Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

I'm of the opinion that if your empire can afford the recruitment and upkeep of entire 20-unit stacks of elite units, you should be able to produce them as a reward for getting there. That being said, you should take a page from DeI and give elite units very hefty recruitment and upkeep costs so players just can't build very many of them until they get their economy up and running.

But then it has to be carefully balanced because in rome 2 after a certain point you could recruit as many elite troops as you wanted. (In attila it was a bit different because of the 104% corruption...)
    And if thereyoue no unit caps the elite units should at least take longer to recruit.

Since Attila’s map is lacking some cities I suggest that you guys make the factions with no cities to hordes/armies and that in Greece you make multiple houses for the Achaean League. So that when you choose to do a campaign with them you can choose between Athenian house, Spartan house and Corinthian house for example (just like with Rome in Rome 2). This choice could grant you different bonuses and maybe a unique elite unit for each house.

I believe you can only have two houses in Attila
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Hmm ok than maybe only sparta and athens?

May to be a Greek factions as one category? Thesallonica changed name to Pella as well

May to remove all sarissa units to other faction adding to them classic spear units?
    Last edited by ApostolhsVl; July 17, 2015 at 09:21 AM.
    Ὃ ἂν μὴ ἴδῃς μὴ λέγε. Εἰδὼς σίγα. [Do not talk about what you do not know. And when you know, don't talk either.]

Until now, we knew that Greeks were fighting like heroes; from now on we shall say that the heroes fight like Greeks -Winston Churchill Prime Minister of the United Kingdom-

This looks utterly amazing. Thank you so much for embarking on this project. It's a shame CA didn't do it a long time ago.

You're bringing back road? Awesome news. Will there be other similar tweaks such as dispensing with the silly province system, allowing the building of walls, etc?

Either way - massive respect and kudos for all involved. Maybe we will get the game we always wanted after all?!!!

I believe wall building is a thing. Though it's either wall or no wall unlike Rome 1 and I'm not sure all regions can have them. Roads are something I've tested in campaigns before and its glorious to have them return.

Walls for settlements are possible as a separate building line, but there's only two types of wall models in game currently. But, it comes with a lot of issues to even attempt to do.
    -Unlike past games, you have very limited building slots in Rome 2
    -We could attach it to a garrison type line, and even make it available only in certain regions, but...
    -We would, no matter what we do, have to make sure battle maps work with and without walls. Which they wouldn't. Many of these settlements also had walls, anyway, right from the start, and even after conquest they would often/most of the time remained.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet?:

Could you remove sanitation from the building chain all together and make it progressive by techs or bonuses from other buildings? It seems like a waste that could be filled by other more interesting things.
    Last edited by stevehoos; July 20, 2015 at 06:15 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Walls for settlements are possible as a separate building line, but there's only two types of wall models in game currently. But, it comes with a lot of issues to even attempt to do.
    -We could attach it to a garrison type line, and even make it available only in certain regions, but...
    -We would, no matter what we do, have to make sure battle maps work with and without walls. Which they wouldn't. Many of these settlements also had walls, anyway, right from the start, and even after conquest they would often/most of the time remained.
    So what's your solution to this?

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Another thing, when you get to add more factions later, I would love to see Germania and Parthia. It would create some excellent battles. Why don't you guys create a unit suggestion thread?

How much of random events can you add?

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post

I see. Well, it's not a major thing anyway I guess. Constant sieges is no-one's idea of fun.

Senator

This looks fantastic, I may get my monies worth out of Attila after all
    I'd be hitting up The Creative assembly for some help with this project, I've no doubt it will help their sales.

I wish. Be nice to get some of this hard coded stuff out of the way.

SickRabbit's Avatar Civis

I think XIIICeasers Legions should be implemented?!

They are already. Just not to the public.

SickRabbit's Avatar Civis

Ahh, great! I'm looking forward to this, can't await to play this mod!!

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Well guys I must say all these work is just mind blowing to me
    And in fact it's pretty hard to follow all the news as this mod has too many parts to be done, but overall it seems that you guys are doing just fine

Meanwhile, I couldn't join to your team to help but you can be almost hundred percent sure that I will do some sub-mods for it

So I can't wait and wish you best of luck!

Regards,
    Sharp
    Last edited by SharpEyed; July 25, 2015 at 10:31 AM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Let me know when you get close guys, looking forward to buying Attila!

Good luck on the journey!