Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RELEASED!! - DogSoldierSPQR Presents Umbra Et Provacatus! - Attila Combat Overhaul!!! - Units Can Be Upgraded Again!

Default Re: RELEASED!! - DogSoldierSPQR Presents Umbra Et Provacatus! - Attila Combat Overhaul!!! - Units Can Be Upgraded Again!

All good input guys, I have had a few enemy units fight to the last man, The moral needs to be tweaked a wee bit. Agree on the T1 units should not be using the more advanced formations, shield wall only for them.
    ''When you are the anvil, be patient. When you are the hammer, strike''-Arabian Proverb

Default Re: RELEASED!! - DogSoldierSPQR Presents Umbra Et Provacatus! - Attila Combat Overhaul!!! - Units Can Be Upgraded Again!

Would like to try this, is it compatible with Radious?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnCavemanicus View Post
    Would like to try this, is it compatible with Radious?

No, I had to chose between this and Radious, I chose this, I know Radious offers more but i find the combat still to vanilla plus Radious is currently very easy to play.
    ''When you are the anvil, be patient. When you are the hammer, strike''-Arabian Proverb

best fighting mod for me actually. + rep

Some units lost their special ability like german axemen cant use frenzy now.
    Tetsudo on barbarians is a little bit strange ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dgirth12 View Post
    No, I had to chose between this and Radious, I chose this, I know Radious offers more but i find the combat still to vanilla plus Radious is currently very easy to play.
    I load this before Radious combat changes and i use vanilla taxes sub mod for Radious. Tadaa, Radious is usable now

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Thanks for more feedback, guys. I'll be doing more testing tonight. Should have something more for you tomorrow.
    Just a quick note, this mod can be used with Radious'. If you use Mitch's mod manager just apply my mod higher than his. Should work fine, although I have directly removed all of Radious' combat mechanics and used it with mine. Still, it should work as long as you load mine above it.
    I'll have a see what I can do with morale and casualties, guys. Also, the reason certain units with small shields have these formations is that because the fields are in two different areas in the modding files, and because the shield names are not too obvious and don't give you a good idea as to which ones they are, it's hard to instantly know which units should have what formations. The naming regime for things in Attila is confusing as hell, to be honest. With time, I'll be able to memorize units and shields, then fix it accordingly etc.
    Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this mod. It's just that I have spare time tonight and will be doing a lot more testing. Keep putting that feedback down for me, I appreciate it a lot
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Hi, how i can disable testudo formations from levy/militia barbarians? And how to remove that "unfire" ship button

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    I load this before Radious combat changes and i use vanilla taxes sub mod for Radious. Tadaa, Radious is usable now

Looking forward to your updates mate, This is the best combat mod for atilla by far, if you can apply some of the good feedback your getting then this will be the only one worth having.

A agree with the Germanic and Nordic nations should maybe have shield wall only ?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dgirth12 View Post
    Looking forward to your updates mate, This is the best combat mod for atilla by far, if you can apply some of the good feedback your getting then this will be the only one worth having.
    A agree with the Germanic and Nordic nations should maybe have shield wall only ?
    Absolutely agree...
    and +1 For the Barbaric formations restricted to shield wall only...

Im playing saxon and all last units from same category haves same stats but no same cost. For exemple elite duguth spearmen and spear masters.

Hey dogsoldier.

I'm currently tweaking your mod more to my own liking and I'm having trouble lowering the defence values so there are more casualties from the front. What value/s is making frontal attacks make so little casualties? I understand this is a feature of your mod but I'm looking to lower it a little as it makes the AI unable to inflict many losses as it always does frontal attacks with almost all of its army.

Hey dogsoldier.

I'm currently tweaking your mod more to my own liking and I'm having trouble lowering the defence values so there are more casualties from the front. What value/s is making frontal attacks make so little casualties? I understand this is a feature of your mod but I'm looking to lower it a little as it makes the AI unable to inflict many losses as it always does frontal attacks with almost all of its army. It seems to me that theres a little too much emphasis on shield size being the determining factor of victory. From my experience any Roman unit with a large shield can hold off any attack from any unit no matter how elite it is.

hey dogsolider, I noticed that the Western Auxilla Palatina of the romans has no formations at all even though the tier before it has the three formations.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    Im playing saxon and all last units from same category haves same stats but no same cost. For exemple elite duguth spearmen and spear masters.

Same. I hope there is a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by irwinesca View Post
    hey dogsolider, I noticed that the Western Auxilla Palatina of the romans has no formations at all even though the tier before it has the three formations.

I was going through the mod files and I was just about to say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by thehiddenedge View Post
    I was going through the mod files and I was just about to say the same thing.
    Yea its getting hard on my campaign, the Huns are here and I can't make the bulk of my army as spears because arrows would decimate them. I badly need that testudo lol

Love your mod +rep

love the mod

any chance you'll update the new units?

also the att_rom_western_auxilia_palatina is missing it's abilities, easy fix, but should be added.

This is the combat mod I like most from what I have tested, e.g. retreating at low numbers instead of constant running away and returning.

Any news for an update?

I hope there is a celtic patch update! This is the best mod!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast