Thread: WITCHER: Northern Kingdoms Total War [IDEA/PROPOSAL]

Icon3 WITCHER: Northern Kingdoms Total War [IDEA/PROPOSAL]

I am by no means a mod developer of any sort, but I am a huge fan of the Witcher world, its lore, its politics, and its wars. For this mod, I feel Atilla would fit the bill nicely.

I am proposing an IDEA that I sincerely hope mod developers find sympathy for, and I wholeheartedly encourage and praise anyone willing to take up this project.

What this mod would entail:

1. Major Northern Kingdoms playable in custom battles + the Nilfgaard Empire. The factions are the following: Temeria, Redania, Aedirn, Kaedwen, Nilfgaard, Kovir and Povis, Lyria and Rivia, and Cintra. The last 3 I would consider to be optional as there are little to no visual references for their armors, but generic medieval plate and mail with the proper heraldic colors and banners would always do.

2. Reworked menu, interface, and loading screens themed after the acclaimed Witcher game/book series.

3. New modeled armors and unit types based upon the information available from games and concept art. (I am willing to provide as many sources and references as I possible can.)

4. Witcher soundtracks during battle sequences.

Important notes:

1. I do not expect anyone to view this as a mod that would overhaul the campaign and produce a new land mass or anything of the sort. I am strictly proposing this idea for CUSTOM BATTLES ONLY, but menu and interface + loading screens would be altered to improve the feel. A campaign overhaul is far to ambitious and would likely be extremely arduous to complete.

2. Personally I feel this mod would be very relevant and popular. There are tons of Witcher fans and players out there that would love to play this if it were created. Witcher 3 is on the horizon and rpg/Total War gamers will be more hyped than ever for something like this.

3. I consider Cintra, Lyria and Rivia, and Kovir and Povis to be optional factions for this mod. It may be best for them to not be included at all.

4. The developer of this modification would have to have decently in depth knowledge of the Witcher world and its factions. If you plan to develop this idea and you do not know very much, then you will need historical and lore advisors. I myself could provide an acceptable amount of information regarding units and factions. Additionally, I could write all of the descriptions for each faction. Unit cards would of course be up to a skilled artist. It is very likely there are individuals out there that have a much more in depth grasp of the lore than I do, it's just a matter of finding them.

Without further ado, here are the factions and various concepts of units for each faction.

Main Northern Kingdoms
    Temeria

Redania
    Aedirn
    Kaedwen
    Nilfgaard

Optional Northern Kingdoms
    Kovir and Povis
    Lyria and Rivia
    Cintra

Temerian Unit Concepts
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Temerian Special Forces (unique elite unit)

Redanian Unit Concepts

Order of the Flaming Rose Knights

Kaedweni Unit Concepts:

Nilfgaard Unit Conepts

Aedirnian Unit Concepts
    -I could not find any specific concepts that could be of use, but this video contains some.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_KtvVvolY

Videos pertaining to wars involving the Northern Kingdoms and/or Nilfgaard

If there are any mod makers who are willing and feel they're are qualified to lead this project, please PM me!

Temeria Redania Kaedwen Aedirn Nilfgaard

Darth Cameroth's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: WITCHER: Northern Kingdoms Total War [IDEA/PROPOSAL]

I believe there was a proposal for this sort of mod for medieval 2, if someone was actually going to do this i would probably suggest Attila now since it has more stuff that could represent the world better.

Perhaps a later effort could involve putting the factions into the campaign map, say in Germania and then keep everyone outside the same, but uninvolved. The AI can't have a war outside of this centralised area and outside nobody does anything,

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cameroth View Post
    I believe there was a proposal for this sort of mod for medieval 2, if someone was actually going to do this i would probably suggest Attila now since it has more stuff that could represent the world better.
    Not really. You still can't change the campaign map. Although I would not be too enthusiastic about this mod, I never did like the Witcher.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Mods like these are even today still only fully possible with Rome and Medieval 2, unless you want custom battle only.

Working on this for Warhammer at the moment. I have the campaign map largely done and am now working on unit reskins, flags and faction colors. Anyone interested in helping out please send me a pm.

News about a the witcher 3 mod on total war?

So are there still working on The Witcher Total war????