Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdom 1212 A.D Map [UPDATE]

Default Medieval Kingdom 1212 A.D Map [UPDATE]

Hey guys, here is the updated Medieval Kingdom 1212 A.D campaign map for ATTILA.

Warman and the team goal was to release the Campaign map over Attila instead of Rome II. Unfortunately, i won't be able to contribute any further work (unless they start around April, plus i don't own the game yet) then i will be able to come back aboard and begin modding ! ;D

the ones that are named on the map, means they are playable (and would fit under one faction_group_culture_racial) for the faction selection menu on Attila.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Medieval.jpg 
Views:	3527 
Size:	452.1 KB 
ID:	321225

feel free to post Feedback and suggestions.
    Last edited by Idreaus; February 18, 2015 at 03:50 AM.

Default Re: Medieval Kingdom 1212 A.D Map [UPDATE]

Looking forward to this one. !
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

This looks awesome!! Hope you guys manage to get this show on the road! Loving that you're managing to get Norway in the game without having a proper Norwegian settlement Damn engine!
    Last edited by helmersen; February 18, 2015 at 03:54 AM.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

I'm glad we see some modding going already. However guys, please check twice for any mistakes for everything you are posting (including grammar, spelling etc. Duchy of Poland, not Duches). Also, although it is open to interpretation, I believe Poland was a recognised kingdom since 1025. In fact, it had to be a kingdom as it was considered a "higher entity" in a union with Lithuania some centuries later, and I don't believe it went from being a duchy to a kingdom in that period. Although some people argue that Poland was a kingdom since 966, I believe first Polish King sat on the throne sine 1025.

Can't edit so double post...

The only reason it would refer to a duchy would be due to a change of administative structure called "Rozbicie Dzielnicowe" (division of districts), which was in fact a succession law, where each of King's sons was given a duchy to rule. There was a duchy of Greater Poland, Duchy of Silesia and so on... but they were still all part of the kingdom.
    Last edited by lolIsuck; March 14, 2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: double post merged

Why it is Norway at the Place of Sweden?

Is it just me or is Poland too big?

Quote Originally Posted by cldcrst View Post
    Is it just me or is Poland too big?
    I'd say so too. In general I think the mod needs a bit of research (if it wants to be accurate). Also, wasn't it france by that time as opposed to the kingdom of franks? I thought it was more of a post-roman, pre-medieval term.

Don't get me wrong, we are not hatin' We are just giving some feedback

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by zkajo View Post
    Can't edit so double post...

The only reason it would refer to a duchy would be due to a change of administative structure called "Rozbicie Dzielnicowe" (division of districts), which was in fact a succession law, where each of King's sons was given a duchy to rule. There was a duchy of Greater Poland, Duchy of Silesia and so on... but they were still all part of the kingdom.
    he probably meant to say "Duchies of Poland" and just made a typo (though spellchecking is always king). that said, im not sure poland as a unified faction makes sense at all, from a historical viewpoint (gameplay always comes first oc), considering the rivalry and infighting between the duchies.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    he probably meant to say "Duchies of Poland" and just made a typo (though spellchecking is always king). that said, im not sure poland as a unified faction makes sense at all, from a historical viewpoint (gameplay always comes first oc), considering the rivalry and infighting between the duchies.
    In that case HRE should be even more split up, and in form of some sort of alliance. They were fighting all the time, even more so than the Polish dukes.

The land you have marked as Bulgarian tzardom is the Cuman khaganate, the pink one is Bulgaria and it should possess southern Thrace as well.

Looking forward to this, best of luck!

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Would Norway really have all of Southern Sweden and Gotland and Åland? (the islands)
    I now they would have the area around the Geatish Capital. Maybe you can make it so that no one owns the rest of Sweden (not part of the region)?

Um.... Idreaus what are you doing? For starters, you need to contact me first before making a thread like this related to the mod. Largely because at the moment you're not actually on the team. If you want to come back you need to talk to me first so we can work this out. Second the planned factions on the map aren't what me and my team had in mind at all. Granted some of them are right but some just... aren't correct. We're also just not at this point yet so it's premature too. I'm going to ask a moderator to either close this thread or move it to the sub-forum. I get what you're trying to do but this is not the way to go man.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Would Norway really have all of Southern Sweden and Gotland and Åland? (the islands)
    I now they would have the area around the Geatish Capital. Maybe you can make it so that no one owns the rest of Sweden (not part of the region)?
    Considering that you cant edit the map (create regions or change borders) there isnt much you can do.

King Yngvar's Avatar Senator

This looks promising. Too bad you can't edit the map to add more of the Balticum and Scandinavia.
    It's redundant to write your username at the end of your post,
    if I wanted to see your name I'd look to the left of my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Um.... Idreaus what are you doing? For starters, you need to contact me first before making a thread like this related to the mod. Largely because at the moment you're not actually on the team. If you want to come back you need to talk to me first so we can work this out. Second the planned factions on the map aren't what me and my team had in mind at all. Granted some of them are right but some just... aren't correct. We're also just not at this point yet so it's premature too. I'm going to ask a moderator to either close this thread or move it to the sub-forum. I get what you're trying to do but this is not the way to go man.

Indeed, truly I would and should of had. However, I am not looking forward to return to the team by any means. This is just an idea contribution to the old map, to see if things can still be set and suited for the new map provinces. If having a set of image representaiton of related work to the actual modification, bothers you and the team then I am sorry. This has nothing to do with the actual hosted modification main mod. Please don't attribute egotistical attitude on this subject. I have always been supporting mods by supplying artistic contribution work to people despite not bieng part to the team, publicity? Not always. So please feel free to lock this thread.

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Idreaus View Post
    Indeed, truly I would and should of had. However, I am not looking forward to return to the team by any means. This is just an idea contribution to the old map, to see if things can still be set and suited for the new map provinces. If having a set of image representaiton of related work to the actual modification, bothers you and the team then I am sorry. This has nothing to do with the actual hosted modification main mod. Please don't attribute egotistical attitude on this subject. I have always been supporting mods by supplying artistic contribution work to people despite not bieng part to the team, publicity? Not always. So please feel free to lock this thread.

cheers,
    If what you say was your intent, then you should not have named this thread "1212 map update." It implies the wrong thing, that is obvious. It would be like me posting a DEI update when I don't belong to that team. Kind of ridiculous.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

I think you should change Norway and put Sweden at the place

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

I agree with previous statements. Remove Norway and add Sweden instead. Having Norway in control of the entirety of southern Sweden as well as the island of Gotland looks really odd.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

This will be crazy, awesome, can't wait!

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

I didn't know Brittany owned Orleans

But like warman said, I'll wait for the official team map

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast