of the features in Attila like the much improved siege battles and hordes.

Is it possible to add infantry generals for wre/ere? i can only choose between comes and magister militum (horses)

mvh

Is the mod being worked on still?

Can't wait till you guys return!

Hello everyone!
    Congratulations for your Job. You can increase the number of legions Comitatenses and Pseudocomitatenses of the game? Changing only their shield?

Would it ever be possible for the unit stats and size of the last roman dlc to be brought up to the mods level? Or even mix in some of the mods equipment with the dlc units so they don't all look the same? I love the Bucellarii armor but some more variation in the ostrogoths and expedition forces would be awesome. I think the rest of the factions use the units of the main campaign so those two would really be all that would need any attention. I'm not asking for anything on the scale of what Maximus was working on (pls come back and bring Ahiga with you senpai) but something so that the campaign is playable would be awesome.

Hi all, i have a question:

does this work with also with the DLCs of Attila? I mean, does this mod and europa pedita affect in anyway the DLCs? Or are the changes only for the main game?
    Thanks

I can't answer for FotE, but EP does work just fine with all the DLCs. EP makes the most changes to the grand campaign, but we've made some smaller changes to both DLC campaigns as well. The building balance is somewhat different in Age of Charlemagne though, since that building system is different to start with.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

I have been playing FOTE at length and I noticed some issues that could be fixed with little tweaks. I have noticed that the Roman empires when left to the AI have trouble recruiting competent armies. On the normal Attila, the AI could pull units that would be upgraded to match your current tier (even if they just threw waves of spear men at you) but in FOTE that is not the case, they seem to just throw nothing but Homiane armaturae at the player. An idea I had would be to move the Roman Limtanei roster around to help the AI struggle less.

1. Remove the Homiane armaturae from the game and replace it with the Numerus allowing Numerus to be the chief recruitment of the empire.

2. Remove the Limtanei barracks this allows the AI to only build two types of units for its field armies. (while I like the idea of the Limtanei barracks historically I think my shuffle of the roster would help the Romans)

3. Put the starting units of the Limtanei such as the spear men, sword and archer unit in the level 1 rally field

4. Put the pesudo comitatenses and cavalry in the fourth tier regional capital.

I feel these things will force the AI to use better units and provide the player with a more thematic experience while they fall apart. In any rate I know you guys have moved on but wanted to throw this idea out.
    Last edited by legio_XX; April 05, 2017 at 01:08 AM.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

1. Remove the Homiane armaturae from the game and replace it with the Numerus allowing Numerus to be the chief recruitment of the empire.

2. Remove the Limtanei barracks this allows the AI to only build two types of units for its field armies. (while I like the idea of the Limtanei barracks historically I think my shuffle of the roster would help the Romans)

3. Put the starting units of the Limtanei such as the spear men, sword and archer unit in the level 1 rally field

4. Put the pesudo comitatenses and cavalry in the fourth tier regional capital.

I feel these things will force the AI to use better units and provide the player with a more thematic experience while they fall apart. In any rate I know you guys have moved on but wanted to throw this idea out.
    I must say I love the barracks system in this mod. It really is the best in the Attila universe for players of the Roman factions. That said, I think you're absolutely right with points 1, 3, and 4, legio_XX. The Romans tend to spam the Homiane armaturae and badly balanced armies in general, even late in the campaign.

For point 2, you are right, but I really love using the full barracks system in rebuilding my Roman empires. I enjoy the planning and layering of recruitment centers. I'd hate to see the Limitanei barracks go. It should be retained as a submod for those who want to play as the Romans, but switched off for non-Roman campaigns, if possible. If not possible, I think, sadly, you may be right about removing them from the campaign.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Really sad,
    already 1 year has passed since last update

I hope the mod comes back some time.

I am not sure if we will have a large release anytime soon, I may put out an update to fix some bugs and issues at some point. I want to fix the White Huns settling issue but that requires including a startpos, which messes with mod compatibility.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

miguelmm's Avatar Civis

This is Attila's best mod, just try to keep on with it at some point.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

I honestly just want some updated Norse units.

I know. I have been dabbling in unit stuff for DeI so maybe if I get some free time I can get some help and start working on it. I just have less modding time lately and most of it is spent with DeI.

I was wondering with the new fabled dlc for either Rome 2 or Attila if this mod (and DEI of course) will be getting a compatibility update? Also I will love you eternally if the Norse and Celts are fancied up. Thank you Dresdan for not giving up on this mod/game.

That said, what might you need help with? I honestly know very little about modeling but if I can find some tutorials I'd be glad to lend a hand for that or at the very least editing unit stats.

thank you for this mod, it is beautiful.

Proud To Be Orthodox Christian

Yes we will be updating the mod if there is any new Attila content to make sure its compatible with any future updates. Although this mod isn't being actively worked on currently, I haven't completely abandoned the idea of returning to it at some point. At the very least to make sure it stays useable and fix any bugs.