Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.)

Default Re: Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.)

If you load this mod before other mods, it should work properly.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

delita5's Avatar Libertus

Hmm no no work for some odd reason the two do not work together
    Gods why...?

I am not sure why he would have that table in his mod unless he had edited it. I will check it out and make a compatible submod.

Compatible with latest patch. Also posted Radious compatible versions.

delita5's Avatar Libertus

Thanks Dresden
    As always doing a great job

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

One questions:
    When a faction is liberated? What will be the status of it vis-a-vis the liberator?
    Does it automatically become the liberator's satrapy?
    I hope it doesn't mere become a client state which still has independent diplomacy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdek View Post
    An update on disappearing confederated generals... because I can't see them on the faction screen to do loyalty increasing intrigue on them, after the next round of elections they got really butthurt that I gave "their" office to someone else. I fired them from their commands to prevent them from taking a powerful force into a civil war, and hoped that would be the end of it. It wasn't, some time later one of them started the separatist movement and the other is close to joining him. I'm going to use that 2nd one to fight the first one and hopefully get them both killed off that way.

So yeah, it would be great if confederated generals, governors, and statesmen got added to the Other Nobles roster, to prevent unneccessary violence.

this! i don't know if it's possible to fix this issue, but forming confederations with the nordic can cause a lot of issues, but it's too cool too pass up

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    One questions:
    When a faction is liberated? What will be the status of it vis-a-vis the liberator?
    Does it automatically become the liberator's satrapy?
    I hope it doesn't mere become a client state which still has independent diplomacy...
    Liberated factions are automatically military allies of the liberator, free to do whatever they want. Over time they might decide to break that treaty if the liberator keeps doing things they don't like, but it takes a while.

hmmm as vandals, i settled magna graecia and just for giggles asked ostrogoths and vandals to confederate, both accepted. too easy? this was before 400ad.

Fantastic mod! improved my gameplay 100% especially playing as northern germanics. but plz plz is it possible to make a confederation between angles and saxons called "anglo saxons"? if you dont have time, could you at least give some hints on how to do it?

Confederations are based on subculture, so they would have to be Northern Germanic based (or what not). I am not even sure confederation names will work since they don't exist in the vanilla text files. It can be tested, though, by adding the text entries used in Rome and changing the factions to the attila ones.

Here is a pack that you guys can test if confederation name changes are possible: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...fnameTest.pack

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Confederations are based on subculture, so they would have to be Northern Germanic based (or what not). I am not even sure confederation names will work since they don't exist in the vanilla text files. It can be tested, though, by adding the text entries used in Rome and changing the factions to the attila ones.

Here is a pack that you guys can test if confederation name changes are possible: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4...fnameTest.pack
    I've just tested this and it doesn't appear to work. I've also tried changing those "when_shogun" entries in the faction names table (also didn't work), but maybe that just has to do with civil wars. But the confederation mechanic does work of course. I think I've even seen the AI make confederations, but it's hard to tell since there's no message or change in the faction names - one faction just disappears from the diplomacy screen with no "destroyed" message.

Solam's Avatar Libertus

Hello, I play with Radious mod and
    I used All Occupation and Diplomatic Options and in this mod have confederate.
    But if I confederate with other faction have "same blood" icon, the family tree or all member of them faction become invisible even if I disband them from the Army which they was in it. In next turn I have message said they are ready for duty but not in "family tree table" !!! ..

Any idea how to fix that ?!! did I have to download "Barbarian Confederations" mod too ??

Thank You ..

I think there are simply some core issues that won't be possible. I could be wrong, but since confederations are not supposed to be there they may have limitations

Solam's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I think there are simply some core issues that won't be possible. I could be wrong, but since confederations are not supposed to be there they may have limitations
    I see, I think better to takeoff confederations from All Occupation and Diplomatic Options ..

Quote Originally Posted by internalmemory View Post
    That's barely anything though. I think it's neat but it pisses me off that you can't do that to real, substantial, larger factions. Or even weaker tiny pathetic factions - like Angles.

Although on a stupid hand, nearly every effing faction ends up abandoning everything and going into horde mode if they catch the drift of a fart from 32 miles away. Danes, Jutes, Geats, all of southern England, every faction in the Viking DLC pack have all gone into horde mode at the slightest smallest tiniest display of distress... Like the Geats were powerful, had armies, a strong navy - were winning the war against the Danes, and even after their foe the Danes were defeated - they still abandoned their land for no reason even though they had no other enemies.

But I imagine if they have it so you can give regions to hordes - they at least have the mechanic in the game somewhere... So why the firetruck can't they unlock it for modders to allow it to be used with EVERY faction?
    Love it, so true though. I hate this horde nonsense with the AI. More obsessed with being a horde faction, leaving their town/city completely and to hell with the objectives of capturing settlements lol
    I did post about this on the mod request forum but I got nailed down by 3 others saying I was wrong :\

Get Smoked's Avatar Foederatus

CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A MOD WHERE BOTH ROMAN FACTIONS CAN CONFEDERATE REFORMING THE ROMAN EMPIRE? SHOULD NOT BE THAT HARD TO DO.

I say this in caps because someone else said this earlier and it was ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Smoked View Post
    CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A MOD WHERE BOTH ROMAN FACTIONS CAN CONFEDERATE REFORMING THE ROMAN EMPIRE? SHOULD NOT BE THAT HARD TO DO.

Now that would be an interesting turn of events. Talk about Legendary start.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Well i myself dont enabled confederate for reason, to many bug resulted from that, similiar like Nomad AI like Hun that try occupy any city, once they enter the city, they stuck cant recruit any units, unless we give them certain building to support it. Enabled the tick option is easy , but the side effect is quite terrible

Anyways nice mod Sir Dresden
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Well i myself dont enabled confederate for reason, to many bug resulted from that, similiar like Nomad AI like Hun that try occupy any city, once they enter the city, they stuck cant recruit any units, unless we give them certain building to support it. Enabled the tick option is easy , but the side effect is quite terrible

Anyways nice mod Sir Dresden
    Yeah, there are quite a few issues with adding in options that shouldn't be there. I simply made these mods for people who want to try something different, even with those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Smoked View Post

The 2 Roman factions are separate subcultures. Confederations are based on subculture. You could change them to be the same, but many other aspects would have to be changed if you wanted to retain the unique qualities of the 2 factions.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast