Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 200BC - Project Outline

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    I was expecting some ppl to move these new features of Attila to Rome 2, but u doing the reverse.
    And u know what? That's better!

Good luck guys!
    Well said!

I quite agree.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

A couple questions if you don't mind. Can the snow creep be modded out in order to be more reflective of the time period? Also, will it still have Attila's dark and forboding look or can that be modded as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Barritus View Post
    A couple questions if you don't mind. Can the snow creep be modded out in order to be more reflective of the time period? Also, will it still have Attila's dark and forboding look or can that be modded as well?
    Both can be modded, the first definitely will... the second.. not sure we know how and not sure I'd want to xD
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

As I asked earlier.

What is the end date of the mod timeframe, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    As I asked earlier.

What is the end date of the mod timeframe, please?

You mean when the mod gets realised or when its set? Neither I can really answer xD. The Rome 2 version goes up to 100 AD I believe while the attila one... could go on until the fall of rome if we so wished

It's setting.

I would vote for the latter

As I said in my earlier post, there is very little coverage of the zenith of the Roman Empire.

It's setting.

I would vote for the latter

As I said in my earlier post, there is very little coverage of the zenith of the Roman Empire.

Well I personally don't care for later Rome all that much. If we were to go that far we would probably just use vanilla assets but with better mechanics. Though I highly doubt this I am afraid, none of the team likes this period. Past 2nd century my interest in Roman history falls dramatically.

What I mean is, republican era Rome, & the split of the Empire leading to the start of the Dark Ages has been done many times.

Very few, if any, cover the era where the Empire was at its highest point.

What I mean is, republican era Rome, & the split of the Empire leading to the start of the Dark Ages has been done many times.

Very few, if any, cover the era where the Empire was at its highest point.

AHHH. Well then yes we will be covering up until 100 AD so far into the invasion of Britain, Syria and such. Basically it ends just as Trajan gets into power (at least the Rome 2 one does, so I am presuming Attila will do also).

Well, I think that just about hits it.

Thanks,

Looking forward to this one.

Are you going for the historic Legion AORs?

Balla.

Well, I think that just about hits it.

Thanks,

Looking forward to this one.

Are you going for the historic Legion AORs?

Balla.
    I believe they are already in progress

Sounds good to me.

Thanks for the info.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ok guys modding tools released! Please ma.ke Carthage an epic land siege battle! I'll be replying and checking up on updates but I have exams have to give up total war for a month. Still can't wait to see what the LOTR team and you guys bring to the table.

Also with the modding tools find out if you can implement faction intros.

You will be able to change the appearance of cities?

A word of warning, if recreating cities such as Carthage, the Rome 2 models are very small. So be aware of that but I think you can create your own cities using different time periods?

Also amazing detail on those solver shields!!!! Make SURE you have them looking like it.

A great soundtrack mod would fit well with this. Recreate the Rome 2 that was meant to be.

Are you also able to change the appearance of the political UI in specific factions? Can you edit the political system? There's a good video made by Count of USA on the forums on how he intends to create the political system that is sorely needed.

I will be replying to petllieus and ABH 2 s responses soon.

Wish you all the best of luck!

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post
    Ok guys modding tools released! Please ma.ke Carthage an epic land siege battle! I'll be replying and checking up on updates but I have exams have to give up total war for a month. Still can't wait to see what the LOTR team and you guys bring to the table.

A word of warning, if recreating cities such as Carthage, the Rome 2 models are very small. So be aware of that but I think you can create your own cities using different time periods?

Also amazing detail on those solver shields!!!! Make SURE you have them looking like it.

A great soundtrack mod would fit well with this. Recreate the Rome 2 that was meant to be.

Are you also able to change the appearance of the political UI in specific factions? Can you edit the political system? There's a good video made by Count of USA on the forums on how he intends to create the political system that is sorely needed.

We will be diving into it shortly to find out our capabilities. Good news indeed! Cant wait to really get started on this thing.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post

Well as the tools only came out yesterday I can't be sure about how it all works yet. I have already begun recreating a better Roman fort for when in defensive mode. I will be redoing all the major and minor settlements (eventually) and would like to make every settlement unique if possible. I would also like to add in villages and towns into the campaign map and then directly onto the battle map, so sometimes you can say set up an ambush in a village for an enemy army to march through, as well as making everywhere feel more lived in, with much more civilians, guards and signs of trading (carts, barrels and stalls.) Carthage is one that I am atm a little worried about but if its possible to port over Rome 2 models in to Ted I should be all good. I plan to take a lot of time to research everything to get it as close to reality as I can. I want to make all battlefields a little more varied and interesting.

All units look great so far, do not worry. Carthage should be out in the next few weeks as a preview.

Music modding isnt in yet, but if we can we might. Though the Attila soundtrack is pretty darn badass. Talk soon Marshall, vive la france!

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Hmm well it seems every1 has big expectations for this mod, ur work will be harder guys,

so, best of luck!

Hmm well it seems every1 has big expectations for this mod, ur work will be harder guys,

so, best of luck!
    I don't mind that at all, I'm not stopping until we make the best mod that we can. This is for me as much as you guys! Can't wait to play my own mod when its all together

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    I don't mind that at all, I'm not stopping until we make the best mod that we can. This is for me as much as you guys! Can't wait to play my own mod when its all together
    that's the spirit!

Well I will be honest, I have never played with a mod that changes almost everything (well basicly re-creating) , but if I will, this will be the 1st most likely.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

that's the spirit!

Well I will be honest, I have never played with a mod that changes almost everything (well basicly re-creating) , but if I will, this will be the 1st most likely.
    Wholeheartedly agree with Petellius, we will not stop. Cannot wait to get back to playing!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Can't wait to play my own mod when its all together
    I can't wait to have a MP group for Ancient Empires! Imagine a lobby full of AE hosts.