Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Default Re: [WIP] Fall of the Eagles

which camera mod ur using dres....... can u share with us plz

Really sweet mod prospect! Im keeping my fingers crossed for all of you guys. Ive got a question: are you planning on diversifying the rosters for barbaric factions, especially the slavic ones (antes, sclaveni, venedi), who are for some unknown reason germanic in the Vanilla Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    The Roman units were a proof of concept test to verify that my tunics ported over properly. We haven't begun to deal with shields - CA's patterns are fantastic though I want to remove the out of date narrow oval shield (they should be either the CA concave oval shield that is narrow, or my fat oval shield from Constantine). It's remarkable how effective the steppe tunic model is. It was how Constantine was able to jury rig short sleeved mail hauberks, and one of CA's cut versions of it in Attila works perfectly with their mail hauberks. Which has meant that I didn't have to redo the tunics. And after doing a tweak of CA's "Physical model" Roman belt I am able to port over my unarmored late roman tunics with the proper decorum.
    Yes, I was also somewhat impressed by the unit visuals, barring the fact that the colours ought to be toned down somewhat.

That being said, and I know this isn't going to be discovered for some time, what will sell the game to me is if the mod community can stop towers auto collapsing for no reason and remodel minor settlements to have gates.

Looking great (though I didn't expect anything less from you and your team by now).
    Will there be a complete overhaul to the unit rosters of the major factions? If so, how do you want to deal with the tech tree upgrades (forcing elite units in your armies) from vanilla?

Thx for the hard work guys. Can't wait for this.

oh yes!

Good stuff, cant wait for unit variation and battle mods!

Keep it up chaps.

I'm so excited. Looks likes it gonna be amazing.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

So will this mod be the Attila equivalent of DEI ?
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Any plans in the works to make new rosters for all the emergent factions?

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Leggy View Post
    What settlement was that?
    That WAS Camulodunum.

Quote Originally Posted by wis View Post
    Why are the Saxons wielding Dane Axes? Thats an axe design that only started to get popular in rest of northwest Europe when the Danes started raiding and settling along Normandy and England in 10th - 11th century. Shouldn't they be using something more similar to the francisca axe blade in design?
    What you're seeing is just a reskin of a vanilla saxon unit, so that question would be something to ask CA. Everything you're seeing is very much a WIP, so it will most likely be changed before we call this thing done.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    So will this mod be the Attila equivalent of DEI ?
    Not exactly. As Dresden said in the previous post, this will mostly be a battle/unit overhaul, with some changes to the campaign aspects where necessary but nowhere near the scale of DeI.

Quote Originally Posted by walterbarrett View Post
    Any plans in the works to make new rosters for all the emergent factions?
    Hard to say at this point. However we'll be looking over different parts of the game and it's roster over the coming weeks/months to determine what needs to be done specifically, so stay tuned because it'll be a while before we can answer questions on any specifics.

THIS mod, will be the reason I will purchase TW: ATTILA. I enjoyed the 'Rise of Christianity' mod greatly. And I feel this mod will be even more impressive. +REP to you Dresden and the FotE team.

Makes me a little sentimental. I first joined TW center to load Attila Reloaded's first version IBFD for TW: Rome BI.
    Last edited by GERMANICUS; February 19, 2015 at 10:09 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Can't wait guys...

Cheers

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Here's some more shots covering the Geats/Norse. Note the much increased variety in shields. Thank Ahiga for that!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'm an expert on Flavius Aetius and Attila the Hun, as well as the 5th Century Roman, Germanic, Alan, and Hunnic armies and military equipment. I also know a good bit about Hunnic, Roman, and Germanic government, law, and administration, as well as the Roman economy. What I don't know I have the ability to research and find out. I can volunteer as a historical adviser if needbe. I have done historical advising for other mods and an indie game, and am a modder myself.

Also, to answer the earlier question on shields:

The current theory is that the Notitia Dignitatum's shield patterns serve as a base pattern that all soldiers in a Numerus/Cohort/Legion/Ala/Cuneus/whatever would share. There would be variation in these patterns to the individual's preference and quality of the painting, etc, but other than that basically the shields would look very uniform.

For example, if the base pattern was a depiction of the Emperor on a Yellow background with a red trim, some soldiers might have lions or eagles flanking their emperor, some might have painted their shield boss red, some might do the yellow background as petals, but all of them share the same basic design.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; February 19, 2015 at 10:32 AM.

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope I'm okay in assuming this is an appropriate place then to ask you what you know of Hunnic armor and helmets? I like the look of the stuff I've seen in the game (the Huns seem to have a lot of different helmet types, albeit not so many different hats) but I was just wondering how accurate their depictions of it were.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Great promising project!

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    I hope I'm okay in assuming this is an appropriate place then to ask you what you know of Hunnic armor and helmets? I like the look of the stuff I've seen in the game (the Huns seem to have a lot of different helmet types, albeit not so many different hats) but I was just wondering how accurate their depictions of it were.
    They use Sassanid and Half-Kushan/Half-Avar fantasy hybrids for the most part from what I've seen. The armor is mostly Hollywood fantasy mongol armor. I haven't seen any detailed shots of belts, swords, etc, but they seem to be mostly fantasy or out of the time-frame as well.

Even the famous Niederstotzingen-type, shown below, dates only until after 550 (this pattern of Lamellar was introduced by the Avars, aka a splinter of the Hepthaltites in Central Asia):

I have an image of Hunnic helmets (one is 6th century Byzantine, but the others are Hunnic). I will post it in a bit.

EDIT:

https://www.academia.edu/5624791/Chr...6_2009_395-538

Page 403 is helmet classifications, page 420 is the Concesti Helmet (right) which is Hunnic, probably belonging to a mercenary alive around the time of Stilicho or Constantius III. 422 and 423 he attributes as Hunnic, but are 6th century Byzantine as found by a recent study. 426 is similar to Kerch Helmet, which is 6th century Avar, and I can't make out the German but I think that one is 6th century Avar as well. 450 is the Pouan Spatha (ha, funny page number) which is Hun-influenced Burgundian (deposited roughly 450-470). Pages 452-455 are Hunnic swords influenced by the long Sassanian type, 456 is a Hunnic Langseax. 478-481 are Hunnic and Avar Fibulae from north of the Black Sea (mostly late 5th-late 6th century). Page 498 are the two Avar helmets from Kerch.

And finally, page 500 are all Hunnic helmets, except #4, which is Byzantine. Most of them date to the Late 4th century AD and were found North of the Caspian or North of the Caucasus.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; February 19, 2015 at 11:15 AM.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

I'm looking foward to this
    Birk Von Norway

New and better Roman shields and armor thank the gods! Any plans on replacing the celtic style swords most barbarian factions have with the migration period looking sword I have seen in game or a spatha? How much of the vanilla armor will you be keeping also? I know its a lot of hollywood stuff but damnit some of it looks cool! Except the chubby cheek face masks, those just make feel good inside and laugh.