Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Pretty sure the AI units in DEI cost the same as for the player. The AI factions get an income bonus usually, which is probably the origin of that issue.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Quote Originally Posted by Willhelm123 View Post
    Pretty sure the AI units in DEI cost the same as for the player. The AI factions get an income bonus usually, which is probably the origin of that issue.
    Ah, well will you remove the income bonus for the AI then?

Gents,

i was watching some video previews and I notice Sicily only has one city, please add more, I dont like all that island only having one settlement. If you can add some more to Italy itself as well, that would be wicked.

thanks

Totalknight

You cant make more cities, you can only use the maps that CA has made.

Oh.. I thought you had tools to modify it already. Oh well

Just the tools to modify battle scenes for settlements.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Can we expect any type of release for the Attila platform for Ancient Empires anytime soon?

afraid not. Though we've come a long way. I wouldn't hope for anything earlier than summer at a guess.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    afraid not. Though we've come a long way. I wouldn't hope for anything earlier than summer at a guess.
    But summer is almost over, do you mean next summer?

Yes next summer I'm afraid

Nooooooo!!!! You guys need more help..

we'll just see. Tbh things have been moving much faster than they were, so maybe it will be before then, its very difficult to say. I must say I'm really happy with the combat and we've lots of factions nearly ready to be shown. Buildings have started to be worked on too so we haven't got a whole deal more to do before an initial release I guess, but I'd rather this was a bit more complete and also its very time consuming work.

no rush, quality before quantity

This mod moves fast but there is such a huge quantity to be made.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Is it possible to add a script that add historical war events, So that let say i play as rome and when i hit a time frame the AI declares war to me "like big events that really happend" and then you get some senate missions or something to fight a war overseas.

And a other question will capture points be removed by towers, Because if you can't capture them they can't colapse "stupid feature" and you need to destroy them where you need to use artillery so you can't just attack with no attack plan.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Interesting point on the towers, not sure they function without a capture point though. On the scripting of major events, yes it is planned but we have no scripter so we're working blind

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Interesting point on the towers, not sure they function without a capture point though. On the scripting of major events, yes it is planned but we have no scripter so we're working blind
    Well it sould be i think atleast in RTW II it still works without capture "Needs some testen then I hope i hope it those work"

Awesome that those events are possible atleast.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Will there be natural disasters again? They were in the game I assume, but very bugged.

In rome II the campaign map had bright colors and the battle maps had lots of light to represent the classical era. In Attila everything is darker to represent the start of the dark ages. I think it would create a better mood to bring back back the colours and lighting from Rome II now that we are getting back to the classical era. Is this possible?

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by rem123456 View Post
    In rome II the campaign map had bright colors and the battle maps had lots of light to represent the classical era. In Attila everything is darker to represent the start of the dark ages. I think it would create a better mood to bring back back the colours and lighting from Rome II now that we are getting back to the classical era. Is this possible?

It may be, but a complete answer cannot be given yet. I have changed porthole lighting relatively easily. But that is only a small aspect and small file to work with. Ill have to compare both files from Rome 2 and Attila and test.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing