Thread: A first Impression and a BIG call for HELP!!

Icon4 A first Impression and a BIG call for HELP!!

Hey Folks.

TW Attila is awesome. The best Total War so far from the fun and intensity. It is actually really difficult.

But here is the part were i could need some help.

I play te ERE. I managed to wither the storm of migrating people and are barely able to defend my 3!! Fronts(the HUGE on against the Sassanids and there Vasals, a second one against some African Tribes in the southwest wich is a pain because of the desert i cant move against them, and a third against the Numidians and some Arabian Tribes in the Southeast, wich is a also a defenisve war).

I I have only two recruitment Provinces(one in Thrace and one in syria), all the other provices are maxed out for food and sanitation. I immensly enjoyed the game so far because i was powerfull but i simply could not steamroll anyone. Every decission was a carefull one. I made 1,5k profid a turn and have now 8 fullstacks to defend my border. I was making a plus of around 500 food. THe game was simply put PERFECT, but now a vid popped up in like turn 140-150 in wich a christian priest was burned and i hit chapter 3 or so. now im in -200 food and -300 or so cash per turn. How do you deal with this INSANE FAMINE? Its ridiculus that i loose 700 food. Any help? Like i said everything is maxed out to boost food production.

Default Re: A first Impression and a BIG call for HELP!!

for me the solution was abandoning settlements/regions and cut all of those buildings that consume food and other negative effects and keep core settlements and estrategic ones and focus on develop them to the point when you can take back what you abandoned before but in a more secure way. this game seems to work a very different mentality than previous games.
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

So how does one know which buildings consume food ?
    EDIT: Ok, got it, new to the game, but after seeing some good video on food I figured out clearly some buildings do consume food, when I had thought that things like -30 food was what one saved from food consumption
    Last edited by General Gordon; May 25, 2017 at 07:53 AM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    So how does one know which buildings consume food ?
    Mouse over the building while looking at one of your regions, building effects details will pop up on the left hand screen, see "food consumption." Also load the TW Encyclopedia (select from an icon upper left of screen) then locate under column heading "buildings."

Thanks, yes really buildings seem to be the main food consumption. Now I've stabilized my campaign by watching every single turn food availability in each of my regions as well as choosing buildings that I can support, and converting and dismantling those that use too much food.
    My new challenge is that my family tree right now consists of ONLY the King and his wife, no one else, not even children, and many of my generals/governors have low loyalty and even have had some civil wars already. Guess I have to look at the skills to increase loyalty of king or his wife and stasrt thinking of ADOPTING to enlarge my family tree.