Thread: Newbie in need of help! (SPQR Steam mess up)

Default Newbie in need of help! (SPQR Steam mess up)

Alright so yesterday I tried to install some mods to my copy of rome total war. first Roma Seccura wouldnt even finish downloading and running without an error, so I tried SPQR. I downloaded and ran it, putting the file in the Steam App/ Total war folder. It began to unpack but it recieved an error at one point and stopped (I don't remember that point). I canceled it and ran the total war game but the Splash screen for SPQR came up and it crashed.

I uninstalled it through steam and re-installed it, and it worked fine until I started a new campaign. I found all the shield Icons changed for the factions, and basic gameplay changed (No unit banners, Skirmishers not working at all, and Morale seemed to deplete in a second)

I have no clue how to fix this, so any help would be great

Default Re: Newbie in need of help! (SPQR Steam mess up)

come on, no one? is there any way to wipe a steam game's files back to original?

Go to Rome on your Steam games list, right click it and select Properties from the list that comes up. Then click Local Files and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache. If it doesn't work after that then you'll have to uninstall and then re-install it. Hope this helps you.
    The Persian Empire could raise about 700 soldiers a goat and two chicken
    "This is the time to show my authority."

Is this for making sure that future mods download well too?

Well, if you do all that, you'll get base Rome back, although your issue comes from the fact that SPQR is not-mod folder-ed, meaning it overwrites the base game files. So you'll always need to consider that when your installing mods, especially on Steam.
    The Persian Empire could raise about 700 soldiers a goat and two chicken
    "This is the time to show my authority."

police55's Avatar Foederatus

Before Deleting it on steam for a fresh reinstall delete the folders manually in the common folder and then delete by steam