Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Replenishment Mod

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Ammo Replenishment Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SarkyCol View Post
    If you're a bit of a cheater like me and want instant ammo replenishment I made an adjustment that makes it one second.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tg2ja756m3...ammo.pack?dl=0

I don't mean to offend you magnar and will remove if it is unwanted
    Its not a problem for me, always good to see more modders

Foederatus

I'd like to incorporate this ability into a personal mod I'm working on, basically adding this ability to all horse archers, but only to horse archers, adjust the horse archer firing rate to extremely high, but ammunition count extremely low. Basically, all horse archers would charge in, dump 5 arrow volleys into the target, and be out of ammo and have to withdraw to safety to restock. Even though, with the unit's ammo set at 5, and the ability replenishing 10, it doesn't replenish more than 5. It's convenient to do it this way, but it feels makeshift, rather than intentional. Do you know of a way to mod the ability to reduce the number of arrows replenished? I can't seem to figure it out...

Thanks!

I've attached a copy of the .pack so you can take a look at it. It's based on the Hunnic Devil Cavalry, so it's higher tier than normal horse archers. I've also buffed the damage and AP damage, but it can only shoot normal and heavy shot. It's range has been debuffed to barely more than javelins, though, to compensate.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Foederatus

Uploaded an older, non-working file. Sorry about that. Can't edit post, so sorry for double-posting. Here's the working file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by the emerald ingot View Post
    I'd like to incorporate this ability into a personal mod I'm working on, basically adding this ability to all horse archers, but only to horse archers, adjust the horse archer firing rate to extremely high, but ammunition count extremely low. Basically, all horse archers would charge in, dump 5 arrow volleys into the target, and be out of ammo and have to withdraw to safety to restock. Even though, with the unit's ammo set at 5, and the ability replenishing 10, it doesn't replenish more than 5. It's convenient to do it this way, but it feels makeshift, rather than intentional. Do you know of a way to mod the ability to reduce the number of arrows replenished? I can't seem to figure it out...

Thanks!

I've attached a copy of the .pack so you can take a look at it. It's based on the Hunnic Devil Cavalry, so it's higher tier than normal horse archers. I've also buffed the damage and AP damage, but it can only shoot normal and heavy shot. It's range has been debuffed to barely more than javelins, though, to compensate.
    special ability phases to effects

Foederatus

ok, I think I got it. Thanks for the help, and for the inspiration for this idea. You rock!

the custom archer units in radious unit mod doesnt have this ability. Would it be possible for those custom archer units to also get this ability??

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by lu_qh View Post
    the custom archer units in radious unit mod doesnt have this ability. Would it be possible for those custom archer units to also get this ability??
    Thats not possible for this mod sorry.

You'd need that to be done in a submod for radious mod.

no new update for 1.2?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zaftboy View Post
    no new update for 1.2?
    im still updating all the mods will announce when they have all been updated.

First of all, congratulations Magnar. Forgot to say on last post and could not edit so...

It's really satisfaying have people like you helping community to grow and expand.

Tryed an historical battle and the refill skill crashed game when replinished (After 1.2, did not try it before ;D)

Quote Originally Posted by zaftboy View Post
    no new update for 1.2?
    Well i just started a new campaign today using the old version and it works fine

magnar if its not too much can you also provide one that has half the replenishment time? 2 min seems a tad bit long

Quote Originally Posted by madcow12 View Post
    Well i just started a new campaign today using the old version and it works fine

magnar if its not too much can you also provide one that has half the replenishment time? 2 min seems a tad bit long
    It just won't work for the new celtic archers and skirmishers, your old factions will be fine with the old version.
    "I'm playing the damn bongos and the world can go to hell."
    - James Dean

Crash to desktop after replinishment on skirmishers playing as ostrogoths.

Tell me if i can be more usefull.

Good luck.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Solarak View Post
    Crash to desktop after replinishment on skirmishers playing as ostrogoths.

Tell me if i can be more usefull.

Good luck.
    cheers for the bug report. will see if i can replicate it and may have to remove it from them.

Hi, ctd again after replinishment... Visigoths siegeing Constantinopolis, 3rd time I made skill on onagers.

I think the mod goes balanced with 20 min battles, it will cost you a 10% of it to take some ammu but takes longer enought to deny the abuse of it.

Thank you for help, mods and will, Magnar. Expect you find bug report usefull.

Hi magnar,
    can i have permission to edit the mod to cut replenishment time by half? should i only use it for myself or may i post it in this thread so others can use it too?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by madcow12 View Post
    Hi magnar,
    can i have permission to edit the mod to cut replenishment time by half? should i only use it for myself or may i post it in this thread so others can use it too?
    Yeah np mate, as you like.

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

This mod just got mentioned on the Total War facebook page.

so is it safe to update the game on steam?

Don't know why, but when I try to launch the game with this mod checked in the mod manager, the game stops responding and I am stuck at the loading screen (yes, I have the English version of the game).
    Last edited by yupper; July 19, 2015 at 02:05 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast