Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [WIP] Fall of the Eagles

We can wait I'll play Radious mod until FOTE is released.
    Birk Von Norway

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Last bits of the inital 0.googolplex1 version is done. D, should have it out within a day or so.

Everyone planning on downloading this version, please read this:

This version will be very, very, very, very basic. Everything in it essentially not finished. Particularly our battle system. We will need feedback on it especially because of this. Balancing is a horribly painful process, so the more feedback the easier it will be for Gunny to improve it. Of course, if you find any bugs with anything at all, we'd be very grateful if you could report it so we can fix it for you

Once the release is out, we should get our own hosted forum shortly after, so there'll be appropriate threads for all the stuff you could need.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    Last bits of the inital 0.googolplex1 version is done. D, should have it out within a day or so.

Everyone planning on downloading this version, please read this:

This version will be very, very, very, very basic. Everything in it essentially not finished. Particularly our battle system. We will need feedback on it especially because of this. Balancing is a horribly painful process, so the more feedback the easier it will be for Gunny to improve it. Of course, if you find any bugs with anything at all, we'd be very grateful if you could report it so we can fix it for you

Once the release is out, we should get our own hosted forum shortly after, so there'll be appropriate threads for all the stuff you could need.

You got it chief will do my best to report what I can

Efix's Avatar Tiro

You guys need KAM for the units stats balancing so you can focus on new models, textures etc and both mod will be compatible that way
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3-(28-02-2015)

I will post a download link soon, I am uploading the file now. As Maximus said, we haven't even had a chance to fully test out the various texture/model changes yet so there are probably quite a few issues.

Right now the mod is:
    German and some Roman reskins and new models
    Updated/upgraded garrison system
    Removed upgrade system that would replace units (early version)
    Altered battle system (very early version)
    Seasons mod (same as the one I have posted elsewhere for now)
    A few other changes here and there

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx-...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Dresden; March 03, 2015 at 09:12 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Fall of the Eagles [Released v.001]

Already uploaded a fixed version - thanks to Black9 for pointing it out.

We previously had technology requirements for units (because we have removed the upgrade system so that levy units will still be recruitable later). We plan to expand on this system, possibly reinstating upgrades by using duplicate unit entries.

For now I removed the tech requirements because it caused factions to be unable to recruit at the start of a campaign. The next update will include a properly worked recruitment system, but for now this one will have to suffice. As we said, very early mod version

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Efix View Post
    You guys need KAM for the units stats balancing so you can focus on new models, textures etc and both mod will be compatible that way
    Last edited by 'Gunny; March 03, 2015 at 10:20 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-03_00001.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	774.5 KB 
ID:	322119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-03_00003.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	829.3 KB 
ID:	322120

I found this it is of course expected but this is what releaseing betas is all about yes ? I will keep My eye out for anymore , No other saxon units are effected and BTW THE RESKINS ARE SEXY AS HELL !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Haha Gunny, it's nothing against you, it's just that KAM has been very active on the forum discussing about DEI unit balancing, so everyone associates him with the project. I am sure you work will be awesome as well! But yeah, we do wonder why you guys created two different mods. The result you achieved by working together on DEI has been amazing, I really don't want to choose between these two battle mods...

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-03_00001.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	774.5 KB 
ID:	322119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-03_00003.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	829.3 KB 
ID:	322120

I found this it is of course expected but this is what releaseing betas is all about yes ? I will keep My eye out for anymore , No other saxon units are effected and BTW THE RESKINS ARE SEXY AS HELL !!!!
    I've noticed something like this with Germanic Nobles also.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Awesome use of the GIF. Gunny don't let the haters bring you down!

THis Mod ...Even in its Infancy is just soooo Good!!!

Awesome, can't wait to try it out!

Does the current version include the Saxon reskins, or just the Germans and Romans?

So are Ahigas roman's in this?

Decanus

Hey Guys - recommended battle difficulty?

Hey there Dresden and everyone else from the FotE mod team. I have a request, would it be possible to upload a version of this mod without the stat changes, and only the aesthetic changes? Much appreciated!

Efix's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wrcromartie View Post
    Awesome use of the GIF. Gunny don't let the haters bring you down!
    That was not hate at all im saying they should work together as partners so we have one super epic mod.
    I dig KAM vision of removing AP, rebalancing armor & shield but I want to use this mod as well with the new units and I'm hoping the whole thing can be balance.
    Grunny haven't leak any info on his vision of rebalancing units yet so I can't say if I like it better or not.
    Nice gif

Libertus

Awesome, I will try it out once I get home.
    A quick question though (sorry if this has already been asked): I loved DeI for ist slow combat where I could use tactics without being on Speed to keep up with what's Happening on the battlefield. I know that KAM was one of those responsible for DeI's combat system. KAM himself is working on a DeI combat mod for Attila, will FotE use his mod or will it use its own combat system? Will this combat System be similar to Kam's?

Thank you and kind regards

Libertus

A quick question though (sorry if this has already been asked): I loved DeI for ist slow combat where I could use tactics without being on Speed to keep up with what's Happening on the battlefield. I know that KAM was one of those responsible for DeI's combat system. KAM himself is working on a DeI combat mod for Attila, will FotE use his mod or will it use its own combat system? Will this combat System be similar to Kam's?

Edit: Sorry for the double post, how can I delete a post?
    Last edited by Wuktrio; March 04, 2015 at 03:16 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by Efix View Post
    KAM does awesome work but I'm sure 'Gunny is brilliant too. I welcome 'Gunny with open arms and look forward to his work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuktrio View Post

Oh dear someone's mentioned KAM again for a job that 'Gunny is already doing. KAM is good but this isn't his mod. I believe in you 'Gunny.
    Last edited by Godz_Mercenary; March 04, 2015 at 03:21 AM.