Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.)

Default Re: Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobi Wan Kenobi View Post
    Do you have a source?
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...tal-War-Attila

And i already saw a let's lay were East Roman Empire give a region to the Visigoth in exchange for peace.

Quote Originally Posted by maexim View Post
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...tal-War-Attila

And i already saw a let's lay were East Roman Empire give a region to the Visigoth in exchange for peace.
    Were the Visigoth in horde mode? I have heard you can gift regions to hordes - although I've never seen it in game, and there would be nearly no way to know if a faction has done it in game either because I've seen hordes camp right next to towns for 20 turns and nothing happens. I imagine that hordes also attack settlements to take them and occupy them.

Personally I think the files to use true region giving are locked and blocked in the game. And regardless of how much we talk about it, CA seems to not care. I've made a 5 page thread on Total War official forums and then a moderator censored the thread by throwing it into the desolate empty "Off-Topic" section for no reason.

Bad business practices CA. Bad. What we need is an entire community petition. Something to rival the events of what happened when Rome 2 was released.

Is possibly a 2nd version, with a possible Anpasung for the Radious-Mod?
    So 1x, for the Vanilla version + 1x for the Radious-Mod
    as in the Additional Units Mod - Attila (AUM-ATT) [Vanilla] + Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Attila (AUM-ATT) is of "Swiss Halberdier"?

Find your mods ever very great , but it can not use together with Radious otherwise.
    Last edited by White_Eagle; February 22, 2015 at 02:51 AM.

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

What do Confederations do?

Let's just hope the modders will be able to unlock this region giving and improve it!

Confederations work the same as in Rome 2, I think.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yeah but as it is, with this mod there's no notification when they do confederate. Also the name just remains the faction that the other faction assimilated into, which I'm fine with but that may be confusing some people.

I will look into adding confederation names.

For some factions it's better to keep the current system I think. I really like being able to Confederate with Western Roman Empire rebel factions while retaining the name "Western Roman Empire", it's a nice realistic alternative being able to re-incorporate them into the empire without having to murder them all. You even gain their commanders for use in the political mode. For none rebels it'd make sense to edit the name, like barbarian combos and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    But what are they? I never made a confederation or met one in rome 2 when i played, like what are the differences between regular alliances?

A confederation between two factions combines them into a single faction. In the case of the player, any faction they confederate with gives the player that factions territory and units. For example if the Romans confederated with say Carthage, their empires would combine resulting in one faction taking control of both factions territory and armies, agents, etc. I commonly confederate with rebel roman factions in Attila in order to acquire their lands, armies and agents with no bloodshed.

It's worth noting you can only confederate with factions of the same "blood", what factions share your blood is visible in the diplomacy menu when you install this mod.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Very useful Dresden

Cheers

Oh nice, i like confederations now, but do the AI use them in attila?

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

Thanks Dresden, love being able to confederate again. One downside though, you inherit their armies and generals, but the generals don't show up in the Other Nobles column of the Family Tree screen. Dunno if its possible to add that but it'd be cool. It'd be an interesting thing to consider before confederating, do you have enough dominion and control to handle a sudden influx of new nobles? If you're not careful, you could confederate and cause a civil war.

I had a recurring crash with the mod enabled during the AI turns. Many turns into the game the screen would just freeze and I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to the desktop during the turn of the Visigoths - different from the frequent hick-ups of the game. Sometimes the same thing happened again after reloading, sometimes everything was fine for a few more turns. The problem was gone after disabling the mod.

But apart from that: Thanks for the great mod!

Hmm perhaps a byproduct of having many options that are not supposed to be for certain factions. Which mod was it specifically?

It was the first one with all the options.

I noticed that Requesting Military Access is still missing from Horde factions like the Huns, do you plan on hopefully making it available?

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

An update on disappearing confederated generals... because I can't see them on the faction screen to do loyalty increasing intrigue on them, after the next round of elections they got really butthurt that I gave "their" office to someone else. I fired them from their commands to prevent them from taking a powerful force into a civil war, and hoped that would be the end of it. It wasn't, some time later one of them started the separatist movement and the other is close to joining him. I'm going to use that 2nd one to fight the first one and hopefully get them both killed off that way.

So yeah, it would be great if confederated generals, governors, and statesmen got added to the Other Nobles roster, to prevent unneccessary violence.

Hi Dresden, first of all I love your mod! also in Rome2 but I experiencing an issue with the Radious_Attila_mod: option confederation disappear can u solve? tnx a lot!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast