Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 200BC - Project Outline

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Well I am glad to hear it. We are nearing a beta release, just waiting on some more campaign things. Though depends on what we decide.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Well I am glad to hear it. We are nearing a beta release, just waiting on some more campaign things. Though depends on what we decide.
    This is wonderful news. I havent bought Attila yet but this my lean me to it....THANK YOU!

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Ooops. Too early?

Haha xD thanks for all this support but the beta release is for Rome 2 only right now I am afraid. Atilla will be soon to follow however xD. Sorry for hyping things up too much xP

Edit: we are waiting on the Assembly Kit for Attila to really start work on it and to make up for the excessive hype I can tell you that battlefields are something I wish to personally change. Sieges are going to be EPIC!
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I thought that was incredibly fast work, I mean the RII is fast...but Attila beta would be insanely quick work!!

This looks like the next big mod to me! I'd like to offer my services to the cause if you'll let me
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

We could definitely use the help. Please, feel free to add me on Steam and we can discuss things further. I may be a bit busy over the next day or two as its been hectic lately, but I'm usually readily available. Same goes for all those out there.

This mod is ambitious and we are making progress, but the size of the team hasn't improved much which is obviously going to slow things down. So, if you can help and are interested, feel free to reach out to me. I like to be honest about the state of things and don't mind saying it. We are shorthanded, though the team we have has produced a great deal of work.

Cool, added you. I'm a skilled writer and decent table editor and can make a good unit variant when there's the need... other than that I'd say I've got a good vision overall for Rome 2 so I'd love to know what we've got so far, I'll give my two cents/ feedback then we'll go from there. And if it matters, I've played Carthage the most extensively of any faction and am fairly well-learned about that culture, its history etc.

Put me to work
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    Cool, added you. I'm a skilled writer and decent table editor and can make a good unit variant when there's the need... other than that I'd say I've got a good vision overall for Rome 2 so I'd love to know what we've got so far, I'll give my two cents/ feedback then we'll go from there. And if it matters, I've played Carthage the most extensively of any faction and am fairly well-learned about that culture, its history etc.

Put me to work
    Good stuff!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Put me to work
    Welcome to the team

And if it matters, I've played Carthage the most extensively of any faction and am fairly well-learned about that culture, its history etc.
    Another Carthage history buff! You ever look into Dr. Yozan Mosig's analysis of Carthage and the 2nd Punic War? If so, what's your take on it?

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

How's that?

Edit: I probably shouldn't be showing this yet as the units are no where near completed as many new models and textures will be replacing the ones shown here. By the by, that is the Attila engine...
    I'm impressed, you have a great talent for taking screenshots! Should enter them more in comp mate

Didn't know it'd be this easy to mod units back in. I would suggest you add a lot of whole coloured units - take the example from Little Legionnaire's army mod and Demirkitos's mod. Just take a few examples from there. I hope you add a good Selecuid reskin with golden cataphract and smashing silver shield pikeman (not standard ones, but with good armour and detail),

Now here's a thing, with the mod tools coming out when it comes in the near future, will you be able to edit the city of Carthage like in TED? One of the things I look forward to is not only a reskinned Rome 2, but will you guys be able to recreate the historical battle of Carthage? I was noticing the creation video of the City of Carthage and its map had been edited to look all shapes and sizes, you had one section where the landmass was elevated to an certain extent, and then you had all MMAA stuff added in. You guys better do this cus CA lied to us about the City of Carthage one.

I would love to see submods with Ancient cities recreated using Attila mod tools. But damn the map size will be 2km x 2km which sucks.

Still, awesome work, awesome job, I wish you guys the best of luck!

Also, if you notice the Persian Modders have posted a new mod called Surena Epic, Aztec over there has been able to add a 'Historical battle' with the cinematics along with it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ar-Surena-Epic

I'm also wondering, how moddable will this be? Will you be able to add in scripted videos like in Shogun 2? Will you add events or dilemas where the player can do a lot of roleplaying? Can you make the water crsytal green( please...)

Is it possible to add new faction intros for the factions?

And do add Classic UI art for events and pictures.I

I'd be more than happy to donate all the research I have done so far should it come useful to you guys.

But you guys must use Terry and Ted to recreate the alpha siege of Carthage.....it was what was promised to us....(I'm jk of course, but seriously do recreate it...).

Also, I'll ask you guys to make sure that when you release the mod that you also have the UI elements within it. I don't want it to be separated. I prefer the old mods of RTW 1 and MTW2 displaying new mods with their UI. It helps the player a lot to know what kind of mod they're playing.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; April 06, 2015 at 08:20 AM.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post
    I'm impressed, you have a great talent for taking screenshots! Should enter them more in comp mate

Didn't know it'd be this easy to mod units back in. I would suggest you add a lot of whole coloured units - take the example from Little Legionnaire's army mod and Demirkitos's mod. Just take a few examples from there. I hope you add a good Selecuid reskin with golden cataphract and smashing silver shield pikeman (not standard ones, but with good armour and detail),

Now here's a thing, with the mod tools coming out when it comes in the near future, will you be able to edit the city of Carthage like in TED? One of the things I look forward to is not only a reskinned Rome 2, but will you guys be able to recreate the historical battle of Carthage? I was noticing the creation video of the City of Carthage and its map had been edited to look all shapes and sizes, you had one section where the landmass was elevated to an certain extent, and then you had all MMAA stuff added in. You guys better do this cus CA lied to us about the City of Carthage one.

I would love to see submods with Ancient cities recreated using Attila mod tools. But damn the map size will be 2km x 2km which sucks.

Also, if you notice the Persian Modders have posted a new mod called Surena Epic, Aztec over there has been able to add a 'Historical battle' with the cinematics along with it.

