Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 200BC - Project Outline

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    I can't wait to have a MP group for Ancient Empires! Imagine a lobby full of AE hosts.
    I can tell you now that AE MP is a completely different and complex beast... one that I am thoroughly in control of and will be challenging subscribers to a recorded tournament!
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Awesome to hear that! Looking forward on the tournament videos as well.

This looks incredible and greatest respect to all of you guys and hard work.

I just wonder why you are attempting to release everything at once? Surely things like new music and UI are window dressing and shouldn't be considered a necessity before release. I mean they are nice to have and everything but the mod could be played happily with just the factions and units.

Accurate looking cities and towns likewise could be added later?

What I am saying is I am impatient and can't wait and want to get my hands on Republican units!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinctius Flamininus View Post
    This looks incredible and greatest respect to all of you guys and hard work.

I just wonder why you are attempting to release everything at once? Surely things like new music and UI are window dressing and shouldn't be considered a necessity before release. I mean they are nice to have and everything but the mod could be played happily with just the factions and units.

Accurate looking cities and towns likewise could be added later?

What I am saying is I am impatient and can't wait and want to get my hands on Republican units!
    Well tough . There will be a beta at some point that will not include those things most likely.

We are not attempting to release everything at once. Certainly not for Attila. The UI is something that was simple for UMC to work on while we awaited the mod tools and his area of work is 2D art. So, it in no way diverted resources from other areas of need. As for music, we haven't touched that in either Rome 2 or Attila. Beyond that, I do consider the atmosphere of the game kind of important. Attila's UI and music are poorly suited to the earlier time frame. The base UI for cultures is already done now and music is something we will address as soon as CA releases appropriate mod tools for it.

Cities will be a time consuming process and I wouldn't expect anything in that regard for the initial beta release.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Right, we aren't releasing the UI currently. I just wanted to show everyone what to expect.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

In general, I think UI and music are undervalued aspects of a mod whether it was Rome 2 or the Attila side. It's something you see/hear throughout. it's the first thing you see/hear as a player. And to say it again, the Attila UI really isn't suited to the earlier time period at all, or all the cultures CA used it for. I think the UI UMC made would be a great mod to release as a standalone for just Attila, anyway.

When people complain about CA, Rome 2 and even Attila, UI is frequently one of the first things they mention.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am complete agreement, yes buildings, units, map are quite obviously important, but one of the things that really made me play(still do) endless immersive hours on EB, IB SAI and Broken Crescent was the music and UI, the attention to details.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    I am complete agreement, yes buildings, units, map are quite obviously important, but one of the things that really made me play(still do) endless immersive hours on EB, IB SAI and Broken Crescent was the music and UI, the attention to details.
    Along with the already previewed aesthetics, the plan is to implement some of the traditional Rome 1 UI components, such as events, message icons, and other misc icons and pictures, to bring that nostalgia back we enjoyed from Roma Surrectum I & II, EB, IB etc. I can only hope to get as close as possible to that. After initial previews are done, I plan to starting rolling out some ideas i have with icons, messages, and events, which will have a relation to the older items. Subtly, here an there, I have already done that, but will be more noticeable in the near future. RS II has inspired my modding, which may (or may not) be reflective in some of the work done thus far.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; May 04, 2015 at 11:14 PM.

Hello AE modteam.

I just want to say that I am really excited for your mod since I am super interested in the roman period, and the attila era almost looks a bit sad to me since it feels like the romans are dying. So to be brought back to their glory days will surely kickstart me into playing the game again.

Thank you for making this great mod and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Spadde View Post
    Hello AE modteam.

I just want to say that I am really excited for your mod since I am super interested in the roman period, and the attila era almost looks a bit sad to me since it feels like the romans are dying. So to be brought back to their glory days will surely kickstart me into playing the game again.

Thank you for making this great mod and good luck
    We will deliver. That is fact. When I'm not sure but progress is being made

Is there any plans on making units based on the Marian reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Spadde View Post
    Is there any plans on making units based on the Marian reforms?
    Most definitely. All other reforms too, and not just Roman ones.

so are you guys doing two versions: one for Rome 2 and one for Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    so are you guys doing two versions: one for Rome 2 and one for Attila?
    Hit the nail on the head there. Yes that is the plan. There may be slight differences due to the extra features in Attila and such but they will be mostly the same, with Rome 2 starting in the First Punic Wars and Attila starting just after the end of the Second, this is due to a woeful lack of cities in sicily, Illyria and Greece.

ok I wish you all the best

Thank you very much.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Looks really promising.

Wish you all the best of luck!

Why no nubia?

Meroe/the Kushites are in the game, though marked in the wrong spot on the map in this thread. I don't know who else you would want? Since the start date is 202 BC, Upper Egypt is also in revolt, and will employ some forces from their southern neighbors.