I'm also wondering, how moddable will this be? Will you be able to add in scripted videos like in Shogun 2? Will you add events or dilemas where the player can do a lot of roleplaying? Can you make the water crsytal green( please...)

I'd be more than happy to donate all the research I have done so far should it come useful to you guys.

But you guys must use Terry and Ted to recreate the alpha siege of Carthage.....it was what was promised to us....(I'm jk of course, but seriously do recreate it...).

Also, I'll ask you guys to make sure that when you release the mod that you also have the UI elements within it. I don't want it to be separated. I prefer the old mods of RTW 1 and MTW2 displaying new mods with their UI. It helps the player a lot to know what kind of mod they're playing.
    I can speak on the UI and videos. As far as videos, that is the dream. When mods tools come out, our hope is to figure it out to add our own unique videos.

The UI will certainly be with the first release. I have about 5 cultures completed and aiming for 3 more main culture UI Templates. That doesn't mean tho it will not change. And we could add in even more down the road. For example all hellenistic factions will have a hellenistic UI, but I could eventually split those up, have an ptolemic UI, macedonian, greek city states, Selecuid, etc. I come from the Roma Surrectum and EB era, as far as fan boy goes (never worked on those projects, so do not want to take credit for that). But hopefully you will see some of that influence in the UI
    Last edited by UMCenturion; April 06, 2015 at 08:55 AM.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post

Wow that is something to reply to...

First, how would I enter competitions as I have a few more in the wallpaper thread you might like. As for units, yes its actually not as hard as I feared. We already have permission to use things from Legionaire and Kalziel and if I had my way we would be using only Legionaire alone for the entire overhaul xD. Though ABH wants a little bit extra here and there I plan to keep it pretty similar to Legionaire's work.

To do with battle maps and such, I will see what I can do as I plan to handle that myself and would like to add a few things of note. Historically accurate cities would be one, with every settlement being protected by at least some defence even if its one that can be knocked over by units. Hill forts are definitely something I wish to showcase a bit more and roman towns should be rather large rectangular affairs which will make street combat oh so fun. Though of course this all depends on the tools I am given and how well they actually work. It would be nice to make every region different but we do want to release at some point in the next ten years xD. Might continue doing it after release though. Would also like to port it over to Rome 2 but as most of the models being used will be Attila models we will see. Again with the Carthage and such using Attila models will maybe make this a problem but maybe we can port the Rome 2 models which are tbh inferior anyway.

With historical battles I have to admit it is something I have no idea about, it would be nice if I could though, but with the AI as it is, I doubt it (Ive also tried adding in videos before but got no where).

UI isn't my area but I feel this has been answered.

Once again I would personally LOVE to create realistic cities but also we would have to worry about optimisation and such just like CA. Another thing I would like to do with the Attila battlefields is make them a little more alive, have wild horses running around plains and in stables with villagers. Maybe have guards on walls and roaming around cities. One thing I would love to do is add in camps at each side of the battlefield that the armies would emerge from when going into battle. I plan to add in more single person units and adding variation to the villagers and such too.

Hope this answers your questions and more.
    Petellius

The Persian mod is interesting. Some nice work done there. I didn't download it, but in terms of the cinematics attached to the historical battles, those are scripted. So, doing them would require that. Porting the ones over from Rome 2 shouldn't be too hard, honestly. But they are pretty low down on the totem pole at the moment given the amount of work left to be done.

Similarly, I would imagine editing of cities will be a long term project. Ideally, we'd find one modder who wants to focus on that area and work on it. I haven't had a chance to touch the tools, so we'll see how it goes. There are obviously a few unique settlements that are a must, and I'm wondering if we'd have any ability to port over from Rome 2 at least temporarily (I'm doubting it, but not an area I've explored much).

We are always going to be confined on the map front by what CA gives us and the game's limits. The older mods had a bit more flexibility in this area. From what I've gathered, though, the battle map editor is the best part of the new tools and pretty user friendly.

We have permission to use the work of a lot of unit packs from some very generous modders. Legionaire's among them. I also do plan to do unique colors for units instead of factional colors. That idea is being put in place and we will be using some of the colors from said mods along with textures etc. Right now, we lack people to do our own textures and shields, but we do have a pretty massive database.

Right now, I still need some help from people to do variantmeshdefinitions. The early Romans are nearly done and I hope to have a preview up whenever Petellius returns complete with new unit cards by UMCenturion.

I'd suggest looking here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Preview-Added

There are some Rome 2 mods that touched on this area nicely I hope to get permission for inclusion.

Not with sound, no. People have been able to insert videos, but the sound is tied to files that CA has never provided modders. The wwise file they gave for Rome 2 only works for in-game music and not the videos. Basically sound and video are separate with the audio playing through track lists we don't have.

I doubt CA gives us these for Attila.

I will be returning around the 20th of April btw. I'll get what I can done though as I said before I left... exams are coming xD

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Great ! Godd luck AE team. The Warriors of faith mod is a good idea cause you will have less balance problem when the main mod is out.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

I was expecting some ppl to move these new features of Attila to Rome 2, but u doing the reverse.
    And u know what? That's better!

Good luck guys!
    Last edited by SharpEyed; April 21, 2015 at 09:48 AM.

Check out the main page for updates on new units later today!
    Ancient Empires

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

This is looking very promising indeed.

You have defined the start era of the mod, but not its effective duration.

As you have called it Ancient Empires, I take it you will cover the Imperial era?

Are you intending to take it through the Imperial era to the split of the Empire?

We have games & mods covering the Republican eras & the decline of the Empire.

When the Empire was at its zenith.....nada.

Yet
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.